“Paper Man” New York Screening – Emma Stone In Stella McCartney

“Superbad” actress Emma Stone attended the Cinema Society screening of “Paper Man” in New York City yesterday.

She opted for a Stella McCartney pleated nude dress from the Resort 2010 collection.

I do love with this feminine nude silk-satin sleeveless dress which has soft pleats and delicate mesh panel, but I much prefer this dress and the accessories on model Anouck Lepère.

I think the dress works better with her brunette locks.

Emma feels slightly washed out plus the skirt of her dress is really creased which further puts me off this look.

Me thinks Emma needs some tips from Julianne Moore on which colours work best for red heads on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Emma Stone's Closet - Stella McCartney Pleated Silk-Satin Dress

In Emma Stone’s Closet – Stella McCartney Pleated Silk-Satin Dress

"Lend Me A Tenor" Broadway Opening Night - Mary-Kate Olsen & Ashley Olsen

“Lend Me A Tenor” Broadway Opening Night – Mary-Kate Olsen & Ashley Olsen

11 Responses to “Paper Man” New York Screening – Emma Stone In Stella McCartney

1. pipsqueak April 6, 2010 at 17:56 #

Meh … prom dress. I came to know her name when I saw her in a Matthew Williamson dress (Fall 2009 collection) in Teen Vogue, but then my eyes were merely fixated on the gorgeous dress and its whimsical print. Didn’t know she was in Superbad until this post. Now I think she looks a bit like the twin sisters (Kathryn and Megan Prescott) on Skins. I wish more people knew about Skins – great show, great soundtrack and a great young cast.

• DADA April 6, 2010 at 18:49 #

I agree great cast, great soundtrack but the first season was definitely the best…
      As for Emma Stone dress I think she does not do any justice to the dress as it lokks way much better on Anouck Lepere + she is standing a little bit awkward for my liking.

2. Berta April 6, 2010 at 19:50 #

Amazing dress!

3. Sandra April 6, 2010 at 19:56 #

I like the look of Emma Stone. The dress is gorgeous. But Emma should definetely work on her posture. The woman in the adv looks much more elegant.

4. evanthe April 6, 2010 at 20:26 #

i actually think the color of the dress is not that bad. on the model, the color looks less shiny and more dark ivory-ish while on emma stone, the dress has very slight hint of copper and i think that makes her red hair more *pop*.

the creases and the pose (but more so on crease because that’s just killing my inner child) really puts me off though. otherwise, great dress on a pretty girl.

5. Yasmine April 6, 2010 at 23:40 #

the least exciting dress, and least exciting week. FC are u slowing down on us??? i need morrrreee posts to get my fix hehe loll

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2010 at 00:01 #

I’m reporting on all the events that are happening.

Everyone is on vacation.

6. mochababe73 April 7, 2010 at 04:12 #

First of all, she needs a steamer to get the wrinkles out of that dress.
    Now, her version doesn’t even look like the same dress. The one on the moel looks alot better.

7. emanuele April 7, 2010 at 11:36 #

For me, on Anouck it’s all about the accessories! Unexpected use of yellow… Love it!