Demi Moore For Harper’s Bazaar April 2010

Demi Moore graces the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s April 2010 issue wearing Chanel.

You may remember we saw the candids from this shoot back in December.

In her editorial she wears Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Carolina Herrera and that beautiful feathered Jason Wu dress we’ve seen on Iman.

I had to do a double take of the picture of her wearing Jason Wu, because for a split second I thought it was Victoria Beckham.

In her interview she talks about the first time she met hubby Ashton Kutcher and why she prefers being called a puma over a cougar.

You can read read all of Demi’s interview at HarpersBazaar.com. Below are some of the highlights.

On whether she’d prefer being called a cougar or puma: “Cougar has become so distasteful. I really hate that expression. I prefer puma it has a sweeter quality, more elegant. And then somebody said to me, ‘Pumas are only for people in their 30s.’”

On the first night she met Ashton: “I knew it had the potential to be something special right away. It was like meeting somebody that I’ve just known where you just recognize one another. It was so disproportionate, the level of emotion we were experiencing to the time we had spent together. But when you don’t know someone, you can’t just jump and say, ‘I love you.’ ‘Nice to meet you, I love you!’ Yeah. No. We used to end our calls or emails with ‘And everything we don’t say.’ It just seemed too much, too soon.”

On Alexander McQueen: “McQueen was a genius. I was always thrilled to wear his clothes because they were more than fashion; they were truly works of art.”

Credit: Style.com & Mark Seliger

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Balmain Camouflage Top

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Balmain Camouflage Top

'Why Did I Get Married Too' New York Premiere - Janet Jackson In Alexander McQueen

‘Why Did I Get Married Too’ New York Premiere – Janet Jackson In Alexander McQueen

17 Responses to Demi Moore For Harper’s Bazaar April 2010

1. shubby doo March 23, 2010 at 11:52 #

i thought it was Jennifer Connelly in the first Chanel dress…i also love her in the other chanel dress where she sits on the chair…my fav is her in Mcqueen…Demi just never ages…classy, fun spirited…

p.s
    i also agree with u FC …it does look like VB in the Jason Wu dress…

• ImanLover March 23, 2010 at 12:06 #

totally…uncanny resemblance.
      And in the Dior pic, I thought she was wearing a sari…
      Looking amazing as always, though.

2. Jake March 23, 2010 at 12:17 #

My favorite editorial in recent memory, hands down.

First off: It is beautiful, from the scenery to the clothes.

Bazaar really got the styling perfect this time. The Fendi pumps (I think they’re Fendi) with the Chanel dress in the first picture are stunning.

I’m so glad they put her in McQueen and she works the McQueenadillos better than I would have expected. The Dior is divine, as is the Herrera.

And the two white feathery confections, the Chanel and the Wu, look stunning on her.

Without a doubt, this editorial is perfection, from the choice of clothing to the hair to the shoes to the setting. LOVE

3. shaun March 23, 2010 at 12:41 #

i think rachel zoe does a really great job styling photo shoots. they always seem so alive, fresh, young, and colorful, like the one she did with biel and gardner for marie claire.

4. ude March 23, 2010 at 13:07 #

love love love this editorial!!!
    who was it styled by?

• Fashion Critic March 23, 2010 at 13:08 #

Rachel Zoe

5. Raquel March 23, 2010 at 13:24 #

Amazing editorial.

6. mochababe73 March 23, 2010 at 13:45 #

Number one: Rachel Zoe is a styling genius. I aspire to put together outfits like that someday. Every single look is beautiful. I don’t like the McQueen silhouette or print, but I love the shot.

7. Stuti March 23, 2010 at 14:38 #

Rachel Zoe is a freaking genius!!

8. zoe March 23, 2010 at 15:09 #

wow, all of these pictures are so amazing. this has got to be one of the most creative and well executed celebrity editorials i have ever seen! i want all of these pictures on my walls! :)

9. Maddie March 23, 2010 at 16:33 #

Wow. I love these shoots so much. Demi really works that McQueen dress and the heels, but my favourite picture is the first Chanel one. I love the heels paired with the dress, am I right in identifying them as Fendi?

10. The One March 23, 2010 at 17:31 #

Denni looks lovely, and she’s been wearing a lot of VB dresses, first the blue one from the latest collection and last night on the Chelsea Lately show, she wore the same magnificent dress VB herself wore tot he

11. ~**juDee**~ March 23, 2010 at 19:11 #

I would be bricking it if I had to wear those armadillo heels on those stairs….unless it’s a camera trick???

12. mol March 23, 2010 at 23:09 #

I love the Carolina Herrera dress and the way that Zoe styled the shot – so good, that shot of neon pink, yellow and green in the bottom left corner…those colors give just the right edge and they pop the eye immediately over to the great stylistic details and color combo of the dress from above and behind…….

13. whitestroke March 24, 2010 at 21:08 #

Why is she constantly on the covers? Because she’s on Twitter? She has some really strong PR going on. Even though I don’t see a purpose for it. Since PR should be promoting the eff of a star for a reason, and I don’t see a reason for her being so much in the public eye. She didn’t have a proper movie since the mid-90s. Except for the 10-minute appearance in Charlie’s Angels, which was 7 years ago.

14. P. March 25, 2010 at 00:19 #

wow, Demi looks pretty darn amazing. Great editorial, the pictures are doing very justice to Demi’s beautiful. Despite being very M.I.A on lately red carpet, she’s divine, a goddess.

P.S. oh, ohh, plase I want NOW those Armadillo heels!

15. Maureen A. O'Callaghan April 1, 2010 at 15:31 #

I’m interested in the Jason wu dress (short, green) worn by K. Patel in April’10 issue