22.03.10

Atelier Versace Spring 2010

After the Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture show back in January I made my way to the Atelier Versace Spring 2010 presentation which was held at a hotel in Paris.

Upon arrival I was informed that the viewing was confidential, so I wasn’t able to share it with you.

On Friday the collection was uploaded onto Versace.com, so finally this amazing collection can be seen.

At the presentation the dresses were on mannequin’s, so the beautiful Kasia Struss helps bring these looks to life for me.

On my Facebook page I asked you to start picking your red carpet favourites, and I wasn’t surprised that you picked Beyoncé, Shakira, Leighton Meester, Blake Lively, Anne Hathaway, Zoe Saldana, Kate Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Lopez, Gisele Bündchen, Rihanna and Britney Spears (if she ever gets her mojo back).

All very worthy candidates.

I have so many favourites their is no point listing them, but the most interesting was the black dress above.

I can’t wait to see this particular gown on the red carpet because it absorbs light, so on a sunny day in Cannes or when the spotlights are directed on this dress at the Met Gala, the skirt will reflect different colours.

All the looks are accented with either Swarovski crystals, hologram discs or zippers.

What floored me about this collection is that is so very Gianni. His spirit and influence was evident in every piece.

It’s has that sexy, edgy sophistication that made me fall in love with fashion back in the 80s.

The countdown begins to the first star to wear it on the red carpet. I already can’t wait.

[nggallery id=378]

Credit: Versace.com

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

In Sarah Jessica Parker's Closet - Brian Atwood Loca Pumps

In Sarah Jessica Parker’s Closet – Brian Atwood Loca Pumps

25 Responses to Atelier Versace Spring 2010

1. f4fashion March 22, 2010 at 14:31 #

The collection is divine and it really has something to do with our beloved Gianni. But I don’t know why, the moment I saw the wonderful purple piece, I instantly had a flashback of the unforgettable plunged green number JLo once wore.

2. ahot March 22, 2010 at 14:34 #

OMG i´ve never seen such a rich black in my life. Who says black is dull? I can see someone curvy in number 6, Jlo or Alicia Keys(that would be a great surprise!) And a typical Chanel girl in the number 5
    (Audrey Tautou or Diane Krüger)

3. Marvel March 22, 2010 at 14:46 #

WOW!!!
    Ive always loved Atelier Versace collections and this is no exceptiion.
    Hopefully we’ll see these great dresses during Cannes!!

4. Danielle March 22, 2010 at 14:49 #

Absolutely amazing, very futuristic but wearable, Tilda all the way, Halle, Charlize, Angelina

5. Lorraine March 22, 2010 at 15:15 #

Absolutely stunning! Have spent the last ten minutes just scrolling back and forth through the pics. As for my favourites, nearly impossible to choose…though loving the first dress with the chain-link bodice and the last dress, that stunning cobalt blue creation….just breathtaking. Donatella has stepped up to the plate once again :-D

6. lidka March 22, 2010 at 15:43 #

stunning! i love how atelier versace always stays true to it’s style, yet manages to create someting unique and breathtaking every time. btw. the model is kasia struss from poland ( making our country proud :D

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 15:43 #

She sure is :)

Beautiful

7. Elaine March 22, 2010 at 16:14 #

Donatella most definately stepped up to the plate again!
    And as for the celebs: Cheryl Cole perhaps? – she was a big fan of Atelier Versace on xfactor

8. shaun March 22, 2010 at 16:27 #

this collection is sexy and modern, yet a complete throw back and homeage to Gianni. These dresses are a celebration of Gianni’s wonderful talent: with pluging necklines, high splits and medillions. I could totally see Elizabeth Hurly’s saftey pin dress in this collection looking as chic and modern as it was when she wore it some odd years ago. I think this collection shows that you can continue to evolve while paying tribute to the past ( if that makes any sense at all). this entry made my afternoon thanks FC

• Fashion Critic March 22, 2010 at 17:44 #

After reading your amazing comment, it was very much my pleasure

• Pablo March 22, 2010 at 20:34 #

I was going to agree on the Gianni vibe of this collection, but after having been so well said, i’ll just subscribe shaun’s comment!! :)

• flutterbang March 22, 2010 at 22:31 #

I third that. I’m in love with every piece.

9. Verun March 22, 2010 at 16:49 #

Beautifull dresses I Cant wait to see those on celebs.

I realy hope Christina Aguilera’s Stylist will pick the grey with red purple orange circles dress. It is perfect for the promo of her new album Bionic. It really looks like the recent artwork published on her website for her new album

10. Dorian Gray March 22, 2010 at 17:19 #

The best Couture Collection of this season by the way. Donatella knows how to make a girl a STRONG bue even SEXY without be too much. I love this collection ’cause it reminds me Gianni style plus Donatella’s touch. Great work FC!

11. Priscila March 22, 2010 at 17:31 #

I would love to see Britney clean up in the first dress, the purple and the mini silver dress would be awesome too.
    I loved this collection and the model is so pretty!

12. Igor March 22, 2010 at 17:32 #

Absolutely beautiful. Each dress is more stunning than the previous! Can’t wait to see these beauties on the red carpet.

13. Naomi March 22, 2010 at 19:06 #

Damn, that’s one crazy collection! It’d be a crime if we don’t see most of it on the red carpet.

14. xenya March 22, 2010 at 19:26 #

Kasia looks just amazing in these stunning pieces. I was just practically sure that Lara Stone would be the face of everything this year in Versace, so I am very pleasantly surprised by seeing Kasia :)

15. Alfredo March 22, 2010 at 21:55 #

I am a bit disappointed with the collection since I has really high expectations, but I’m sure it will grow on me

16. Tanya March 23, 2010 at 02:06 #

OH Woow.. where were these dresses at the Oscars? This is my first comment so I have to say that besides my girlfriend, you are the most knowledgeable fashion enthusiast/blogger I’ve seen so far.. I love it and I’m not even that into fashion.. btw I thought I let you know that my girl just started a blog about a month ago and she wrote about you and your VOGUE coverage.. Check out the link below;

• Fashion Critic March 23, 2010 at 08:43 #

thanks. that’s very kind of you

17. Chinky March 23, 2010 at 18:14 #

Wow…this collection is just stunning. My predections are as follows:

In the 1st dress(chain like mid-section armor piece) has Beyonce written ALLLLLLLLLL over it. The second dress screams Jennifer Lopez solely on the color alone. The gold one shoulder will redeem Charlize Theron from that awful Academy Awards dress, the Black cross section pendant dress belongs on Heidi Klum(she’d totally kill that dress), the Black dress with the chains whispers Lady Gaga. It will totally be a downsize from her over the top pieces and I think that will be nice. As soon as I saw the white piece Mariah Carey popped in my head(but the weight might be a slight issue). The colorful spin like decoration dress belongs on Rachel Bilson and the Black one shoulder with ruffles goes to the beautiful Penelope Cruz.

18. Raghad March 24, 2010 at 10:38 #

wow !!! the last dress #18 is astonishing !! am in love <3

19. Paula March 24, 2010 at 20:18 #

LOVE it. ALL. I so see Bey performing in the short grey look.

20. whitestroke March 25, 2010 at 19:16 #

I’m not too big on Atelier Versace collections. They don’t really hit home for me. The last one I liked was Spring 2008. The pictures are beautiful, though. I love Kasia and her hair here.