“Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang” London Premiere – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vionnet

Maggie Gyllenhaal is in London tonight for the premiere of her new movie “Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang”.

The last time we saw Maggie on the red carpet she dazzled us at the Oscars wearing a strong print.

This time she dazzle again even though her look was more subtle wearing a black Vionnet Pre-Fall 2010 dress.

Despite not being a lover of black dresses, this one sleeve dress is really interesting as the opposite side of the dress has a cream pleated panel.

I expected something wild and bright from Maggie, but I got chic, elegant and sophisticated.

BDOTW for me.

LOVE this look.

[nggallery id=384]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Getty

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Maison Martin Margiela - 'Very Good Girls' New York Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Maison Martin Margiela – ‘Very Good Girls’ New York Premiere

"ECCO Domani Fashion Party" - Emmy Rossum In Christian Siriano

“ECCO Domani Fashion Party” – Emmy Rossum In Christian Siriano

20 Responses to “Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang” London Premiere – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vionnet

1. Ev March 24, 2010 at 19:23 #

Wow, I like this dress. Even though it is black, it’s anything but boring. Love her hair and makeup.
    Another BDOTW contender for me.

2. pipsqueak March 24, 2010 at 20:06 #

Lanvin, Roland Mouret, Vionnet, Dries … Maggie obviously digs French fashion! I dig this gown.

3. Yaas March 24, 2010 at 20:08 #

Agree! Very chic and classy!

4. LeeAnn March 24, 2010 at 20:13 #

stunning but I am not overly keen on the shoes

5. Ophelia March 24, 2010 at 20:38 #

I adore Maggie and her red carpet style! I know you probably won’t agree with this but I would have loved to see her in the hat and tights that the model is wearing. I find her shoes a tad bit boring, she still looks gorgeous though!

• Fashion Critic March 24, 2010 at 20:50 #

If anyone could have pulled it off it would be Maggie :)

• Linda March 24, 2010 at 22:38 #

That would be totally awesome. As is, BDOTW contender for sure.

6. Gaber March 24, 2010 at 22:49 #

The point of this look should be a pairing of a pretty strict look that is shown by almost straight line of the dress on one side, with a more feminine, curvy opposite side. But here, it just loses that strictness and looks like a normal dress with just one sleeve.
    Plus the shoes are poor.

The model on the other hand looks to die for. Gosh, that’s insanely good!

7. Elaine March 24, 2010 at 23:01 #

hmmm i doesnt have a wow factor for me at all im afraid – and it also looks a bit creased on Maggie

8. Sher March 25, 2010 at 00:44 #

only Maggie can make this work. definetly BDOTW

9. mol March 25, 2010 at 01:29 #

I agree with Gaber that the model looks to die for, but I also really like Maggie’s looser but still chic take on it – therefore, Je suis d’accord for her as a BDOTW contender.

10. mm March 25, 2010 at 01:40 #

The shoes dont work for me, they could’ve been black but something more interesting. I like how it was styled on the model also

11. mochababe73 March 25, 2010 at 03:12 #

Love the shoes, but that dress is just weird. However, it’s Maggie’s style.

12. pascha March 25, 2010 at 06:39 #

I love the hair and the makeup but for once I wish she could’ve worn tights and the shoes the model was wearing. Knowing how quirky Maggie is I’m sure she could’ve easily pulled the whole runway outfit off!

The creases and the tie element of the dress reminds me of this Prada collection:

I’d love to see her in something from that collection. :)

• mol March 25, 2010 at 08:17 #

I agree, she would look great in any number of pieces from that collection.

13. Lee-Shay March 25, 2010 at 08:09 #

BDOTW!

14. mimi March 25, 2010 at 08:25 #

bdotw

15. nicky March 25, 2010 at 08:28 #

she looks really chic and classy but the again…when does she not? i love her makeup and hair here. black looks good on her too. i dont love this look but she looks gorgeous

16. Sally March 25, 2010 at 14:01 #

Definately BDOTW contender.

17. whitestroke March 28, 2010 at 00:31 #

The shoes ruin it. Uuurrgh. I get pissed when people ruin Vionnet. lol Look at those runway shoes. Look at them! Black peep-toes are KILLING me here. Especially since I wouldn’t expect it from Maggie. She can do edgy and quirky. Vionnet have some CRAZY shoes. And since the dress is black&white ANYTHING would work, even multicolored ones. Please Maggie, look into that.