07.04.10

Best Dressed Of The Year? Seriously?

I love Chery Cole. You guys know that.

I’ve been guilty of going overboard with my affections for her, but I’m surprised that she was crowned Best Dressed Of The Year by UK Glamour Magazine.

I don’t read Glamour magazine so I took no part in the readers poll, but I wonder who did.

If the readers based their vote on last years X Factor, then surely it should be Dannii Minogue who should be top of this poll.

The top 10 read like this.

1. Cheryl Cole
2. Rihanna
3. Blake Lively
4. Leighton Meester
5. Alexa Chung
6. Dannii Minogue
7. Kate Moss
8. Victoria Beckham
9. Beyonce Knowles
10. Emma Watson

Diane Kruger was at 14 and Zoe Salanda was at 39.

Very bizarre poll, but I’m sure Cheryl’s 3 stylists will be pleased.

You can view the Top 50 here.

Credit: Bauer Griffin

In Amanda Righetti's Closet - Brian Atwood Katie Lee Patent-Leather Sandals

In Amanda Righetti’s Closet – Brian Atwood Katie Lee Patent-Leather Sandals

"Paper Man" New York Screening - Olivia Palermo Carries Alexa Mulberry Clutch

“Paper Man” New York Screening – Olivia Palermo Carries Alexa Mulberry Clutch

57 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Year? Seriously?

1. Terry April 7, 2010 at 10:22 #

Does she really have THREE stylists? It sounds a little absurd (and vaguely disturbing) to me.

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 10:36 #

Yes. One is for the X Factor

2. Eve April 7, 2010 at 10:26 #

how come zoe salanda is at 39

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 10:38 #

crazy….the world is crazy for her to be number 39

• ahot April 7, 2010 at 12:25 #

To be BDOTY, all you need is someone who thinks for you. Beyond crazy! i will never buy a glamour mag again

3. coco April 7, 2010 at 10:36 #

Seriously? I hate Cheryl’s style. It looks so fake. And Rihanna? I like that she takes risks, but they hardly ever look good. This top ten is a mess, but I always find their best dressed lists odd.

4. Alice in the Wonderland April 7, 2010 at 10:42 #

rihanna, leighton , beyonce? world gone wild…

5. FashionBytes April 7, 2010 at 10:44 #

I really don’t get the fascination with Cheryl Cole, yes she has some nice clothes but who wouldn’t with 3 stylists.

• ahot April 7, 2010 at 12:57 #

thank you!
      and she looks good not fabulous. she should ditch the first two stylist and keep the last one, so she might have a chance to wow us

6. shubby doo April 7, 2010 at 10:46 #

Who votes? Chavs!

p.s
    Cheryl might wear all the premium designer labels but the girl still doesn’t have her own signature look…she needs a style and she needs it quickly cos I’m so bored by the fact that all she wears well is that pretty smile of hers…*sighs*…i’m hoping her gig on american’s x-factor will do the trick

pp.s
    Zoe 39th? like seriously?!!! cant remember her having a bad day at all last year…it’s got to be her fab oscars’ dress that scored her low…it’s fresh on people’s mind but i guess most just didnt get it *smdh* how can people not appreciate true style?!!!

7. Jessica April 7, 2010 at 10:48 #

Hi Fashion Critic!!!
    Although I read your blog EVERY day, this is the first time I leave a reply.
    I didn’t know Cheryl had 3 stylists!!! Really? Are they well known? Could you give us their names (in case you know them)?

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 11:02 #

yes I have it on good authority that she has 3. The 3rd i believe is just for the X Factor.

Frank Strachan is the Girls Aloud stylist and Victoria Adcock who I think is either the everyday stylist or the special events/x factor stylist are the only one’s I know.

Not sure on the 3rd’s name

• Jessica April 7, 2010 at 12:16 #

Thanks a lot! You’re very kind!

8. robbie April 7, 2010 at 10:52 #

wtf chavyl cole/tweedy is number 1. jeez that is strange cant believe blake and leighton are on it either though.

victoria as much as it pains me i think she should have been in the top 5 at least, i just got her book today from ebay and it is so good and the shoes are all GORGEOUS!

9. nicky April 7, 2010 at 10:53 #

never really trusted these polls anyways….voted by people who really clearly dont know fashion very well. anyhow, im glad tht at least diane and zoe got featured in this year’s best dressed..!

10. LeeAnn April 7, 2010 at 10:55 #

From recollection I read Glamour at the ripe old age of 15. From a 15 year old viewpoint Cheryl Cole is well dressed .

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 10:59 #

When you look at it that way, you’re totally right

• Ally April 7, 2010 at 14:15 #

That is what I was thinking b/c no sane adult female rate Leighton, Blake and Rhianna’s fashion sense above Diane Kruger, Zoe and Cate!

11. Alfredo April 7, 2010 at 10:59 #

I like Cheryl, but seriously 3 stylists? I can understand 1 for the X Factor, that’s perfectly acceptable. Maybe one as a personal one, but even then the outfits are not THAT great, most people would be able to pick those out.

Rihanna just grabs anything that looks “edgy” so common folk will think she’s so fashion forward and inovative but end up looking a fool.

