22.03.10 Best Dressed

What Was Vera Farmiga’s Best Award Season Red Carpet Moment?

Vera Farmiga’s was one of the stars who made a quiet impact on the red carpet this awards season

My favourite was her black Dolce & Gabbana Golden Globes gown, with her Marchesa Oscar gown in second place.

Credit: Getty & London Features

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Award Season?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Award Season?

11 Responses to What Was Vera Farmiga’s Best Award Season Red Carpet Moment?

1. Alfredo March 22, 2010 at 08:31 #

I chose Reem Acra at the Critics Choice, the color is great on her skin and it really makes her eyes pop out.

The Dolce dress is ok, it’s been seen many times and she didn’t looks extraordinary in it to be a stand out.
    The J Mendel could of been better without the belt or if the waist of the dress was dropped to where the belt is.
    The Bafta look is very understated she looks nice, her hair looks the best there, it would be my 2nd place choice.
    The Independent Film look is horrible she looks like a clown the red does not suit her at all.
    At the Oscars her face looks like a clown again and her hair looks very grandma-ish, the dress is too “young” for her face/hair. She also looks uncomfortable.

2. Alfredo March 22, 2010 at 09:24 #

BTW, I might be really late but just noticed the little hearts on your favorite looks, that’s really sweet. I like it!

3. The Dame March 22, 2010 at 11:50 #

Love bothe the Bafta’s and Critic’s Choice. She looks young and happy in the Bafta’s dress and it matches her eyes. The Oscar’s dress with her hair up makes her look old.

• flutterbang March 22, 2010 at 12:57 #

I totally agree. I’m not sure if it’s the colour or something to do with her hair, but the whole look is really aging.

4. Bárbara March 22, 2010 at 13:17 #

I know I might be on the minority here, but I just LOVE her in Marchesa for the Oscars….
    I think the colour looks amazing on her, and not many people could pull off all those ruffles, but she sure did!

5. Brooke March 22, 2010 at 15:51 #

I picked the Reem Acra because I love the color on her and frankly didn’t realize her eyes were blue until I saw it. I felt that, though beautiful, the D&G was quite severe. Maybe it was just bad makeup that put me off it. So many small tweaks would have improved her season so much. A different shoe here, different hair and makeup there – and she’d have been all she can be. New stylist, stat!

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 15:58 #

I agree she needed small tweaks on several of her looks.

I either didn’t like the hair or make-up in many of the looks.

6. Raquel March 22, 2010 at 16:33 #

The SAGs look just because of the hair. I like Vera a lot, but her hair always seem quite off for me.

7. Ev March 22, 2010 at 19:59 #

She looks best in white Marchesa (at BAFTAs). So refreshing, light and beautiful. And this light hair color suits her much better than the darker one.
    The Reem Acra gown is amazing, but , like I said, I absolutely dislike that dark hair color.
    J.Mendel dress is beautiful, but it does nothing good to her, especially to her skin tone.

8. Louisa March 22, 2010 at 23:03 #

recently i’ve discovered that i love marchesa… a lot!

9. whitestroke March 23, 2010 at 20:30 #

J. Mendel. Although stills don’t do it justice. He looked rather beautiful in that one.

There’s sometthing about Vera on the red carpet. I can’t quite place it. But she always looks like 4 months pregnant.