Last night British actress Naomie Harris attended the “Marie Claire’s Inspire & Mentor Campaign Party” held at the Ivy Club in London.

The event was held to celebrate the leading female figures from the worlds of fashion, beauty, business, politics and science.

Naomie became one of the latest celebrities to fall in love with Victoria Beckham’s dress collection.

She wore one of VB’s signature LBDs with a peplum at the waist from the Spring 2010 collection

Her accessories were also black as she added a black clutch and black YSL ankle boots to her look.

I would’ve loved some colourful accessories with this look.

Credit: Style.com & Rex

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Blake Lively, Beyonce Knowles or Danielle Lineker

Net-A-Porter.com Introduce Carven

Net-A-Porter.com Introduce Carven

18 Responses to Marie Claire’s Inspire & Mentor Campaign Party – Naomie Harris In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. alannah March 31, 2010 at 12:02 #

the colour the model is wearing would have looked great against her skin, such a pity that everyone keeps opting for black – i know i do myself fairly often but every now & then its lovely to splash out on a bit of colour!

2. Catriona March 31, 2010 at 12:09 #

Has anyone worn the cream version yet? I don’t know about you but I’m getting a bit sick of the black one!

I can’t wait for someone to wear the bright blue dress from the Fall 2010 collection, it’s stunning.

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 12:39 #

No I don’t think so. I hope someone does soon, because like you I’m so over the black one. Sleeved and sleeveless.

3. dressaddict March 31, 2010 at 12:22 #

Isn’t that a purple clutch she’s carrying?

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 12:40 #

are you kidding?

• dressaddict March 31, 2010 at 12:58 #

Well, on my PC it looks sooooo purple, don’t know why. I will check it out on my laptop, to see it.

• Catriona March 31, 2010 at 13:14 #

I can see what you mean – if you look at her waist, you see a flash of purple too so I think there’s a purple light or background over to the left that;s reflecting off the clutch.

• The One March 31, 2010 at 16:57 #

Yes the piping on the clutch has is a deep purple colour.

• dressaddict March 31, 2010 at 17:08 #

Thanks, guys! That’s the explanation. Because I thought I might have an eye problem, as it looks the same on my laptop :)

4. The Beauty Philosopher March 31, 2010 at 12:24 #

I actually disagree. I think that in recent seasons there has been so much emphasis on being bold and bright and statement everything so to see black on black on black is kind of refreshing I think. It is brave in an interesting, conservative way – she has held back which is nice.

• whitestroke April 2, 2010 at 19:54 #

I think that in recent seasons there has been so much emphasis on being bold and bright and statement everything…

On the runway, yes. Not necessarily on the red carpet. Most of those bold and bright outfits get toned down. Case in point.

• The Beauty Philosopher April 3, 2010 at 11:17 #

True. I like it on her though. I read an article on dressing for work in a recent British Vogue and one of the interviewees said she sometimes felt so much pressure to dress on trend and ‘cool’ (she worked in the cultural sector) that she found all black to be surprisingly liberating.

5. Terry March 31, 2010 at 12:34 #

And maybe a different hairstyle, too!

6. shubby doo March 31, 2010 at 12:47 #

she is the first person i’ve seen wear this that has left me completely indifferent to it…

blake lively tore it up, then queen VB herself (need i say more), i loved it more when jennifer hudson wore it and i was head over heels with it when lastly america wore it (looking no way like an ugly betty)…

naomi makes this dress look like its basic highstreet stuff…i’m going to go grab a cup of tea and try very hard to forget i saw this

7. Sharon March 31, 2010 at 22:22 #

I would have liked Naomi’s look more had I not seen the cream/pink version on the runway. Knowing that such a lovely spring color was available, I’m now disappointed in the black.

8. mochababe73 March 31, 2010 at 23:00 #

I have no clue who this is, but I think that she should have worn the same color as the model did. The dress fits her perfectly.
    I have said this many times that Victoria B. has a wonderful design team. The dresses are clean, modern, and even curvy women can wear them.

9. electra March 31, 2010 at 23:09 #

Naomie has worn VB before, she was among the first celebs to wear VB’s 2nd collection. She wore that pink short dress with high neck.