“The Bounty Hunter” Madrid Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino

The Madrid Premiere for “The Bounty Hunter” was the last stop on Jennifer Aniston’s European promotional tour.

With that in mind we shouldn’t be surprised to see her revert back to black, stick with Valentino and sport that hairstyle we instantly recognise.

After seeing Jen in this black Valentino Pre-Fall 2010 mini dress with a sequin panel detail and flounce chiffon skirt, I instantly thought that this dress would’ve been suited to Kristen Stewart or Dakota Fanning.

I’ve tried…believe me I’ve tried to love Jen’s looks this promotional tour but excluding the Donna Karan dress, I seem to find one thing I don’t like about each of them or over compensating just because the dress is not black.

This dress just doesn’t say anything. It doesn’t define Jennifer Aniston in anyway. It tells me nothing about her nor her style.

When I see Tilda Swinton in Jil Sander or any other designer, I feel a sense of purpose and a thought process into why she picked the particular look. I get the same feeling from Audrey Tautou.

I would go as far as to say I preferred the Lacroix Couture dress to this, because with that dress I felt like she was trying.

At the photocall earlier in the day, I felt this ribbed white dress was more suited to Jen’s style (whatever that maybe).

Her dress was paired with grey Gucci grey suede open toe slingback pumps.

All in all I feel a bit deflated by these looks and wished she continued to up her game after her Donna Karan look.

*puts Team Aniston banners away for next promo tour*

[nggallery id=404]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Picture, Zuma & Getty

In Mary-Kate Olsen's Closet - Celine Boston Tote

In Mary-Kate Olsen’s Closet – Celine Boston Tote

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Blake Lively, Beyonce Knowles or Danielle Lineker

33 Responses to “The Bounty Hunter” Madrid Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino

1. pascha March 31, 2010 at 01:51 #

To me Jennifer’s style is extremely safe, mostly sans showy embellishment/pattern, and usually minimal. Sort of like Hilary Swank but without the sexy edge/daring.

I’ve not big a fan of anything the current designers at Valentino have done and this dress is no exception. Even on Dakota and Kristen this dress would look somewhat blah. The details don’t say anything, the fit doesn’t really compliment her great figure, and I’m not a fan of the big pillowcase frill at the bottom.

The white dress does a lot more for her than the black one does. She looks great in the white dress but part of me wishes her shoes were gold to add a bit more pop and compliment her hair and bracelet/watch.

2. linaf March 31, 2010 at 01:54 #

lol, I know the black dress from Madrid cost more than my house, but it looks CHEAP. awful, dress.

3. ben March 31, 2010 at 01:55 #

What is going on with her feet/legs in the photocall?

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 07:33 #

over tanned

4. maria March 31, 2010 at 02:09 #

You’re right, the black Valentino dress is a bit youthful for a 41-year old. Not that you should dress super conservative just cuz you’r middle aged, but something in between would be nice.
    She does look beautiful though. LOVE her smile.

5. Hannah March 31, 2010 at 02:36 #

is she wearing tights or did she burn her legs in the frying pan with the bacon??

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 07:33 #

I thought she was wearing tights too, but it’s just her tan

• federica March 31, 2010 at 08:47 #

I tought she was wearing tights!!

6. Regina March 31, 2010 at 02:43 #

I dont get it.Really.Why she is so boring and plain.She famous,pretty woman with money and great body.She can pull off and afford so many fantastic dresses.Every designer will be happy to work with her.Even Angelina with her potato sack dresses have more personality than she in her Valentino and same hairstyle event by event.Its a shame because she can look like a goddess,she have everything for that except fashion sense
    Catherine i wish someday you become a stylist for A listers and i hope you ll change this woman and ms Biel of course

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 07:36 #

I would like to be her fashion adviser and introduce her to new labels. I really would’ve loved to have seen her in Oscar de la Renta if she was going the slightly conservative route, or Marchesa/ Elie Saab for a red carpet show stopper

• whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 21:41 #

I said almost the exact same thing in the previous post about Jennifer. She’s a star and a beautiful woman, yet fashion doesn’t seem to work on her at all. My only conclusion is that she’s plain due to a lack of personality. I’m not saying she doesn’t HAVE a personality at all, but definitely not the kind of personality you need for this kind of thing. I also think she doesn’t do transformation good in general, even in her movies she’s always the same. That should be a crime for an actress. That’s why so many actresses rock red carpet, too. Transformation is in their blood. But Jennifer doesn’t have that side to her.

7. _danny (aka modman) March 31, 2010 at 03:13 #

Its a shame she hasnt found her ‘style’.. shes been on so many red carpets that you would think she would know what works for her!

8. e March 31, 2010 at 03:47 #

really interesting comments. to me JA just wants to be anonymous. she reminds me of the actresses who were around that gave launch to the 90s supermodels – they didn’t really care about fashion, so linda, christy etc stepped in to fill ourglamour needs. i woudl guess that she’s someone not really interested in fashion but sees it a necessary part of her job, so she lets someone else make sartorial decisions that have nothign to do with her being. havign said that, i think the white dress suits her, it’s clean, minimal and fairly anonymous. however the grey shoes are wrong with her skintone – in the close up, they do not flatter her skin at all.

9. Jane March 31, 2010 at 04:02 #

I рas got tired of her Valentino

10. Sarah March 31, 2010 at 05:12 #

I feel like you have been a bit rough on her. I was going through a gallery of her past looks on another site and what stood out for me is that she changes her hair more than you make it out to be the case (your comments make her sound like Amanda Bynes). Not much of this tour blew me away, but I liked most of it, which is pretty standard for the majority of the stars featured here.

