“90210″ actress Shenae Grimes held a benefit for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital last night in LA.

The host looks gorgeous wearing a chic Helmut Lang lace-sleeve jersey mini-dress.

The asymmetrical dress which she paired with Christian Louboutin cork peep-toes, has one long lace sleeve, a lace insert at front and a ruched body.

Although her dress is sexy, it’s not too sexy for her event.

As much as I like the look, I’m not a fan of necklaces worn with an asymmetrical neckline like this.

[nggallery id=409]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Shenae Grimes' Closet - Helmut Lang Lace Sleeve Mini Dress

In Shenae Grimes’ Closet – Helmut Lang Lace Sleeve Mini Dress

"Clash of the Titans" LA Premiere - Alexa Davalos In Ralph Lauren

“Clash of the Titans” LA Premiere – Alexa Davalos In Ralph Lauren

7 Responses to A Benefit For St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital – Shenae Grimes In Helmut Lang

1. bec April 1, 2010 at 15:08 #

Shenae looks really good here. I had not been impressed with a lot of her choices lately.

2. The Beauty Philosopher April 1, 2010 at 16:25 #

I agree. I think a necklace can work with an asymmetrical neckline but the necklace has to be something really bold and strong like a metal choker or high, constructed neckpiece. This one looks lost on her.

3. Taylor April 1, 2010 at 19:07 #

This is the best she’s looked in a long time.

4. Sharon April 1, 2010 at 22:56 #

I’m not crazy about the shoes, but otherwise I think she’s stunning.

5. mochababe73 April 2, 2010 at 01:14 #

I agree about the necklace. It already has a pretty neckline and doesn’t need the clutter.
    She looks great, but I really don’t like her hair.

6. whitestroke April 3, 2010 at 19:52 #

The edginess of the dress was toned down with the skirt length, her hair and shoe choice. The necklace is all kinds of wrong. The best way to wear a necklace with asymmetrical neckline is a really big long necklace that goes OVER the dress, not under it. Or just don’t wear it at all. This dress is not meant for anything else going on around the neck.

7. shayna April 3, 2010 at 23:47 #

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! the dress is gorgeous and she looks sooo pretty.