Runway To Birthday Party – Rochelle Wiseman In Zuhair Murad Couture

I’ve never featured “The Saturday’s” on my blog before, because they’re just another colour coordinated girl group who I find incredibly boring.

When I saw this my first reaction was “What the…?”

Is Rochelle Wiseman from “The Saturday’s” really carrying a Pimp Cup whilst wearing couture?

The singer hosted her birthday party at the Mayfair Hotel in London this weekend wearing a silver Zuhair Murad Spring 2010 Couture dress with a train.

The dress has structured peplum on the hips and rhinestone’s embellishing the dress.

I hate this dress on her.

She cheapens this couture dress as she’s way to busty for this look.

Why wear a Couture dress which cost thousands of pounds and pair it with cheap heels?

What were Zuhair Murad thinking of when they loaned her this gown?

Did they mistake her for Beyonce?

I so wish I never saw this.

To make matters worse a drunken revealer stepped on the train of her dress.

Wrong on so many levels.

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & London Features

Zoe Saldana In Preen -  'Cantinflas' LA Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Preen – ‘Cantinflas’ LA Premiere

"The Laurence Olivier Awards" - Melanie Chisholm In Victoria Beckham Collection

“The Laurence Olivier Awards” – Melanie Chisholm In Victoria Beckham Collection

28 Responses to Runway To Birthday Party – Rochelle Wiseman In Zuhair Murad Couture

1. Alfredo March 22, 2010 at 09:18 #

I really like the idea behind the dress, but honestly the construction of it looks very cheap, especially considering its “couture”. The fabric used I think should have been lighter and more flexible specially because of the train, it looks very stiff and trains should be somewhat movable.The embellishing also could be better IMO. Sorry about being really critical about the dress, Its just that, again, I really like the idea behind it and it could have really been something special. Ironically when I saw this dress I immediately thought of Beyonce. I think because it looks like her black Balmain at the “Obsessed Premiere” from last year and her Thierry Mugler tour costumes. I was waiting for her to wear it (I should have included it in the Red Capet Wish List) but that’s shot to hell now, which in a way is good :)

2. Shemah March 22, 2010 at 09:27 #

You’re absolutely right, FC! Wrong on so many levels and then some. I would have never thought it was couture. And that’s a crime against ZM to say out loud. fugly.

3. shubby doo March 22, 2010 at 09:29 #

the model is so hot in this she is killing it but rochelle has just managed to bury it…she leaves me cold…damn!!!

for a monday morning this isnt cool FC…i wouldnt have minded if you didnt share this simply cos it hurts my eyes on so many levels…i hate her heels, her twins are barely covered and her legs look horrid…i love zuhair murad but this looks like a cheap ‘wannabe superhero’ halloween costume on her

and the pimp cup? *smdh* in this day and age is she for real? that’s so “2000 and L8″… and back then it wasnt even cool *sighs*

this whole thing screams no class

4. ben March 22, 2010 at 09:30 #

couture used to be desirable.

5. shree March 22, 2010 at 09:59 #

She looks like an extra from Dr Who.

• mm March 22, 2010 at 23:26 #

LOL, so true

6. pascha March 22, 2010 at 10:24 #

The fit is so wrong, it looks like it’s about to fall right off her!

I like ZH but I don’t like this dress, I don’t even think Beyonce could make it look classy, and I hate it even more on Rochelle.

Also I can’t believe this dress is from the same Couture collection as the dress Katy Perry wore at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 10:28 #

“I can’t believe this dress is from the same Couture collection as the dress Katy Perry wore at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.”

that’s what I’m saying

7. anna March 22, 2010 at 11:39 #

I think part of the problem with the dress, besides the fact that it is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen, is how limp the train looks.

And because the dress doesn’t fit the girls, it is doing horrible things to them.

I won’t even mention the pimp cup, but I will say that if you are going to wear couture, even couture that reminds me of R2-D2, you need to do something better with your hair.

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 11:42 #

LOL @ R2-D2

8. flutterbang March 22, 2010 at 12:54 #

I just want to cry.