Not trying to be too critical here, just thought you might consider that your expectations for Jen are considerably higher than most of the ladies you feature. You seem to be expecting to hate it and try to warm up to it.

Love the blog and all your hard work, just thought I’d throw in my two cents.

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 07:31 #

My expectations are not higher for Jen. I was waiting for a second Donna Karan wow moment and it never came.

I don’t think I’m wrong for wanting that.

She is such a beautiful woman and I would like to see her shine

11. Hanski March 31, 2010 at 06:18 #

I completely disagree! With all the sequins this black Valentino dress is youthful (just like Jen) and most importantly fun! I think it’s a bold dress for Jen to wear even if it’s black. I love the look.

12. Rebecca March 31, 2010 at 06:39 #

someone needs to call her stylist.. i’ll do it!.. give her some Marchesa! PLEASE.

13. shuz4ever March 31, 2010 at 07:13 #

whoosh…after the DK look its been a sharp downhill slide…she disappoints yet again. oh well at least her heels are nice.

14. Julie March 31, 2010 at 09:20 #

Dissapoint??why??you get dissapointed when you expect something and Jen has always being plain and boring. Her style got stuck in the 90′ and never moved from there. FC why don’t you organize a contest?let’s choose all together alternative designers and possible new outfits for Jennifer and send her your link with the results ;-) I bet we can end up with great and interesting things!

15. kiwi March 31, 2010 at 09:31 #

The balck dress looks tacky with that frill at the bottom. Can’t understand how she can go soooo wrong.

16. electra March 31, 2010 at 09:41 #

I’m sure her stylist must be aware of how the red carpet will look like so her outfit could fit in. She should have worn the bright outfit to the premiere where the background and the carpet were dark to make a contrast. The same goes for the photocall, a dark outfit with a bright background.

Also, i have to notice how those huge posters during the whole promo tour looked so cheap, so no wonder her Couture dresses just didn’t blend in.

17. Marvel March 31, 2010 at 12:09 #

I love Jen but I do agree with you regarding her personal style. i felt that her Donna Karren, Valentino at the Oscars last year and her Burberry at the Marley and Me london premiere were the best she ever looked. I think she is more comfortable in neutral colours and I dont think that the rock chick look she was going for here, doesnt work on her (Kirsten would have been all over this).

I would love to see her in Calvin Klein/ Ralph Lauren as I think these designers could work well with her.

18. shree March 31, 2010 at 12:39 #

Jennifer Aniston needs Jessica Alba’s new stylist. She needs a total revamp. Yes, she’s gorgeous, but sooooo boring.

19. Terry March 31, 2010 at 13:33 #

The black sandals she wore at the premiere are Givenchy ribbon wrapped sandals (the only thing I actually like of the outfit, btw).

20. Cheryl March 31, 2010 at 14:45 #

I don’t know. I mean, I’ve always pictured Jennifer to be the kind who wears very minimalist clothing where instead of being dramatic, she plays it safe. That’s all fine and dandy but once in a while, she should change her style. I totally agree with you on the hair. I miss the days of friends where she had a new hair style every few weeks. I would like to see her in something more bright and colourful but still age-appropriate. Same goes for that other non-former half of Brad Pitt’s, Angelina Jolie.

21. Raquel March 31, 2010 at 15:10 #

The dress is boing. Period.

But the hair… Wear a ponytail woman!

22. whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 22:16 #

I prefer the 1st look if only for the fact she for ONCE wore an interesting shoe. WOW. I’m really liking what those new designers are doing at Valentino, never was a fan of Valentino before, but when she puts it on, she ruins the magic of those pieces. As opposed to other actresses that were wearing them. I do not think Jennifer is too ‘old’ for that kind of dress. We know lots of other 40-year-olds who would rock a dress like that. Besides, I’m a firm believer that a woman can wear interesting fashion at ANY age. It’s just not a dress for her. As always, it wears her.

I feel kinda bad for Jennifer. Ever since your blog has become so influential, it’s like celebs have to make an extra effort. ;) I’ve been feeling lately from her red carpet photos like she’s aware of the Internet scrutinizing at this day and age, and possibly even heard the criticism, and there’s something about her like she’s thinking “Did I do it right THIS time? :-S” I still didn’t get that feeling from KStew, though. I think we need to criticize her more till she hears about it. lol

23. mochababe73 March 31, 2010 at 23:04 #

Even though the dress is black, it has different textures that make it more interesting. She looks amazing.

24. Vidhya April 1, 2010 at 10:19 #

Tho i hate the black dress mourning Jen has been doing.. it seems like a challenge to find new designs and pieces, neither she nor anyone else has worn before.. still in BLACK.. tho i wish she knock my socks off in a stunning tangerine or electric blue dress.. i still am curious .. wat more can she find in black or white.. :D

25. Vidhya April 1, 2010 at 10:23 #

My biggest wish for Jen this year wud be.. nt a bf.. nt a baby.. an UPDO.. for once..
    nw that changing hair colour is popular after divorce.. shudnt she have becom a redhead by nw :’(

26. Elena April 3, 2010 at 23:03 #

Hi! Isn’t Jennifer’s white dress made by Azzedine Alaia?

27. marlene_vidasdecine April 7, 2010 at 11:50 #

Hi,
    Do you know whose dress is the white one that Jennifer Aniston wore in Madrid?
    Thank you!