18.03.10 Premiere

“The Runaways” New York Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Emilio Pucci

Kristen Stewart walked the red carpet at the New York premiere of “The Runaways” last night sporting a new hairstyle. Woot woot.

We were commenting on how she could try to do something new with her hair, and here we have a sleek updo with a few pieces falling down one side of her face to keep the look modern.

Many of you noted a change from her walking the red carpet at the Oscars, but I feel it was from the “The Runaways” LA premiere.

This time last year Kristen would’ve looked like she had to be wrestled into this Emilio Pucci sparkling strapless mini dress, but here she stands tall with plenty of confidence.

I love the dress – she’s clearly having a mini moment – but the black Sergio Rossi heels are killing me.

With all those colours on her dress you would’ve thought her stylist would have picked one to match her dress.

Baby steps…

[nggallery id=368]

Credit: Fame Pictures, London Features & Zuma

Who Wore Chanel Better...Diane Kruger or Lily Allen?

Who Wore Chanel Better…Diane Kruger or Lily Allen?

In Blake Lively's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Lace Bustier Dress

In Blake Lively’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Lace Bustier Dress

43 Responses to “The Runaways” New York Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Emilio Pucci

1. Alexia March 18, 2010 at 10:59 #

I love the dress on her, it’s so much Kristen Stewart-ish but she could just wore a nice necklace to go with the dress, it looks like something is missing.
    Nice try with the hair but I still don’t like it. As I said before, she looks WAY better with longer hair.
    The make-up is also really nice. I like the sparkle of colour that the pink lipstick adds.

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 11:11 #

I think a necklace would have been overkill. The dress needed to stand alone.

I also think if she had worn a necklace, she would’ve been accused of trying to hard :)

• whitestroke March 20, 2010 at 01:17 #

I always think Kristen’s looks are missing something, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The necklaces would be too much, yet I couldn’t figure out what is it. After much deliberation I decided that what’s missing are always monotone shoes PLUS no clutch. You don’t have to carry a clutch every time, but it’s a nice touch from time to time. It would complete the outfit here.

2. Sonja March 18, 2010 at 11:08 #

Not a fan of Kristen, but I give where credit is due- she looks amazing here. Stunning!

3. Julie March 18, 2010 at 11:11 #

It seems like she is starting reading this blog on a regular basis ;-)

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 11:12 #

LOL…you never know. ;)

4. Isabella Vegas March 18, 2010 at 11:17 #

Agree a 100 percent with how confident she looks in the mini dress. It also looks really well fitted for her. Let he stylist have an epiphany PRONTO on her shoes. Those don’t compliment her dress at all, actually it kind of downgrades it for me.

She has never looked this good and the hair and shade of lipstick look divine on her.

5. Leelah March 18, 2010 at 11:19 #

Ahh that girl and Miley need some help with their posture!! It’s horrid.
    Seeing her with the makeup makes me realise how little of it she wears normally.
    Gorgeous dress, she looks beautiful.

6. Elise March 18, 2010 at 11:38 #

I love this look, she looked so good. I love her hair and make up.
    However like always I don’t like her posture, and her body looks weird, it looks like she has no muscles.

7. Lala Vasquin March 18, 2010 at 11:50 #

ok so what color shoes should she have worn? Pink….red….nude? i’m not sure what color i would have paired that dress with. FC what do you think? i’m really bad when it comes to shoes.

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 11:58 #

Silver would have been the obvious choice, but also pewter or I would have gone crazy and worn green heels

8. Anna March 18, 2010 at 12:04 #

I agree with Julie – I think Kristen must be sneaking peeks at this blog! The hair and make up looks fantastic, dress is gorgeous (I’m not even going to start on the posture but it needs work…), shoes next on list for her to learn from you FC… :)

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 12:19 #

If she wears a stunning pair of non black heels next time out then I will say she reads this blog ;)

• Anna March 18, 2010 at 14:23 #

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed!

• Emily March 18, 2010 at 18:29 #

She must be reading this. I feel really happy for her that she is just looking so much more fabulous and more confident in her own skin.

Right, I think we should have a bit of fun and instead of BDOTW lets do a vote on the ultimate shoe we would love to see KS in.

FC post your best 10 you think would suit her and lets take a vote!

9. Oana March 18, 2010 at 12:09 #

The dress is great, although the heels really don’t go with it and she manages to ruin it completely. No matter what she wears looks awful on her. Don’t get it why she is considered to be so fashion savvy.
    The shoes would have looked great also in nude, making the safest choice.

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 12:18 #

I don’t think anyone considers her fashion savvy, but we are noticing a shift in attitude and a willingness to accept that this red carpet thing is part of her job description which is mostly what I’ve focused on.

