23.03.10 Premiere

Last night Janet Jackson attended the “Why Did I Get Married Too” New York Premiere.

Her look was nice, but it doesn’t flatter her.

If she was going to belt her navy Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 jacket, I would have preferred her to wear fitted pants for a more narrowing affect.

The harem pants make her appear very bottom heavy.

This could’ve been a great look but the pants kill it for me.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Demi Moore For Harper's Bazaar April 2010

Demi Moore For Harper’s Bazaar April 2010

In Claudia Schiffer's Closet - Temperley London Harlequin Sweater Dress

In Claudia Schiffer’s Closet – Temperley London Harlequin Sweater Dress

17 Responses to ‘Why Did I Get Married Too’ New York Premiere – Janet Jackson In Alexander McQueen

1. Linda March 23, 2010 at 12:15 #

I like this. I think it’s more flattering on her than that gray outfit she wore earlier this week or last week. This colour is really good on her too.

2. Joana March 23, 2010 at 12:50 #

I dont like it, she doesnt have much sense of style and I dont think that that flatters her!

3. rachel March 23, 2010 at 13:16 #

I think she looks cute. I would have worn fitting pants but this works as well.

4. Matt March 23, 2010 at 13:19 #

It’s the case of “Why did I wear that outfit?”

• Fashion Critic March 23, 2010 at 14:24 #

LOL so true

5. shubby doo March 23, 2010 at 13:28 #

i like this look…i do…for me, miss booty is still working it here…harem pants and all…

6. mochababe73 March 23, 2010 at 13:38 #

LIke everything from the waist up. I remember Heidi Klum on Project Runway saying that a garment looked like it was hiding a big, ol’ butt in there. That’s what these pants remind me of.

7. Masia March 23, 2010 at 14:27 #

The Jacksons do not have good taste in clothes. And Janet needs to cover the boobs. She’s 43 already!

• DM March 24, 2010 at 02:15 #

LOL at what age can you no longer show any cleavage? I wasn’t aware there was an age cutoff. I’m sure that ANY woman 40+ who looked liked Janet would do the same.

8. Yaas March 23, 2010 at 16:54 #

I like this outfit on her, it fits her and it’s not predictable. I think she has a great figure.

9. Chaz March 23, 2010 at 18:32 #

Does anybody know where I can find a jacket similar to this one in the UK?

• Fashion Critic March 23, 2010 at 19:40 #

It’s Alexander McQueen. contact your local store

10. pascha March 24, 2010 at 00:04 #

FC do you know of anyone who has ever pulled off the harem pants look?

IMO harem pants should be put in the same pit of fire as ankle boots…

• Fashion Critic March 24, 2010 at 07:06 #

only models :)

11. DM March 24, 2010 at 02:18 #

I like this look! I just think the shot you have isn’t flattering. I saw some others (where her hands are not in her pockets) and the pants look great!

12. Katie March 24, 2010 at 11:38 #

Janet just does not have the height here for this outfit it does nothing for her…You have to be as you said a model really!

13. whitestroke March 24, 2010 at 21:21 #

Leggins would be perfect for this. When having such a structured statement piece on top, there’s no reason for a whole lot of fuss on the bottom as well. The understated bottom would make all the difference. And why is she ruining the beautifully draped silhouette of the jacket with hands in pockets? She makes it look like a poor man’s version of the runway piece.

The Trib Two’s. OMG. I think the only person I’d be happy to see wearing those heels is Kristen Stewart. Even THAT would be a refreshing change from her simple black pumps she always sports. For the rest of the world, they should be forbidden by law already.