Who Wore Marchesa Better? Georgina Chapman, Susan Lucci or Tinsley Mortimer

Georgina Chapman wore a self designed Marchesa crystal encrusted red dress from her Fall 2009 collection to the “Hollyrod Foundation’s DesignCare Event Honoring Michael J Fox” in LA back in July.

Georgina is so drop dead gorgeous, she could wear a potato sack and still wow me.

The oversized bow on the dress is such a nice feature without being too overbearing.

Susan Lucci wore the same dress last October to the “Child Protection Agency’s Gala” in New York.

I like the slightly longer length, which is more age appropriate for her.

She adds a nice choice of earrings to her look which match her silver shoes, along with red lips which is a nice touch.

Tinsley Mortimer is my least favourite in this Marchesa dress, which she wore to attend the “Samsung 3D LED TV launch party” this month in New York.

Without any disrespect to her this is very much a grown up’s dress. It feels too grand for her.

It really hard to beat Georgina in her own threads. She totally owns this look so she wins for me.

If you’re a Gossip Girl fan, you will remember that Leighton Meester wore this same dress on the show during Season 3.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

"Good Day NY" - Lucy Liu In Max Azria

“Good Day NY” – Lucy Liu In Max Azria

In Adrienne Bailon's Closet - Tadashi Shoji One Shoulder Mesh Lace & Sequin Dress

In Adrienne Bailon’s Closet – Tadashi Shoji One Shoulder Mesh Lace & Sequin Dress

19 Responses to Who Wore Marchesa Better? Georgina Chapman, Susan Lucci or Tinsley Mortimer

1. Joy March 24, 2010 at 08:03 #

I vote for Blair Waldorf – she’s the only one who wore the runway version! :)

• Alfredo March 24, 2010 at 09:29 #

Yay!

• Ev March 25, 2010 at 01:41 #

She wins for me also! The runway version is way better than the modified one. That mix of textures made the original dress something specal, and without it it’s even kind of boring.

2. The Dame March 24, 2010 at 08:05 #

tinsley is so blah. i mean come on, youre like a carbon copy girl, stop trying so hard. whereas georgina is just wow effortless.

3. Alfredo March 24, 2010 at 09:31 #

Yeah Georgina by FAR! Tinsley needs to do her roots and fire whoever does her eyebrows, they are waaay to dark and crooked. The other lady looks ok.

4. najla March 24, 2010 at 11:23 #

marry murphy wore this look to last years so you think you can dance finale

5. Lara March 24, 2010 at 11:51 #

I actually loved Tinsley best in this, surprisingly because usually Georgina wins any poll she’s in. I love the way her hair is styled, and she accessorised the dress so well.

Not sure I understand what you mean FC by the dress being a grown up’s dress. From what I can see, Georgina and Tinsley were born in the same year!

• Fashion Critic March 24, 2010 at 12:01 #

What does their age have to do with anything? I didn’t their mention age.

Being grown up doesn’t have to do with age.

My brother is younger than me yet he’s more of a grown up than I am

• Lara March 24, 2010 at 18:02 #

Oh ok, I thought you meant it literally, that’s why I asked. I thought you meant that Georgina was older. i was actually suprised Tinsley was 34… I would have put her at 28 at most.

6. Carrie March 24, 2010 at 12:03 #

Georgina does own this look, literally.

7. mochababe73 March 24, 2010 at 13:41 #

Georgina. She designed the dress, of course!
    Tinsley is known for wearing flirty, feminine, girly garments, and this is not one of them. IF the dress had softer lines in a softer color then it would be Tinsley dress.
    Susan Lucci looks great as well.
    And age does matter. I am in my late 30s, and I would never dress like Miley Cyrus, but I also wouldn’t dress like Helen Mirren.

8. f4fashion March 24, 2010 at 13:49 #

Georgina always manage to appear in a feminine sexy,yet elegant look. This time she upscaled herself. her shoes might look a bit matchy matchy but who cares? In this particular pose, she is looking DAMN HOT!! GEORGINA GEORGINA GEORGINA and yes, one more time GEORGINA

9. Melissa March 24, 2010 at 13:56 #

I now find it almost impossible to tell the difference between Tinsley Mortimer and Ali Larter. I think Georgina looks best!

10. pipsqueak March 24, 2010 at 14:57 #

When put together in a photo collage, they look like the bridesmaids at some wedding. Georgia looks the best – she’s a beautiful woman and her dress has the best shade of red. Lucci looks like a beauty pageant judge, but she looks good for a woman her age. Tinsley … yuck – no attention goes to anyone famous for being nothing.

11. Leo March 24, 2010 at 16:24 #

I actually love Susan Lucci on this, she rocked it better. I would’ve never guessed that I would’ve loved Susan Lucci over Georgina Chapman, bu there’s something about this dress that screams rich bit** society lady and that’s Susan’s style.

12. flutterbang March 25, 2010 at 03:04 #

I’m not sure I like any of them all that much, as I’m not a fan of that version of the dress. I think it really lacks the differences in texture that the runway version has.

I did vote Georgina though, as she does look the best in it – she is way more sophisticated than Tinsley, as well as more grown up.

13. pascha March 25, 2010 at 06:27 #

I’d probably say Georgina wins hands down (not a fan of the silver shoes/accessories on Tinsley and Susan). But the dress also suits Susan very well too.

Tinsley’s hair makes the whole outfit seem overly cute to me (totally agree about the grown up’s dress point FC). Her hair curled around the ends like ribbons on a present… I dunno. To me she looks like a really bubbly perfume salesgirl at a mall who spritzes people at the Xmas sales.

I’m such a sucker for detail though so if there were a bullet point where you could vote for the original runway look I’d vote for the model. Georgina looks gorgeous but I love how the model looks other-wordly in the photo below.

In other photos I’ve seen of this model wearing this particular dress she looks like a character out of a fairytale. :)

14. Frankly March 27, 2010 at 00:33 #

Tinlsye Mortimer needs to get off those pain killers. That and say one nice thing about someone else. She is a mean lady.

15. Jedi Boy April 7, 2012 at 21:01 #

They all look great. Tinsley tends to cheapen the dress; this is a sophisticated dress and her hair sort cheapens the look. Georgina could do with a bit more make up or something to finish her off though she looks great. Susan Lucci looks great too – very sophisticated. It is a little unfair to cmpare her with Tinsley or Georgina – isn’t she like close to 65 in these photos – certainly over 60. I think if Susan had longer hair it would be sexier. Georgina has a wonderful tan look; not sure if I like the color. The model looks awkward in that dress and the skirt was too long for her. She was like a tired waif walking downn the runway.