Also, Alfredo, I really agree with you about the material. If the train was all light and flowy and moved around as the model walked it would have looked so beautiful, but it does look just too heavy.

9. Bárbara March 22, 2010 at 13:08 #

I couldnt agree more……She makes this dress look like a dress from project runway gone wrong!!It looks so cheap on her…..The fit is wrong, the dress doesnt suit her body type, and the color does nothing for her as well…..

And a pimp cup?REALLY???

10. mochababe73 March 22, 2010 at 13:46 #

To be honest, I never would have thought that it was couture. The dress looks cheap because of the beading. I hate the structured hips. Just my personal opinion. Unless you are stick thin like the model, you shouldn’t wear it. She has too much boobage, and it’s ill-fitting. The shoes don’t help as well as the blinged-out rapper cup.

11. FEROSH March 22, 2010 at 13:59 #

I really did not know it was Zuhair Murad, I literally thought it was something from Essex’s premier Trash boutique “Brazen Hussy”-enough said. I encourage those who don’t know it google it, It’s in it’s own league of Wagdom. anywho I think FC thereis def a reason why the Saturdays are not featured. It’s been a sad day for Couture!!!

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 14:01 #

OMG…I just googled Brazen Hussy and you right this dress looks like it could come from that store.

It’s a tragic day for couture.

12. ahot March 22, 2010 at 14:10 #

Sorry for the word but she looks like a Ho. Sorry for ZM for allowing this. Someone shoot her. please!

• Marvel March 22, 2010 at 15:55 #

Ill get my rifle out :)

• whitestroke March 23, 2010 at 20:38 #

LMAO xD

13. Marvel March 22, 2010 at 14:52 #

Ive always hated The Saturdays (WTF kind of name is that??) but this made me despise them and despise is such a strong word.
    She reallu cheapens this gown in a way only Katie Price can.

I just want to cry :(

14. Hilary March 22, 2010 at 17:00 #

Oh sweet jesus!! I SWEAR I was near tears looking at this. It PAINS me to think it’ll probably be all over the magazines next week as a “fashion disaster”. I mean, it clearly is, but the dress is worth more than that. She looks like she’s on her way to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding..

I would have loved to see this on Cheryl, as it reminds of the current looks she’s wearing while performng Parachute. Or Blake Lively. Blake is obviously busty too but is well versed in pulling off potentially overly-sexy looking dresses and making them look classy.

15. P. March 22, 2010 at 18:48 #

wow, she looks awful. Wrong on so many levels. I ever would thought that dress is Zuhair Murad COUTURE. The dress looks very cheap and trashy.
    I really don’t think ZH loaned the dress for Rochelle, if he did so, he must be very ill !!
    maybe she bought it (does she have the money ??!)

*yawn*

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 18:51 #

She definitely doesn’t have that kind of money from her girl group.

Maybe her family is rich enough to buy it for her.

16. Mario March 22, 2010 at 20:42 #

Oooh I hoe you’ve left me speechless.. (8)
    And I wish it was in a good way. I hope I don’t start hating on the song cause of this.. thing wearing a futuristic metallic trash bag on her.

17. dressaddict March 22, 2010 at 21:55 #

The dress is ugly and cheap. Don’t like ZH, he ruined it for me when he made at last year Oscar a copy of a Junon Dior dress for Miley Cyrus. That is so lame.
    And why did you say she loaned the dress? Are you saying that dresses we see here and there are not celebrities’ possessions? The designers loane the dresses to them in order to make some publicity?

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 21:57 #

yes designers do loan dresses to celeb.

18. whitestroke March 23, 2010 at 20:41 #

One word: ridiculous.

I’ll buy myself one more word: painful.

19. Sweets March 24, 2010 at 16:07 #

I agree with Catherine why wear a beautiful dress and then wear cheap shoes. I really dont understand that and no one from the Saturdays should be wearing Haute Coutre especially when we all know they cant pronounce the designers their wearing. Let’s be honest !

20. shayna March 27, 2010 at 15:28 #

she looks hideous in this dress.