46th Annual PaekSang Art Awards

The 46th Annual PaekSang Art Awards took place earlier today in South Korea.

The ceremony recognizes outstanding achievements in the South Korean entertainment industry for both films and dramas, so it would be the equivalent of the SAG Awards.

I’ve been in love with tie-dye prints from the Blumarine Spring 2010 collection since it was presented last October and I’ve been eagerly awaiting its presence on the red carpet.

Son Ye-Jin made that wish come true by wearing a bright orange asymmetrical dress which is embellished with rhinestones and has a sexy thigh high split.

Although Son looks pretty in this I would have loved to have seen it on someone like Gisele or Liz Hurley who would make good use of that split and worked the hell out of this sexy dress like the model did.

The Victoria Beckham dress collection continues to go from strength to strength.

Han Hyo-Joo opted for the Victoria Beckham Spring 2010 black dress with the voluminous skirt which VB has already worn.

Chain embellished ankle boots give this look a bit of an edge, but Han still look sweet.

Love the silver clutch.

Ha Ji-Won was one of my faves on this red carpet wearing a black one-sleeved Roberto Cavalli Spring 2009 dress.

I’m surprised I like it so much because I’m not a fan of black, nor one-sleeved dresses.

What wins me over is that sexy sheer split, the sparkling multi-coloured clutch and her jewels.

I also love how toned her arms are without being too butch. Note to Madonna.

Whilst her fellow actresses were wearing high-end fashion, Baek Jin Hee was wearing a red dress from the high-street.

Baek wore cute mini dress from H&M’s recently launched Garden Collection.

Love the dress, dislike the pumps.

My other favourites include Park Bo-Young and Shin Se Kyung.

Regular readers will remember Park was one of our favourites on the red carpet last year.  She won us over with her love for pretty, ultra feminine dresses.

She gives us that again with this sweet pretty pink mini.

I love the dramatic forest green colour of Shin’s asymmetrical gown.

The neckline is exquisite as it gathers in a knotted detail on her shoulder.

This is the last post before BDOTW, so make sure you’ve shouted for your favourites.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Newsen.com

'The Last Song' LA Premiere - Miley Cyrus In Thomas Wylde

‘The Last Song’ LA Premiere – Miley Cyrus In Thomas Wylde

In Penelope Cruz' Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Fringed Dress

In Penelope Cruz’ Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Fringed Dress

23 Responses to 46th Annual PaekSang Art Awards

1. From Russia With Love March 26, 2010 at 18:10 #

I guess Ha Ji-Won is wearing Roberto Cavalli spring 2009, look 15 (Natasha Poly)

• Fashion Critic March 26, 2010 at 18:27 #

Thanks so much. That one was bugging me :)

2. Cheryl March 26, 2010 at 18:13 #

O.M.G.

All these Korean women look so fabulous! I’m dying to know what brand clutch Ha Ji-Won is wearing? It is to-die-for!!!

3. Elena March 26, 2010 at 18:16 #

Park in the pink mini BDOTW contender, for sure! Just gorgeous!

4. Tragic March 26, 2010 at 18:21 #

Ha Ji-Won is a BDOTW contender for me !

I absolutly love the way she accessorised her dress and even if I’m usually absolutly not impessed by black, I must say I’m facinated by sheer material in the split of the dress and by the way the dress seems to be held in place by some kind of miracle on the sleeveless side.

I also really like the modern hairdo that gives a futuristic-ish dimension to the dress and it’s shape.

5. martdip March 26, 2010 at 18:22 #

i always think that asian women were the most stylish!!especialli i love ha ji won,i think in roberto cavalli dress summer 2008.amazing!!

6. joy March 26, 2010 at 18:41 #

So many great looks this week. BDOTW is going to be tough! I too loved Ha Ji-Won. I’m not sure what made this look. I t hink she rocked this dress. I’m not sure the dress would have the same effect on someone else.

• Fashion Critic March 26, 2010 at 18:47 #

i think you are right.

7. Lilflowa March 26, 2010 at 19:09 #

Didnt realise you had a group on FBook fc, i am your newest fan :)

Anywho i love Park Bo-Young’s look.

Subtle and sweet

• Fashion Critic March 26, 2010 at 19:16 #

Yes I just started it. Trying to figure out how it all works.

8. Yaas March 26, 2010 at 19:28 #

I’m totally with you, FC, all of them are great, but please find three spots for that Black Cavalli and those last ones, the pink one and the green one!
    And Park Bo young absolutely has a rare talent to pull off every and each blah-at- the-first-you-look at- the dress
    And you have a talent to find all the gorgeous people all around the world!

9. JJ March 26, 2010 at 20:06 #

They always seem to have taste!!! I love it!!! That’s the way to respect fashion!!!

10. pipsqueak March 26, 2010 at 20:11 #

Ha Ji-Won in Cavalli is my BDOTW pick. This is a pleasant surprise to me because girls in Asia like to go for kawaii (cute) or demure looks – red carpet or street, but Ji-Won looks so different from the rest of the crop, from hair to dress to attitude. She lets her personality show and makes the dress work.

11. Sharon March 26, 2010 at 23:24 #

The black Cavalli is stunning, but I’m completely won over by the Victoria Beckham dress. I just wish
    Han Hyo-Joo had worn the navy version. I think the color is much richer than the black.

12. linaf March 26, 2010 at 23:44 #

sigh, all of them are beautiful. The green one is fantastic

13. Thomas Monks March 27, 2010 at 02:10 #

Is Shin Se Kyung’s dress not the same Angel Sanchez gown that Iman wore to the NY Fashion Week AMFAR Gala?

14. Ksenia March 27, 2010 at 02:38 #

Ultimate kudos to Baek Jin Hee for wearing H&M amongst designer-clad ladies! Total points for me!

15. tazzha March 27, 2010 at 11:06 #

FC my dear, i believe this event called ‘Baeksang Awards’ not ‘Paeksang’ :)
    anyway, big thanks to put asian artists in your blog. not the hollywood one. i find this very refreshing.

• Fashion Critic March 27, 2010 at 11:23 #

If you look at the board behind all the celebrities you can clearly see that it is called Paeksang.

The pictures agencies also labelled this event as Paeksang.

I also checked Wiikipedia beforehand and it states that the event is called Paeksang.

16. valentina March 28, 2010 at 13:43 #

hey I need everyone’s help please!!!..On april there’s my Birthday and I’m going to wear a red dress similar to Baek’one but I absolutely don’t know how to complete the look..which shoes?? better,in which colour should I buy the shoes? Black? Nude?? HELP ME PLEASE :)

17. whitestroke March 30, 2010 at 01:12 #

Not my fav kind of Asian events. Lots of safe choices here. I’m used to Asians knocking it out of the park with more fashion forward stuff. This event looks more like Hollywood. Even though the best one out of these, I found Ha Ji-Won’s look very plain. In spite of accessories. Made me realize why Roberto styled this dress with that huge-ass necklace.

18. FF April 5, 2010 at 22:25 #

I’d like so say again thanks for covering Korean red carpet events – as well as other world-wide red carpet events.

This site continues to be an essential!

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2010 at 09:15 #

you are welcome. my pleasure