31.03.10

Jennifer Aniston For Harper’s Bazaar UK May 2010

The golden girl of Hollywood rom-com Jennifer Aniston appears on the May 2010 cover of Harper’s Bazaar UK.

Jennifer talks botox, girl-power and her self-confessed re-birth. She also reveals a more mysterious side to the girl we think we all know.

I love the editorial which was shot by Alexi Lubomirski.

It features a glowing Jennifer soaking up the rays wearing Missoni dress on the cover and a Fendi lingerie inspired ensemble in her editorial.

For some reason Morocco springs to mind when I look at these beautiful pictures. It’s the combination of the eye squinting hazy sun shine and those printed rugs.

Below are some extracts from her interview.

The full feature appears in the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar, which is on sale Thursday, April 1.

On her love of British comedy: “I so love the British sense of humour – I was obsessed with Benny Hill and Monty Python as a child. Oh my god, and I am so hooked on Ricky Gervais.”

On her fans being upset by her racy roles: “With Derailed [a dark action thriller opposite Clive Owen], I loved being racy. Love it…But people couldn’t cope with me being involved in rape and murder.”

On her rebirth: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me. Now it’s time for my rebirth. I love trying new things. I can’t just be put in a box.”

On the power of women: “I grew up admiring strong women like journalist Barbara Walters and super-agent Sue Mengers, who represented Ali McGraw. But now look where we’ve got to as women. We’ve had a woman run for President. There is nothing like our power.”

On botox: “I could do it, and I mean these lines are getting deeper every day, but when I tell you what’s happened to me – these lines are just about living. Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don’t starve myself in an extremist way. You’re not taking away my coffee or my dairy or my glass of wine because I’d be devastated. My advice: just stop eating shit every day.”

On her fellow Hollywood leading ladies: “I love what Drew Barrymore is doing with directing. It’s so much about a rebirth for her, and I love it when people are living in the now, like her. I hate it when people look back and regret what they haven’t got. That’s how I feel about my own life now. And my God, let’s talk about how much I love Demi Moore as well. What kind of Kool-Aid is she drinking?”

On the launch of her new fragrance, Lolavie: “I’d been asked to put my name to many [fragrances], but I wanted to be involved in the process, from the initial idea of the scent to the ad campaign with Mario Sorrenti.”

Credit: Photographer Alexi Lubomirski. Pictures courtesy of Harper’s Bazaar

"The Darker Side Of Green Climate Change Debate" - Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan

“The Darker Side Of Green Climate Change Debate” – Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan

New On Net-A-Porter Today - Blake Lively's Marchesa Dress

New On Net-A-Porter Today – Blake Lively’s Marchesa Dress

32 Responses to Jennifer Aniston For Harper’s Bazaar UK May 2010

1. ude March 31, 2010 at 16:50 #

she does look good but her hair is KILLING ME

2. Wonderwool March 31, 2010 at 16:56 #

I am not sure why but I don’t like this. Or her. At all.

• Beatriz Duarte April 1, 2010 at 00:28 #

Same here.

3. Elise March 31, 2010 at 17:03 #

The last picture is wonderful, her eyes are so prettty !

4. chrystelle March 31, 2010 at 17:34 #

she bores me to tears.same facial expression.what a waste of cover.why not have cate blanchett or tilda swinda on the cover when they want a celeb.i will welcome the day when jessica biel, jen aniston, simpsons and the likes would not be plastered on every fashion mag.and for the sake of god stop letting your divorce defines you.it has been more than 5 years.

• Sonja March 31, 2010 at 19:41 #

Everything you said= spot on. I just don’t see her as some powerful stylish woman to look up to.
      Looking 20 years exactly the same is not an achievement.

5. Cassandra March 31, 2010 at 17:47 #

I LOVE JENNIFER ANISTON. SHE’S SO PRETTY!

6. cashawna March 31, 2010 at 18:22 #

i hate her hair wish she could do something she just always look the same to me

7. Ev March 31, 2010 at 18:58 #

I love the first and the last pictures. She looks so beautiful. But they should’ve done something different with her hair.

8. Regina March 31, 2010 at 19:40 #

Why she lying about botox?Her face dont moving in Bounty Hunter(very bad movie btw)

9. Jennifer A. March 31, 2010 at 19:49 #

I mean this part of her interview is hilarious: “I love trying new things. I can’t just be put in a box.” HAHAHAHAHA!

She looks pretty, but it’s the same-old, same-old with Jen.

10. cat_not_kitty March 31, 2010 at 20:16 #

I love me some Jen but I wish these hollywood women would just STOP saying they’re not getting botox/assorted fillers/plastic surgery when they clearly are. One only needs to look at Courtney or Jen 5 years ago vs. now to see that they’re both – at the very least – using fillers for their smile lines. And that’s okay. They’re using the means available to them to maintain youthful features. I just don’t understand why they all have to deny that they’re doing it, when it’s so obvious that they are. I mean, Demi actually said in a magazine interview last year that she hasn’t had ANY plastic surgery. Can you imagine having the nerve to say that? She’s beautiful and – her facial surgery, at least – was incredibly tastefully done. But saying that she’s had NO surgery – when anyone who’s seen Striptease can clearly see otherwise – is just insulting our intelligence.

Sorry for the rant. Back to fashion!

11. LeeAnn March 31, 2010 at 20:37 #

yawn!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…….

