2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – Rihanna In Christian Dior

Christian Dior Doesn’t Do Bold Shoulders Award
Rihanna sported a new ‘do at the 2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards yesterday.

We all know that Rihanna is a big fan of Alexander Vauthier and Balmain who both love bold shoulders, but Christian Dior didn’t follow that trend.

Rihanna is clearly still in love with this trend so she improvised by over padding her Christian Dior Spring 2010 chevron print dress.

I loved this dress when Florence Welch wore it to a Brit Awards party earlier this year, but Rihanna really needed to sit down and stop trying so hard.

This look feels so contrived.  Nothing feels natural about it.

It could’ve been so pretty, but I really dislike the badger hair plus her beige Brian Atwood pointy pumps don’t work when paired with the white Christian Dior shimmery ankle socks.

Just when I was starting to appreciate her again, she does a 180 on me.

[nggallery id=397]

Credit: Style.com, Zuma, Fame Pictures & London Features

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

"The Bounty Hunter" Paris Premiere - Jennifer Aniston In Christian Lacroix Couture

“The Bounty Hunter” Paris Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Christian Lacroix Couture

30 Responses to 2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – Rihanna In Christian Dior

1. michelle March 28, 2010 at 16:12 #

Thank you, i was thinking the same thing about her look. it screams trying too hard to be fashionable and different. in doing so she ruined a great dress. boo to rihanna

• bornbajan March 30, 2010 at 05:12 #

i agree, but i think she was going for the kiddy look after all its a kids choice awards,it s only for the ocassion she will return to her self after.

• denasheia April 1, 2010 at 20:08 #

I like riannah because she was so pretty and i like
      her dress.

• denasheia April 1, 2010 at 20:12 #

I like Riannah because she was so pretty and i like
        her dress and i like when she was singging.

2. mochababe73 March 28, 2010 at 16:27 #

This dress is really cute and kind of tame for Dior. I like it better on the model. For some reason, Rihanna’s version looks like it has more material. It appears heavy instead of flowy like the runway version.

3. nicole March 28, 2010 at 16:32 #

yikes!!
    socks and heels should never ever be paired together iMO.

4. Jessica March 28, 2010 at 16:33 #

I thought it was cute but not the shoe.

5. Alfredo March 28, 2010 at 16:56 #

For some reason it makes her look heavier, the print of the dress when pleated makes it look like an overload in the shoulders and torso. And the belt should help her define the look a bit more but it’s not really doing it. Flowy and shoulder pads don’t really work, they go against their purpose. The socks just cut her legs and making her seem even more box-y.

If she wanted to alter the look, she should have made it into a halter dress, that would of been much better.

6. Grace March 28, 2010 at 17:07 #

I don’t like her hair. I just…don’t

• mm March 28, 2010 at 17:18 #

I agree with you! And that hair was getting in her eyes during her performance.

• justme March 28, 2010 at 23:16 #

The colors are all kinds of wrong and I can see her tracks *sigh*
      It really kills me because she looked lovely when she first cut her hair. But she had to take things too far as usual.

7. amers March 28, 2010 at 17:25 #

i agree, she’s just trying too hard

8. Leo March 28, 2010 at 17:26 #

Looks like Rihanna’s idea of going to a kid’s party is dressing up like a clown.

9. alex March 28, 2010 at 18:24 #

It’s such a shame, she is beautiful, has a great body and clearly an interest in fashion, why does she (or her stylist) almost never get it right?
    I want to love her, but i can’t!

10. a March 28, 2010 at 19:08 #

hate the socks. but i love the colour. i actually think she looks cute. maybe cause she’s smiling so beautifully.

11. Marvel March 28, 2010 at 19:16 #

Looks like she’s attending a kid’s tea cup party.

12. lee March 28, 2010 at 20:38 #

i actually like this. she looks confident, she likes what she’s wearing, and looks like she doesn’t care what people think. sometimes, that’s all that matters with fashion.

• Alfredo March 29, 2010 at 19:17 #

She looks like she doesn’t, yet her efforts prove otherwise.

13. Regina March 28, 2010 at 20:40 #

I know its Rihanna post but Catherine you must see Jennifer Aniston in red and with PONYTAIL!

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2010 at 21:18 #

thanks. Just updated the site :)

14. Alice March 28, 2010 at 21:53 #

I don’t think I will ever admire Rihanna. She never looks natural. She tries too hard to follow trends and to make fashion statements. With her budget, you’d think she’d be able to hire a good stylist and have a decent eye for clothing.

15. Matt March 28, 2010 at 22:52 #

I’m more pissed at the fact that it’s an award show for the kids, and ms tries so hard couldn’t even be modest with her outfit, check out those gaudy eye lashes.

16. Tania March 29, 2010 at 01:59 #

Her hair looks better than usual but all the rest is too wannabe 80´s.

17. hypnotic March 29, 2010 at 19:42 #

the comments about her socks are odd esp since that’s how it was presented on the runway. i actually prefer her socks. she is totally giving me a mary jane girls moment with this look and i like it. i think she took a very feminine dress and made it sexier and a bit tougher

shoe color is eh but it may be the photograph

the hair is horrible

people like to knock her but i find her more interesting than these milquetoast actresses

• Fashion Critic March 29, 2010 at 19:44 #

I think the problem are the shoes paired with the socks.

Had she worn the runway shoes I don’t think this would have been much of an issue as we’ve seen this style many times before.

18. whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 19:35 #

Christian Dior didn’t follow that trend ’cause he was too busy designing the same thing over and over again for the past 5-6 years.

I actually don’t think it’s too bad. (Or maybe I like it because she modified boring Dior. LOL) Two things she loses points for, though. Bad shoe choice. Some other shoes would go better both with socks AND the dress. And it seriously looks like something died on her head.

• whitestroke March 31, 2010 at 19:36 #

I meant: Christian Dior didn’t follow that trend ’cause JOHN GALLIANO was too busy… etc.

I don’t know why I ate his name. lol

19. Kika Rouse April 5, 2010 at 03:46 #

The socks are a bit too much and so are the padded shoulders. The color does suit her though and she’s dressed conservative for the KID’S CHOICE awards. Her hair is perfectly fine. *SHE DOES NOT WEAR TRACKS.* She looks like she is trying too hard because she’s trying to appeal to a younger crowd. Her style is usually riske`, but not that day :] iloveRihanna.