22.03.10

“The Laurence Olivier Awards” – Rachel Weisz In Narciso Rodriguez

Rachel Weisz was also at the “The Laurence Olivier Awards” last night where she picked up the Best Actress Award.

The British actress looked elegant in a one-shouldered Narciso Rodriguez dress, but I wasn’t crazy about the colour.

Had this been a midnight blue or navy I think I would have been totally in love with it.

Credit: Bauer Griffin

Kristin Davis In Monique Lhuillier - Laurence Olivier Awards 2014

Kristin Davis In Monique Lhuillier – Laurence Olivier Awards 2014

2010 Met Costume Institute Gala – Rachel Weisz In Oscar de la Renta

2010 Met Costume Institute Gala – Rachel Weisz In Oscar de la Renta

18 Responses to “The Laurence Olivier Awards” – Rachel Weisz In Narciso Rodriguez

1. Marvel March 22, 2010 at 18:38 #

I love the dress but on other sites (e.g. Just Jared) the colour was quite exceptional whereas this shade does nothing for her. No disresepect to your site :)

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 18:45 #

JustJared can afford more pictures with better quality.

• Marvel March 22, 2010 at 20:02 #

Oh Ok, sorry if I offended you :)

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 20:22 #

No not at all :D It’s just a fact. One day I hope to be in a position to afford all the photos I want.

• mari March 23, 2010 at 03:37 #

hahah, in just jared they also get pics with the annoying ads, FC!!! just a laugh, damn those annoying ads :P

Love your blog! gotta see it whenever I have the time.

• Fashion Critic March 23, 2010 at 08:41 #

I hate them too, but it’s the only way to pay for some pictures. Some picture agencies get mega exclusives and charge a damn fortune. VB pictures can be really expensive

2. Mea March 22, 2010 at 18:56 #

I totally agree with you!

3. Anna March 22, 2010 at 20:36 #

This would have looked amazing on Rachel in the same colour as Nicole Kidman’s Lanvin dress – would have been amazing with her colouring.

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 20:44 #

oooohh you got me dreaming…x

• Anna March 23, 2010 at 12:15 #

I’m only jealous as I’m pale and blonde myself and would love her amazing dark colouring! Brights and dark colours can overwhelm me but I adore them!

4. pipsqueak March 22, 2010 at 22:15 #

This gray color doesn’t seem to go well with her complexion or hair color. Probably would look better on a blonde or if it had been used to make daywear/suits rather than evening-wear. But … yay to Rachel’s best actress win! Such an intelligent and articulate woman.

5. Fiona March 22, 2010 at 23:18 #

I normally love Rachel’s looks, but sludgy brown is not a great colour regardless of the cut, fabric etc.

6. mochababe73 March 23, 2010 at 00:20 #

I don’t like the color either. It’s like the color of putty.

7. pascha March 23, 2010 at 02:07 #

She is so stunning, it’s just such a shame the dress was that colour.

I think she could’ve easily pulled off this dress in any of the jewel tones… a rich aqua, a rusted orangey/red, deep emerald green or royal blue. And the material could’ve been Satin…

Oh well at least she still flashed her winning smile… and she went home with the award too. :)

8. Raquel March 23, 2010 at 05:10 #

I think I saw some pictures of her where the dress looked a different shade of… grey? Muddy green? Honestly, what puts me off here is the hair.

9. nicky March 23, 2010 at 08:04 #

the colour of the dress differs in other photos .but anyhow, rachel always looks gorgeous. the colour mightve not been the best though..her face colour also looks different from her neck

10. Katie March 24, 2010 at 11:46 #

Eugh i hate the colour i dont think that would suit anyone!

11. whitestroke March 25, 2010 at 19:47 #