“Date Night” New York Premiere – Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli

Leighton Meester may only have a supporting role in the movie “Date Night”, but she managed to grab the attention at the New York premiere last night.

The “Gossip Girl” actress walked the red carpet wearing a Giambattista Valli Spring 2010 print dress which has a green fringe detailing on the back.

I love this look minus her hair and the black strappy Phi shoes.

With so much detail on the back, I would’ve preferred her hair up in a tight bun. I think this is why her hair is swept onto her shoulder.

Her Phi shoes are really ugly.  They must be the ugliest shoes I’ve seen on the red carpet this year.

Why oh why is she so allergic to pretty shoes?

Does she have to wear a chunky ‘edgy’ shoe with every look?

[nggallery id=415]

Credit: Style.com, London Features, Fame Pictures, Zuma & Getty

"Paper Man" New York Screening - Olivia Palermo Carries Alexa Mulberry Clutch

“Paper Man” New York Screening – Olivia Palermo Carries Alexa Mulberry Clutch

“Date Night” New York Premiere – Tina Fey In Christian Cota

“Date Night” New York Premiere – Tina Fey In Christian Cota

23 Responses to “Date Night” New York Premiere – Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli

1. Elaine April 7, 2010 at 12:21 #

She doesnt wear Giambattista Valli half as well as Zoe Saldana does. Zoe’s strapless G.Valli dress of the same pattern was perfection on her and she accessorised it to perfection :-)

• Brooke April 7, 2010 at 16:22 #

Very much in agreement that Saldana wore the best incarnation of this Valli collection – and accessorized the hell out of it! I think this look is well below average as it is largely incoherent- the shoes, grooming and dress don’t seem to add up to anything of worth.

2. B April 7, 2010 at 12:41 #

EWW the shoes, and the hair… I don’t like how she’s had it coloured either.

However! Her makeup is lovely and simple and the dress is stunning. Progess?

3. Marvel April 7, 2010 at 12:49 #

I woud have preferred her to wear the G..Vali shoes Zoe Saldana wore a couple weeks ago. It would have made the outfit ‘pop’ more.

4. nicky April 7, 2010 at 13:34 #

really did not like this. someone else couldve given this dress justice but not leighton. her shoes are quite horrifying

5. Linda April 7, 2010 at 14:00 #

the dress is magnifique…eveything else sucks.

• michelle April 7, 2010 at 15:41 #

agreed, that dress is the business, to bad everything else if a #FAIL

6. mm April 7, 2010 at 14:07 #

I dont like the dress. I think you either like the front or the back. The entire look is confusion. I agree that Zoe pick from the collection was a winner.

7. mol April 7, 2010 at 14:10 #

The dress looks amazing on the model but not so much on Leighton.

8. Ally April 7, 2010 at 14:13 #

One of Leighton’s friends needs to stage an intervention and steal her heavy shoes. Her makeup artist was also slacking…dark lipstick and almost no eye makeup makes her look beyond exhausted.

9. mochababe73 April 7, 2010 at 15:00 #

Yes she has to wear edgy shoes with every outfit so that she can portray that she is the Anti-Blair. Like I have said many time, Leighton tries to hard to look like the opposite of alter ego on Gossip Girl. She needs a stylist to help her find the style that is going to work for her. As it is, I find her looks to be a mess.