30.03.10 On Set With...

On The “Ugly Betty” Set With America Ferrera In Victoria Beckham Collection

Ugly Betty is in its last season, but judging by this picture of America Ferrera as Betty Suarez…Betty gets a sexy make-over.

This picture is from an episode titled “Million Dollar Smile” which aired in the US last week.

Betty wore a very familiar VB LBD which we’ve seen on Jennifer Hudson, Blake Lively and VB herself.

Victoria has said that her dresses are every type of woman. America and Jennifer Hudson prove that VB’s dresses aren’t just for the size 0 brigade.

I love this dress on America, especially as she’s the only one to add a belt to the look.

Patrica Fields is the stylist on “Ugly Betty”.

Do you think we will get to see Carrie, Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte wearing Victoria Beckham’s dresses in “Sex And The City 2″?

Credit: Style.com, ABC & Liliflowa

Celebrities Love...Dolce & Gabbana's Miss Sicily Satchel

Celebrities Love…Dolce & Gabbana’s Miss Sicily Satchel

In Mary-Kate Olsen's Closet - Celine Boston Tote

In Mary-Kate Olsen’s Closet – Celine Boston Tote

20 Responses to On The “Ugly Betty” Set With America Ferrera In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. annasaurus March 30, 2010 at 15:40 #

She looks fantastic. I would never think that Victoria Beckham’s dresses would suit every type of woman but I’m convinced now.

2. Naomi March 30, 2010 at 16:10 #

Wow, she looks absolutely amazing!

3. Mario March 30, 2010 at 16:11 #

Ha! Told you you’d love it :D

• Fashion Critic March 30, 2010 at 16:18 #

You guys know me so well ;)

4. Raquel March 30, 2010 at 16:17 #

Stunning! I love America because she is not a size 0, but she isn’t a big girl either as some people would call her, just normal, a bit on the “chubby” size, though I would say that her bone structure is just larger than Blake and others.

As far a SATC goes… depends on who is wearing it. The only two I can see in this Victoria’s designs are Carrie (duh) or Samantha. Mainly Samantha, honestly. This dress America’s wearing is very much Samantha’s style – the shape, the cut, the vague homage to the 80′s… the only thing missing is the outrageous jewelry.

• Fashion Critic March 30, 2010 at 16:25 #

I think you’re right. VB dresses are more suited to Samantha

5. Marvel March 30, 2010 at 16:40 #

I think the new collection by VB screams Miranda. The pencil dresses are very much her signature.

6. Anissa March 30, 2010 at 16:40 #

It wasn’t a makeover but a dream sequence. In “It’s a Wonderful Life” style, she was shown how her life would have been different if she had never had braces. In that reality she was a beautiful but conniving cut-throat woman.

She looked incredible and I instantly thought of this blog when I saw the VB dress on her ;)

7. Terry March 30, 2010 at 17:09 #

Woah, love this dress on America. She’s lovely!

8. Natasa March 30, 2010 at 18:01 #

I am very interesting saw this episode, honestly I am not expect that Victoria Beckham collection will be such popular, I am glad for Victoria she is very much worked and deserve this. I read that she want create own collection shoes and bag and I think it will soon.

9. pipsqueak March 30, 2010 at 18:55 #

First of all, America looks fabulous! Secondly, I feel ambivalent about the celebrity-turned-designer trend, even though I know it’s irrevocable. Victoria B. is a somewhat different case in that her collection is high-end and she seems more involved in all aspects of her business than those ditzy reality TV stars posing as “designers.” But my support ultimately goes to the real designers with the skills and craftsmanship but not the access.

10. Sharon March 30, 2010 at 23:25 #

I sure wish this dress had been available when I was younger. Although it looks slightly different on everyone, it also looks good on everyone. Even though I’ve seen America dressed well before, I’ve never seen her look better than she does in this VB fashion.

11. norma March 30, 2010 at 23:51 #

Raqual: If those two people are the only ones you can see in that design then you must be blind. Honey where were you doing the grammy’s, because Jennifer Hudson wore the hell out of this dress and she was as stunning as ever.

12. Lilflowa March 31, 2010 at 00:18 #

America looks fabulous! I love the additon of the belt also it adds a nice kick to it!

Thanks for the mention FC :)

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2010 at 01:30 #

13. pascha March 31, 2010 at 01:35 #

She looks stunning!

As for SATC, I could picture this on Carrie or Samantha. Carrie if it was black and Samantha if it was white/cream and accessorised with an elegant wide brimmed hat and some gold bling.

Even if it was pink and accessorised with a wide brimmed hat Charlotte could pull it off…

• shubby doo March 31, 2010 at 13:06 #

co-sign

14. Birungi (Bee-Loon-G) March 31, 2010 at 15:00 #

Being the fashion guru that I am, I was skeptical when Victoria Beckham brought out her first line. I am not Victoria Beckham’s size by any means. So I thought what can of fits will she bring to the table with her line. Let me tell you, money or not, I always go into places like Bergdorf Goodman to try on the latest..Marc Jacobs. Jil Sander, Alexander McQueen, RM by Roland Mouret (One of my favorites for last fall) and for the first time Victoria Beckham. Last fall I tried on the dressby VB that Mary J. Bildge was photgraphed in at the Toronto Film Festival last year. I was so impressed with the fit! I love her Spring and Fall 2010 collections. My favorite for this year…Look 13 of 20 of the Spring 2010 collection at style.com and of Fall 2010…to many to choose. I would have to say Looks 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14,15, 19 20, 21,25 and 26 at style.com! I Love Vicky B!! My skeptimism elevated into love when I tried on her first dress!! First time I really felt like a successful business woman. You can dominate the boardroom and the dancefloor in her dresses!!

15. robbie March 31, 2010 at 15:49 #

how typical they would make betty sexier near the end of the show. but damn she does look good in that dress though.

16. mochababe73 March 31, 2010 at 23:09 #

I am not a fan of Sex and the City even though I liked the movie.
    America looks stunning in this picture.