12. evanthe March 31, 2010 at 20:47 #

She’s is a very pretty girl. I’d never argue that. But even in photo spread, she keeps the same hair, same attitude, same EVERYTHING.

I’m sorry, “I love trying new things.” ??? Please. I think I see someone’s pants on some hot blazing fire right now. She’e like the epitome of not-trying-new-things.

Her Euro tour was getting good but unfortunately that streak didn’t last too long.

13. Jyocka March 31, 2010 at 20:48 #

its wrongly tagged

14. rita March 31, 2010 at 22:09 #

I know I’ll burnt by saying this on a jen aniston article but I miss seeing Angelina Jolie on covers even on red carpet, she has this very old fashion, glamour style. Besides, she actually does something with her hair from time to time unlike this woman!

• anon March 31, 2010 at 23:42 #

HUGE, HUGE second. Where’s she gone? ]:

• Elaine April 1, 2010 at 10:56 #

I don’t see what’s attractive with her wearing a huge bag on her all the time.

15. sydneycheapchic March 31, 2010 at 22:46 #

Just in her defense.. “Trying new things” can be about anything… not everything is about fashion which is what I’m sure most people are talking about here.. ie. hair and black.. This blog is about fashion, but not necessarily the context of her comment.

• Jennifer A. April 1, 2010 at 20:43 #

But honestly, where has she tried new things? In her films? No. I won’t get into her relationship choices because that’s her business and I do think she’s handled Brangelina well. But from the public’s perspective, she hasn’t tried anything new in about 10 years.

16. _danny (aka modman) March 31, 2010 at 23:19 #

Some of those responses were insightful.. and I feel for her. Maybe I’m searching for my rebirth?

17. Jen April 1, 2010 at 01:40 #

I don’t think she understands the Kool-aid reference she made.

18. mm April 1, 2010 at 02:01 #

They didnt even try to style her in some fabulous designs. So it just Okay to me.

19. Raquel April 1, 2010 at 02:32 #

The pics are okay and so is Jenn, the eternal California gal. I’m okay with this. It is just… not remarkable.

20. Dana April 1, 2010 at 05:38 #

I bet all you haters are supermodels, right?? It’s amusing how it is entertainment for people to bash sexy, healthy & successful woman while sitting with their boring selves in front of a computer. I think Jen gorgeous, stunning, timeless, and lovely! I’m headed out tomorrow to pick up a copy of this mag just to support the beaufiul cause! And anyone who says she should get over her divorce, should walk a mile in her shoes!!! I think she’s a rock for woman to look up to because she has successfully found happiness again after extreme public humiliation and heartbreak of losing her husband to a too thin flake. Eat that for breakfast and see how you feel!!

• Jeanette Johnson April 1, 2010 at 16:48 #

Dana, I agree totally with what you say. Couldn’t have said it better myself. I personally think she has been very gracious during this whole Brangelina Fiasco and has gotten beyond Brad. Good for her, I think she is beautiful and looks very real. As for her hair, I love her hair and wish I could have hair like that. So, all you naysayers, don’t look or read her articles if it’s a problem with you.

• Shivangi July 27, 2010 at 13:33 #

You are so right, she is stunning and she has got ravishing hair,people are there to talk if they don’t who will !! And everyone’s got a diff choice so people who don’t like her or her attributes can say whteva they want as they are not in her position.. For all moaners up here ,a piece of advice : try being and living like a celebrity to be able to speak what’s good or bad and right or wrong..

21. shuz4ever April 1, 2010 at 09:04 #

Jen looks much better in photospreads vs the redcarpet…maybe its the lighting/ makeup/ photographer. As for her not having tried botox… PUHLEEZ she’s so faux…like her new nose…oops corrected deviated septum;-)
    I’m curious about her new fragrance…has anyone tested Lolavie?

• Jeanette Johnson April 1, 2010 at 16:51 #

Well, when her Lolavie is tested, you can bet people will be a negative about it as they are about Jen. Jealousy is such a green/blue/brown eyed monster.

22. ReAaA April 1, 2010 at 15:32 #

“these lines are getting deeper every day,”
    right. And these lines are WHERE exactly? beacuse not ONE is visible on her face! *photoshop to the rescue!*
    :) but she does look G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!

23. whitestroke April 2, 2010 at 20:35 #

Lots of contradictions in this interview. And mixed feelings from my side. The golden girl of Hollywood rom-com is not the most flattering title for anyone. Totally fits her, though. Any actress who gets that title, and there’s a lot of them, should think real hard about their careers. She loves trying new things? Oh really? She didn’t really in 10 years. And then she says people can’t cope seeing her in racy roles. That’s HER fault, though. Actors should be masters of transformation, the kind of people you watch on the screen and completely forget who they really are while you’re watching THAT movie. She’s not someone you can detach from her characters because the audience is too used to her being the same, doing the same thing. People’s reaction is just a result of what she was giving us.

On the other hand, when she says she doesn’t do Botox I actually believe her. Such photoshopped editorial pictures shouldn’t be considered. But when you look at her red carpet closeups, you can see her lines are there, just not AS deep since as a celebrity she can afford her skin the best care, or just has good genes. While I agree with people it’s lame when celebs don’t admit they had work done, I also think that because of the expansion of cosmetic surgery and similar stuff people got a very twisted image of those things. Not every girl with big boobs had boob job; not every woman over 40 who looks good had surgery/Botox. There ARE women who look good for their age, and those that don’t.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2010 at 21:10 #

I don’t think she’s had botox either