25.03.10 Advertising

Victoria Beckham & Eva Longoria For LG?

When I found this picture of Victoria Beckham and Eva Longoria I instantly thought it was an editorial for a magazine.

The picture is supposedly an ad for LG.

Eva Longoria will put her name to anything. Magnum ice cream, L’Oreal, Fog London, and BeBe Sport, but Victoria is all about Brand Beckham which is why this ad puzzles me.

What also puzzles me is that apart from the small logo in the shot, what are Mrs Beckham and Mrs Longoria-Parker actually selling?

Phones, TVs, or are they just selling us their fabulousity?

What VB’s selling is her Giles Fall 2009 gunmetal grey mini dress.

You may remember she for a salmon coloured version last year.

Despite what the ad is supposed to represent the ladies look fabulous – despite the fact that Ken Paves went all Dolly Parton on Eva’s hair.

Credit: Victoria Beckham Style & Style.com

Who Wore Prada Better? Lara Bingle or Lee Na Young

Who Wore Prada Better? Lara Bingle or Lee Na Young

"ECCO Domani Fashion Party" - Emmy Rossum In Christian Siriano

“ECCO Domani Fashion Party” – Emmy Rossum In Christian Siriano

15 Responses to Victoria Beckham & Eva Longoria For LG?

1. AndreaVenezia March 25, 2010 at 11:33 #

i’m totally agree with u!!! maybe victoria is short of ideas…this could be is a principal reason what victoria was snobbed at oscar!!!!!!

2. electra March 25, 2010 at 11:45 #

The picture is mirrored or reversed, which i absolutely hate. If LG gave them lots of money, they should have invested in a proper photographer. And i don’t know why but it looks fake to me. The shoot was apperantly done just few days ago, i doubt we would get pix already.

3. Leelah March 25, 2010 at 11:49 #

What the.. ??
    So confused.
    And why does Eva look like a 45year old overly botoxed goldigger?

4. shubby doo March 25, 2010 at 12:02 #

ad screams fabulousity but for the wrong reason…i’m not gonna run out to buy a new phone, tv, kitchen appliance or whatever they are selling bcos of it…so it’s fail for me on that score but i do love VB’s gunmetal dress…it passes with a distinction on that score

p.s
    i do wish ken paves would reign it in…every time i’m tempted to get his wavy clip-on hair extensions (jessica simpson style) in black, i see something this bad on someone as stunning as eva and my hand falls away from the ‘buy’ button…

5. shevelle March 25, 2010 at 12:41 #

They soooo haven’t been shot together! Hate that, looks so fake! Also i personally think that Eva has lost it- she USED to be so fabulous, i loved seeing her on the red carpet. Now…. not so much! But Vicky fab as ever girl!

• anne March 25, 2010 at 14:04 #

you’re so right with what you said about eva.she’s changed, but it bothers me that i can’t really say what’s changed about her. she still looks good at events but she’s lost the sparkle.

• shevelle March 25, 2010 at 14:16 #

Right!

6. Matt March 25, 2010 at 13:34 #

Well Victoria also decided to be a guest judge on American Idol so this LG thing doesn’t surprise me as much.

7. Melissa March 25, 2010 at 13:58 #

This looks like an ad that will run/has run in Asia somewhere. I definitely can’t see this running in the States or the UK…

• pipsqueak March 25, 2010 at 16:08 #

Totally agree! This tacky ad would only fly in Asia, where the celebrity culture is more absurd – in comparison – than it is in the States or UK.

8. Mrs A March 25, 2010 at 14:12 #

Eva looks like a Tranny ready for a night out in Blackpool in this shot. Not a good look for her.

9. Mallory March 25, 2010 at 15:32 #

*snicker* Eva looks like the ‘glitz and glam’ in American Beauty Pageants. VB pulls off the modified Giles look while still managing the look of high fashion. I don’t know what they’re selling, but I’m buying.

10. femme March 25, 2010 at 17:00 #

This ad is obviously just a fake, I mean, look at eva, that’s not even her body
    Also, of LG contracted these two women to be in an ad for their products the marketing department of LG would probably put a picture of the product in it as well

11. mm March 25, 2010 at 23:47 #

LOL , that is that working 9 to 5 Dolly hair

12. OLIVIA April 6, 2010 at 05:42 #

I agree with the people above. This ad is silly and dumb. Why! didn’t LG get younger models who can do a better job. Eva and Victoria are not going to inspire me go shopping for anything. Please LG pick every day ordinary people for advertisment.