Blake Lively and Leighton Meester, eh that’s fine, they have their upd and downs.

Alexa Chung is overrated IMO. So is Kate.

Victoria, Beyonce are ok. Emma should be higher.

12. Rebecca April 7, 2010 at 11:04 #

If Zoe was more well known in the UK, surely she’d have a higher position because 39 for someone who never disappoints is unbelievable.

And I know a lot of people really like Kristen Stewart but how is she ahead of SJP and, even though she has only been so-so lately, Charlize Theron.

I love Cheryl too and top ten sounds alright but number one?

13. mimi April 7, 2010 at 11:49 #

Cheryl Cole always gives me the impression that she is trying so hard to be stylish all the time. She doesn’t have Diane’s natural, not forced style. The fact that she has 3 stylists proves my point I think.

• ahot April 7, 2010 at 12:59 #

my words

14. Eve April 7, 2010 at 12:18 #

Whoever voted there definitely confused Leighton Meester with Blair Waldorf… ;-)

Anyways, this list seems to be rather a poplularity list than a style list!

15. Marvel April 7, 2010 at 12:53 #

I LOVE Cheryl and her style but I do not agree with the list. Zoe and Diane should definetly be in the Top 10 and WTF is Alexa Chung doing there. I guess Glamour magazine readers voted for her based more on her persona as a star than her fashion.

16. mmac April 7, 2010 at 13:11 #

Rihanna? The second one? come on! how is it possible? Beyonce? how made that list?

17. Dorian Gray April 7, 2010 at 13:19 #

Now I understand why you don’t read Glamour Uk! This chart is really “odd”!

18. Joana Oliveria April 7, 2010 at 13:26 #

how come Cheryl Cole appears in 5th place in the Worst dressed list?!

• Jasmine April 7, 2010 at 13:41 #

lol! that’s a good one — how COULD that slip past the editors?

19. Amy April 7, 2010 at 14:01 #

Victoria Adcock is definitely the Girls Aloud stylist and I’m pretty sure she does Cheryl’s everyday wear. I also think she has 2 stylists for the X-Factor.

I really don’t understand this title of ‘fashion icon’ which is being thrown around like wildfire these days and in this instance Cheryl’s case which I find even more bizarre. Her styling has been taken up a few notches since Asley’s infidelity in early 2008 but she doesn’t have a natural sense of style. Yes she wears some nice clothes (thanks to Victoria her stylist) but the clothes wear her and it’s just so obvious and off-putting.

No offence fashion critic but yes you do go overboard with your affections- but I guess it’s just a personal opinion that I disagree with. Also I’m glad you actually admit to going overboard- very refreshing.

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 14:02 #

No offense taken. :)

20. Andrew Mackinnon April 7, 2010 at 14:35 #

This cannot be a poll based on fashion alone. if it were, Zoe Salanda would definitelly be up there…
    I think this is more of a celebrity status poll… Totally giving off the wrong impression to Glamour readers what true fashion and stlye is all about.
    x

21. ~**juDee**~ April 7, 2010 at 15:12 #

EXACTLYYYY!!! You know what, I saw the link to the article “Cheryl Cole tops Victoria as best dressed” (or something along those lines) I was so effing flabbergasted, borderline offended that I didnt even bother to click on it. Those few words were enough.
    Plus Cheryl gets on my neeerrrves. I mean how long is this charade of her being a respected “singer” going to continue??……Let me just not even get into that because the topic itself needs a whole friggin blog

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 15:15 #

LOL…she can’t sing. I will co-sign on that, but her tunes are damn catchy

22. antoneLLina April 7, 2010 at 15:13 #

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i can’t belive in it…

23. Christina April 7, 2010 at 15:19 #

I think I see why Zoe and Diane weren’t in the Top 10. Most of the women in the Top 10 are British, meaning that the Americans wouldn’t has well-known as those who are British, in the UK.

24. pipsqueak April 7, 2010 at 15:34 #

Every magazine is localized for a certain market when it goes overseas, so I don’t know about the UK Glamour magazine. However, judging by the list, I think it’s fitting for Glamour. Seems its readerships in the UK and the US are similar. Glamour is no Vogue.

25. mochababe73 April 7, 2010 at 15:40 #

I have a subscription to Glamour, but I wouldn’t dare use it as a fashion guide. It’s fun and fluffy, but I don’t take the fashion side of it too seriously.
    Most of the top 10 I don’t agree with it-Cheryl, Blake, Leighton, Alexa, Kate, I had to Google Danii Minogue because I didn’t know who she was. Wasn’t really impressed with her either.

26. Mea April 7, 2010 at 17:22 #

I like Cheryl Cole’s style, so I can understand a first place (also if I would have preferred someone more “natural” and not a bit fake, like Zoe Saldana). But what I can’t really understand are Rihanna to the second place and Leighton to the fourth! And how could Alexa Chung go only to the fifth? I avoid to talk about Diane’s or Zoe’s place… It seems that people prefer show to elegance. So, why not Lady Gaga in the top ten?

27. Empress April 7, 2010 at 17:26 #

wow are they serious? Alexa Chung is after Leighton Meester and Emma Watson makes the list at all. This is all very strange to me and would like to know who exactly was their demographic for this poll.