01.04.10

Runway To The Philips Arena – Keri Hilson In Givenchy

R&B singer Keri Hilson was at the Philip Arena in Atlanta, Georgia last night to perform the national anthem before the game between the LA Lakers and the Atlanta Hawks.

Unfortunately for her she forgot the lyrics to “Star Spangled Banner” much to the annoyance of the crowd.

She took to her twitter to explain why she messed up so badly, but the damage has already been done.

She performed wearing a Givenchy Ottoman stitch striped jacket which she paired with black skinny jeans and black open-toe booties.

I wish she hadn’t done up the blazer.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Spring 2010 Trend - Clogs

Spring 2010 Trend – Clogs

In Keri Hilson's Closet - Givenchy Ottoman Stitch Stripe Jacket

In Keri Hilson’s Closet – Givenchy Ottoman Stitch Stripe Jacket

14 Responses to Runway To The Philips Arena – Keri Hilson In Givenchy

1. nicole April 1, 2010 at 22:18 #

she doesnt look like herslef wow! i like the look tho. unbuttoned would have been great

2. chrystelle April 1, 2010 at 22:19 #

there should be an added tag just for people who take a beautiful designed outfit and make it look like a rag.nothing upsets me more than that.you know those designers take time to craft their piece and then someone turns around and make it look unrecognizable. it really drive me nuts and the olsen twins are the worst offenders.sorry for the rant! aargh!

• Pen Pen April 2, 2010 at 07:26 #

completely agree …. p.s: what happened to Keri Hilson, does she just recently sign up to Eva Longoria’s “I am losing all of my sparks” club?

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2010 at 08:58 #

TOTALLY. I don’t know what happened to her. She was so good in the beginning.

• Case April 2, 2010 at 07:26 #

LOL I have to agree with this. FC is it possible to have a riches to rags section where we get to see how a celebrity cheapens a great look?

• whitestroke April 3, 2010 at 20:09 #

I don’t like singers like Ciara and Keri wearing so much Givenchy lately. Tbh, I don’t even get why would they go for it in the first place since I don’t think it has anything to do with their style. They’re ruining Givenchy for me.

3. Sophie April 1, 2010 at 23:12 #

Yyyeaahhh that’s kinda sad. I’m an Australian and I still know the lyrics to Star Spangled Banner. And the harmony part.

4. Alice Royds April 1, 2010 at 23:26 #

love her shoes!

5. mol April 1, 2010 at 23:44 #

I love the look as it appears on the model – my eye is happy moving around all the shapes, it’s truly inspired – as Keri is most sadly not!

6. mochababe73 April 2, 2010 at 00:55 #

I don’t like her outfit under that jacket. The jacket is very cool.
    It’s not cool that she didn’t know the words to the song. I remember learning this song in elementary school. This is what happens when music programs are eliminated in schools.

7. flutterbang April 2, 2010 at 04:00 #

Found her singing it on YouTube, and to be honest, in amongst all the R&B scaling crap she does you can barely tell, let alone recognise the words. It’s a shame her a capella is about as good as her dress sense :P

8. The Beauty Philosopher April 2, 2010 at 07:48 #

Yes agree re the blazer. That blazer is so stunning but it looks somehow diminished here.

9. whitestroke April 3, 2010 at 20:07 #

Can we please make it against law to button such blazers? It looks so lame.

10. mm April 4, 2010 at 14:46 #

She hasnt found herself yet, in this business. She is all over the place. Dont like the look at all Better on the model. Do love her hair. And there are no excuses for forgetting the words to the The Star Spangled Banner, most americans have been singing that first stanza since grade school.