O.
M .
Gaw.

Jennifer Aniston walked the red carpet tonight at the Paris premiere of her new movie “The Bounty Hunter” (‘Le chasseur de Primes’).

The actress who’s notorious for wearing black was clearly out to give me a heart-attack tonight because:

1. She’s not wearing black
2. She’s not wearing Valentino and most importantly.
3. She gave us a NEW hairstyle.

Now I shouldn’t be flipping out over these 3 things, but for Jennifer Aniston these 3 things are monumental.

Yes it’s only a ponytail, but for the woman who’s been sporting the same hairstyle for nearly 10 years, a ponytail is BIG news.

With these great big steps I would love to say I love the dress, but I don’t.

I don’t think it’s particularly flattering on Jen.

I much preferred her nude Donna Karan effort to this Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Couture pink strapless gown.

It kinda looks like an expensive bath towel, also silver heels would have been preferred to her black strappy Manolo Blahnik heels.

Damn it. I really didn’t want to rain on this parade, but that’s my truth.

The effort is hugely appreciated though.

Thanks for all your OMG messages :) Seems like you’re just as stunned as I am.

[nggallery id=399]

Credit: Style.com, INFDaily, Zuma & Getty

2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards - Rihanna In Christian Dior

2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – Rihanna In Christian Dior

Who Wore Adam Better? Camille Guaty or Keke Palmer

Who Wore Adam Better? Camille Guaty or Keke Palmer

49 Responses to “The Bounty Hunter” Paris Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Christian Lacroix Couture

1. Mea March 28, 2010 at 21:20 #

Hahah, I feel exactly the same! It’s a shame, but it seems that she’s going to the beach.

2. LeeAnn March 28, 2010 at 21:29 #

wow.the only thing that could make this worse is if she wore the hair thingy on the model.

3. MissChatty March 28, 2010 at 21:42 #

I think the dress from the front is soo pretty and she looks lovely in it. However from the sdie, she looks like she is 5 months pregnant.

4. lee March 28, 2010 at 21:42 #

and the black shoes? oh.. no. no no. but A+ for effort.

5. chrystelle March 28, 2010 at 21:43 #

she should have stuck to her usual color and silhouette.she is not made for Couture.she just lacks that gumption that some movie stars have.she is too plain.
    she looks like she wraps a fabric around her because someone unexpectantly knocks on her door and she was naked and just grabs whatever was near her.

6. Ev March 28, 2010 at 21:46 #

Love the color, love the shoes, THANK GOD for her new hairstyle, but this dress is just a shimmering bath towel and doesn’t flatter Jennifer at all. :(

7. Marvel March 28, 2010 at 21:47 #

OMG!!!!!

*Hyperventilating*

I AM GOBSMACKED!!!!

The first thing I see on RCFA and I’ve actually screamed out aloud (something I never do)

She BLOWS me away!!

Agree about it not be flattering but we have COLOUR!!!

I feel like we need to have a party!

8. Elise March 28, 2010 at 21:48 #

From the front the dress looks good, but from the side it is not flattering.
    She looks pretty in that color !

9. Ana March 28, 2010 at 21:54 #

You are right, is weird and certanly not at all flatering; i wish i could say the oposite, because i love Jen and it’s good she tried to do something diferent; but this is not the way to go

10. Karen March 28, 2010 at 21:55 #

Some people can not wear couture. This is a great example, it looks like a blanket she wrapped around her on her way home from the beach

11. linaf March 28, 2010 at 21:56 #

lol, when I scrowed down, first I saw the right picture and I honestly thought it was a towel.

nice effort tho.

12. hepmoda March 28, 2010 at 22:03 #

I think Jen ise reading your blog and listening your advices:)

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2010 at 22:06 #

lol…if she or her stylist is, they are not quite getting it right.

13. Danielle March 28, 2010 at 22:12 #

I had to pick up my chin off the floor! I was so sure Dita would eventually wear this dress… Jennifer Aniston wearing something that I had imagined on Dita… fashion never fails so amazes me.

14. Danielle March 28, 2010 at 22:12 #

Maybe she logged on to your website after seeing you in Vogue ;)
    I just can’t believe she’s not wearing black TWICE in a row!

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2010 at 22:18 #

lol…now that would be funny

15. electra March 28, 2010 at 22:20 #

New hairstyle? Not really. She only has two hairstyles, and this is one of the two.

She made an effort, that’s for sure, but she looks horrible. I hate the dress and what a horrible shoes choice.

Also, the background posters look so cheap and her Couture dress just doesn’t fit there.

16. Teresa March 28, 2010 at 22:25 #

OMG!!!!!
    Colour and hair!!
    I think Jen can pull off couture but the modifications in her dress just aren’t working. I would have much preferred the runway dress as the one fabric in Jen’s dress looks a little tacky because its shiny and so bright. I would have also like to see her is look 21. I die a little every time when I see that dress. :)

Despite not quite nailing this look I am soooooooo glad she’s not wearing black or silver and an actual colour. GO JEN!!!!

17. Rebecca March 28, 2010 at 22:36 #

I think someone’s been reading this blog!

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2010 at 22:37 #

;)

18. Maria March 28, 2010 at 23:40 #

I love Jennifer Aniston and I love almost everything she wears, it is true that this time the color is very different, but not my favorite dress of her, for me, it ran an increased risk at the premiere of Along Came Polly London.

• whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 19:40 #

Oh I love that look on her. You see, Jennifer, that you can work dresses like those, too. AMAZING.

19. WendyB March 28, 2010 at 23:42 #

You know what I loved? Back in the day when she did dreadlocks: http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20036971_20051246,00.html#20051246

20. Thomas Monks March 29, 2010 at 00:47 #

OMG Jenn looks amazing and totaly agree with you I nominate for BDOTW

21. mochababe73 March 29, 2010 at 01:11 #

I love that she has stepped out of the box. It’s unfortunate that she did it in that dress. The dress has way too much material.

