18.03.10 Best Dressed

What Was Mo’Nique’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

Mo’Nique swept the awards for Best Supporting Actress at every major event this awards season.

She caused controversy over her unshaven legs and Oscar speech, but we’re here to talk fashion.

Her confidence grew on the red carpet, although her husband was blocking our view of most of her looks.

My favourite was her gold Reem Acra gown. It may have been the gown that exposed us to her hairy legs, but it was the one that really made her glow.

Credit: Getty, Bauer Griffin, London Features & Zuma

"Remember Me" UK Premiere - Emilie de Ravin In Oscar de la Renta

“Remember Me” UK Premiere – Emilie de Ravin In Oscar de la Renta

In Jessica Alba's Closet - Prada Tote

In Jessica Alba’s Closet – Prada Tote

10 Responses to What Was Mo’Nique’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

1. Julia March 18, 2010 at 08:50 #

She glowed in the Reem Acra, which was my favourite. I love these polls – we can’t let awards season go just yet! I know you’re very busy but will you be doing one on Sandra Bullock or Vera Farmiga – they had some great looks, Sandra especially.

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 10:19 #

Sandra will be on Friday and Vera on Monday…drrraaaaggginng it out :)

2. Linda March 18, 2010 at 12:03 #

So many to choose from for her, but I had to go with the gold Reem Acra bc I remember when I first saw it I was floored.

3. shubby doo March 18, 2010 at 13:13 #

loved her at the naacp awards…only time i’d ever describe her as demur or angelic…but cant deny that the reem acra dress for the golden globes should be the winner…those hairy legs are still giving me the shakes *shivers*

4. shubby doo March 18, 2010 at 13:13 #

loved her at the naacp awards…only time i’d ever describe her as demure or angelic…but cant deny that the reem acra dress for the golden globes should be the winner…those hairy legs are still giving me the shakes *shivers*

5. mol March 18, 2010 at 15:02 #

Definitly the Reem Acra – she looked perfect in that.

6. donna March 18, 2010 at 15:48 #

U missed the blue gown she wore to i think one of the Oscar after parties. It was her best look hands down

7. Lucie March 18, 2010 at 16:20 #

I think the Reem Acra is the prettiest, the color looks fantastic on her and she just shines. Although the dress she wore to the naacp image awards was gorgeous… definitely my number two pic.

I think wearing a short dress with legs looking like that is horrible and should be put on worst dressed list no matter what.

8. Em March 19, 2010 at 00:11 #

golden globes in reem acra. the color looks divine on her skin tone.