Runway To Sidewalk – Alexa Chung In Isabel Marant

Whether I like it or not Alexa Chung is a style icon.

She has mastered that edgy, cool, ‘I didn’t try too hard to achieve this look’ which at times I appreciate, but other times I don’t get.

This would be one of those I don’t get it moments.

Alexa was spotted shopping at Silverlake in LA recently wearing a grey Isabel Marant Spring 2010 scoop neck dress with ribbon detailing on the front and sleeves plus pom pom tassel embellishments.

This dress was one of the season’s most coveted looks of this collection and sold out within minutes on Net-A-Porter.com, but she kills this off-duty style looks with that leopard print hat.

It may work for some of you, but it’s just not my cup of English tea.

Credit: Style.com & Splash

Who Wore Jenny Packham Better? Julianne Hough or Michelle Williams

Who Wore Jenny Packham Better? Julianne Hough or Michelle Williams

In Nicki Minaj's Closet - Versace Python Cut-Out Platform Boots

In Nicki Minaj’s Closet – Versace Python Cut-Out Platform Boots

15 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Alexa Chung In Isabel Marant

1. Marvel April 2, 2010 at 12:11 #

I really dont like her. She dresses as if she mugged a homeless person and then decides to top it off with a fugly hat that Heidi Montag would be proud of.

Truly horrific

2. Duck April 2, 2010 at 12:44 #

Very little of what she wears is my cup of tea. Or cup of gin :-)

xx
    Duck

3. Anna April 2, 2010 at 13:48 #

It so loses something in being grey, and it needs the belt!! Looks like my nightie here! :)

4. Brit April 2, 2010 at 13:51 #

does anyone know any information on the sandals Alexa is wearing???

5. word April 2, 2010 at 14:02 #

this shouldn’t work but she just has the “it” factor.

6. Erini April 2, 2010 at 14:03 #

Most of the time I really do like her cool, edgy, quirky and weird style, but sometimes its just horrific like here, the hat and those sandals are awful.

7. pipsqueak April 2, 2010 at 16:01 #

The hat is a bit weird, but looking past that, I really like her look. Personally I’m a big fan of Alexa’s style – inventive mix & match, not too put together, seemingly effortless, and street sensibility. I probably wouldn’t want to see her in a Luella dress or Chanel clogs at the Oscar red carpet, but so far she’s been dressing appropriately for the occasions and her age.

8. wilwarin April 2, 2010 at 16:46 #

i really don’t understand the fuss about her, she’s nothing special… i love the dress in pink and isabela’s designes but on alexa and in that colour it kind of misses it’s soul… vivid and interesting dress is turned to just plain rug… such a shame.

9. Jen April 2, 2010 at 17:02 #

with a belt, like on the runway, it passes as a tunic dress, but with no belt like Alexa wore it, it looks like she needs pants.

10. mol April 2, 2010 at 20:36 #

I hate to be the only one who likes this look, but there you go, I guess there’s no accounting for taste! It’s a bit weird for me as normally, I don’t like Alexa so much, she is too extemely thin and I find it hard to ever appreciate what she’s wearing because of that, but in this photo, she just looks easy and happy and (horrors!) I like the hat and sandals too!

• Yaas April 3, 2010 at 00:07 #

Works for me too and I’m not a fan of her normally!

• whitestroke April 5, 2010 at 00:31 #

Me too. It’s cute and hip.

11. mochababe73 April 3, 2010 at 01:45 #

Not a fan of Alex Chung’s style. I don’t mind the fact that the dress has no belt. I still like the garment and even the color. It’s a perfect color to highlight some fabulous accessorites which, unfortunately she chose not to do.
    What I don’t like is the hat (even though I’m an animal print lover, the clunky shoes, and the boring black bag.

12. shree April 3, 2010 at 11:07 #

I do not get Alexa. Is it because I’m 40? There are times when I see photos of her, and just don’t think she looks good. OK, maybe she’s ‘edgy’, but she always looks so smug.

13. _danny (aka modman) April 3, 2010 at 18:36 #

finally! someone who agrees with alexa chung’s style (that its not so great..)!

I dont really get why people love her style so much, its very casual and she seems to have litterally thrown it on. I guess that’s very appealing to a lot of people.. why that is, I will never know.