22. Karine Gonçalves March 29, 2010 at 01:23 #

OMG!
    Thank God!
    I love Jennifer Aniston and her hair, but I just can’t understand why it’s always the same…So boring and not celebrity like…
    It looks like she doesn’t even need a hairdresser!

About the dress…didn’t like it at all. I really do prefer that Donna Karan she was wearing…

23. AJoanna March 29, 2010 at 01:26 #

You know what? It may not be the best dress for Jen, but for crying out loud at least she looks like she took a risk! Welcome to fashion, Jen! May this be the beginning of more color in your wardrobe.

24. mm March 29, 2010 at 01:41 #

LOL, this post was too funny! I can only see bath towel now. LOL

25. Raquel March 29, 2010 at 01:57 #

OMG [x20000]

It is an improvement, right? Right? So, I will overlook the dress, that I find hideous on the model and slighlty better on Jennifer because she isn’t wearing the same jewelry.

26. Lucas March 29, 2010 at 02:09 #

I actually love this look (except the shoes) but what a huge effort! It might be to early to tell but, BDOTW??

27. Sharon March 29, 2010 at 03:00 #

I may be the only one not yet tired of seeing Jen in black, but I do like a change of color now and then. Unfortunately this isn’t the color I hoped for. I don’t know who modified the dress for her, but she shouldn’t use them again. Not only is the color a bit garish, but the styling makes her look pregnant, especially from the side. I’m not wild about the runway version either, but it’s miles better than Jen’s. Too bad.

28. a March 29, 2010 at 06:54 #

she looks better in the picture with gerald burtler tho.

• Fashion Critic March 29, 2010 at 09:03 #

she does, but that’s because she from the waist up and that horrible background is not clashing with her dress

• whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 19:44 #

She always looks better in shots with Gerard than standing alone. xD

29. HK March 29, 2010 at 06:59 #

I think Jen looks amazing! The colour is great on her and she looks happy. This is definitely a step in the right direction. Maybe from the side it isn’t the best ever but from the front it’s drop dead gorgeous.

30. lorra March 29, 2010 at 07:00 #

i dont know about u guys but im happy that shes wearing a diffrent color finaly but i hat the black shoes so not right
    and it s s bold to go fron donna karan to Christian Lacroix

31. shuz4ever March 29, 2010 at 09:47 #

Wow she actually took a risk. Good for her. I’m glad she’s exploring colour once again…but sadly that dress is awful… and black heels…seriously?

32. zuleyka March 29, 2010 at 10:28 #

wrong shoes!!!!

33. Christina March 29, 2010 at 14:46 #

Your gonna be disappointed with the outfit she wore to the Berlin premiere.

34. pipsqueak March 29, 2010 at 15:52 #

This looks like the perfect dress for the eternal bridesmaid. Jen probably tried to change it up a little, because it was the Paris red carpet – not covered as much by the US media and not designed to appeal to middle America. But the outcome looks like a faux pas. What’s wrong with black if she can’t pull off colors? I never see Emmanuelle Alt in bright colors, but she’s one of the most stylish and exciting women to look at.

35. mari March 29, 2010 at 16:27 #

the shoes do not go with the dress, and in overall, the fabric, the design… it makes it look “lobsterish” or something, that shade of pink in a different style would look very good, in someone with fairer skin, but I think she’s too tanned. Many HW actresses over do the tan.

Honestly, it is a change for her, but BDOTW? nope.
    She should try harder. she will have plenty of opportunities.

36. staramour March 29, 2010 at 18:10 #

I agree with earlier posts: From the front, YES! It’s a step in the right direction, thanks to FC’s imploring and incredibly sage advce! But, from the side, NO! However, I don’t think that’s her fault, it appears to be the dress construction. *Where* is her makeup though?! Or is that hoping for too many changes in one appearance?!

37. Lou March 29, 2010 at 18:52 #

Yes, mega stunned – gorgeous colour but it does not look right on Jen at all. Shame.

38. Alfredo March 29, 2010 at 19:15 #

I’ll give her an OMG when she actually deserves it.

She still didn’t try anything with her hair, how long does it take to go from how you wear it everyday to pulling it back? That’s not effort. Make up blah, shoes blah and the dress does her no favors. She does not do it justice.

Just imagine what Diane Kreuger or Camilla Belle would have done with this dress………… :)

39. perfumeorpoison March 29, 2010 at 21:03 #

my jaw is on the floor and i’m catching my breath – wooooow i can’t believe this! i actually think she looks really good! OK the heels aren’t the best choice but still.. the colour is great on her! she looks stunning. take that brad! hahaha :)

40. Celebrity Fashion March 30, 2010 at 13:46 #

Jennifer sizzles in pink dress.I love that dress.She has such great fashion sense!I really can’t wait to watch The Bounty Hunter.Sounds great!

41. whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 19:52 #

I agree with all the points you made. If she’s not wearing the same kind of straight hair, she always puts it up like this in a pony tail. Which looks very plain actually. There are more hairstyles in the world than just those two. Especially if you have long hair. Shoes are totally wrong. The dress doesn’t flatter, neither does color, nor I think she can pull off Couture in general.

To be fair, this is a HUGE thing for her in spite of the flaws. I bet either she or her stylist were reading what we were saying in here. ;) She should just go on experimenting even if she fails sometimes. You can’t profit without taking risks. It doesn’t always pay off but it’s a step in the right direction.

42. Ayvee April 5, 2010 at 23:32 #

Wonder if she’s aware that the Fred Leighton earrings she’s wearing as a loan was once wore by Angelina Jolie to another premiere event.