• shubby doo March 18, 2010 at 12:47 #

3 weeks ago, i would have agreed with you. there has been a change…a positive one…it’s right to acknowledge it…she doesn’t look awful on in the limelight anymore…self belief is half the battle and one i think she has won

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 13:06 #

absolutely

10. a March 18, 2010 at 12:15 #

I love her dress. Silver heels wouldve taken this look up a notch.
    and Dakota looks equally stunning.. :)

11. Nikki March 18, 2010 at 12:19 #

I love the dress. So pretty! And Kristen looks pretty too. I’m glad that she’s improving her style on the red carpet and she does look more comfortable. And the dress gives her cleavage and shows off her legs. She’s wearing a pink lipstick too, which is unusual.

Maybe a pair of shoes similar to the color of the gold/pewter on her dress would work.

12. mm March 18, 2010 at 12:24 #

Love this dress! I am so glad she seems to be making a change for the better. No confidence and shyness doesnt work on the red carpet.

13. Via March 18, 2010 at 12:26 #

I think maybe the Sergio Rossi heels Anna Kendrick wore with the Alberta Ferretti dress, or something similar to that would’ve looked good with Kristen’s dress. It just hit me as a better choice then black, especially when the shoes are so “big” as the Rossi are. When its such a gorgeous dress, its a shame that black yet again ruins a great look.

14. shubby doo March 18, 2010 at 12:45 #

wow…giving her props from the smile, the dress and the hair…3 cheers…hurray

baby steps i agree but i dont think we will have to wait long…the positive transformation has been quite rapid…good for her… the shoes choices will get sorted soon

15. ullis March 18, 2010 at 13:15 #

white or blue heels would have been really nice!

Amazing dress! She looks gorgeous, but I think a headband would have been really cute with this dress!

16. Chloe March 18, 2010 at 13:33 #

Love the hair and the pink lipstick.
    Don’t love the shoes either, but Kristen seems to love them very much. She’s worn these to quite a few events!
    Maybe they’re just really comfortable?

17. Nicola March 18, 2010 at 13:41 #

Someone needs to give that girl some posing lessons! It would do her a lot of favours.

18. mochababe73 March 18, 2010 at 14:31 #

Can someone please show this girl how to have better posture? This slouching thing is getting old. She has a dress that is perfectly hers with a pair of killer heels and a slamming body. Her make-up and hair go perfectly with it. And, all that I can think about is her posture.

19. mol March 18, 2010 at 14:53 #

I like your idea of green shoes F.C., but in the meantime I’m ok with the black, and anyway, I think she looks outstanding here!

20. Beatriz Duarte March 18, 2010 at 15:34 #

WOOT WOOT! She looks perfect! With this hair and make-up, I can’t even bother with her shoe choice. She’s so pretty and I’m glad she’s improving her style. I just can’t stand her posture… But she’s getting there!

21. sienna March 18, 2010 at 17:27 #

i really do not like this look.her posture, the shoes and the still bad hair ruins it

22. Coco March 18, 2010 at 17:55 #

I just gotta say…Sergio Rossi makes those shoes in satin pewter and a blue color to match her dress. I’ve seen actresses like Vanessa Hudgens and Anna Kendrick wearing them…so there really wasn’t any reason for her to wear the black pair. In fact, Kristen wore the ivory color on the New Moon promo tour – even that would’ve been less harsh.

23. kc March 18, 2010 at 20:13 #

lovely dress. idk if its the posture but it just looks ill-fitting on her.

24. wilwarin March 18, 2010 at 21:52 #

i think it’s nice to see kristen confident and i love her make up… i’m begining to think that all stars are getting unimaginative shoes memo that we don’t know of.

25. pipsqueak March 19, 2010 at 04:58 #

Who’s her stylist?! Got to be some hanger-on who poses as a stylist. Can this person find a balance between the red carpet stereotype and the real Kristen Stewart? Why is Kristen always forced into some ultra-feminine and sexy mold? Alexa Chung should be her stylist instead. Kristen’s best red carpet look is, I think, at the 2009 MTV Awards, where she was in a Yigal Azrouël dress and a pair of Converse hi-tops.

• whitestroke March 20, 2010 at 01:21 #

I agree with every word you said. That was my fav look of hers, too.

26. pascha March 19, 2010 at 06:19 #

Not happy about the shoe choice but very glad to see her accessorise that dress with a genuine smile. :)

Now that we know she isn’t too afraid of colour do you think there will be a chance to see her in some Chris Kane, Schwab/Halston, or Rodarte FC?

• Fashion Critic March 19, 2010 at 07:44 #

let’s hope so.

I think they are all great brands for her.

27. Memeea March 19, 2010 at 11:09 #

She looks nice but….haven’t we seen this shoes on her before?

28. whitestroke March 20, 2010 at 02:11 #

Simple black pumps and/or peep-toes are a boring unimaginative choice with anything. But when you have a person who wears them with everything even though they don’t do anything for any of her looks, that’s where the real annoyance starts. I have nothing against the girl, but her stylist (or whoever it is) is seriously making me want to kick his ass. I don’t even like hair and makeup here. I like the idea behind it, but the execution looks unprofessional, in the lack of a better term. As if her teenage friends did her hair and makeup 10 mins before she went out.

29. jennifer March 20, 2010 at 02:46 #

I love the dress too and maybe I would have chosen different shoes too and a necklace but she looked great anyway.