“The Runaways” New York Premiere – Dakota Fanning In Elie Saab Couture

Dakota Fanning walked the red carpet at “The Runaways” New York premiere with Kristen Stewart where they were joined by Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, who the young actresses portray in the movie.

Looking like tinkerbell in her nude embroidered baby doll Elie Saab Spring 2010 dress, Dakota glowed on the red carpet.

The gorgeous dress has an open back and cap sleeves which make this dress so pretty.

She’s swiftly becoming a favourite of mine as she’s always sophisticated, age appropriate and adorable to boot.

Unlike Kristen, Dakota made the right shoe choice, wearing a pair Brian Atwood nude suede “Maniac” pumps.

BDOTW contender in my eyes. What about yours?

[nggallery id=369]

Credit: Style.com, Zuma & London Features

Blake Lively In Marchesa - Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

Blake Lively In Marchesa – Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - Z Spoke by Zac Posen Polka Dot Flared Dress

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – Z Spoke by Zac Posen Polka Dot Flared Dress

34 Responses to “The Runaways” New York Premiere – Dakota Fanning In Elie Saab Couture

1. Nikki March 18, 2010 at 12:23 #

I completely agree with everything. I love the style of the dress. But I think she should have made her eye makeup a little bit more dramatic or put on a little more color on her lips to avoid looking too pale.

But she definitely exudes grace and style for someone so young. Definitely BDOTW contender for sure.

• ullis March 18, 2010 at 13:13 #

true. she looks a bit too pale…more blush/a little bit of lipstick would have been nice!

2. Ayvee March 18, 2010 at 12:43 #

Wow! Dakota looks amazing without trying to look so much older than she is. Definitely a BDOTW contender.

• Alina March 18, 2010 at 13:54 #

I agree.
      BDOTW contender.

3. Mahima March 18, 2010 at 12:48 #

Yeah, so much better than the rest of the teenagers.
    she has class and grace.

4. Angie March 18, 2010 at 13:07 #

the dress is so gorgeous, but she could try to do something new with her hair…

• Chloe March 18, 2010 at 13:35 #

Completely agree! No one ever mentions it but she always wears her hair like this;p
      “if it ain’t broke…”-kind of applies to Dakota’s hair

5. ullis March 18, 2010 at 13:12 #

gorg!!!

6. Chloe March 18, 2010 at 13:35 #

Love-love-love the dress!

7. Nicola March 18, 2010 at 13:39 #

Stunning! She’s so naturally pretty, I love the minimal make up on her. I think anymore would spoil the innocence of her look.

• Victoria March 18, 2010 at 14:39 #

Agree! Natural suits Dakota just fine and I like it that way. :D Oh and definitely BDOTW contender. :)

8. ~abi~ March 18, 2010 at 14:22 #

so lovely and refreshing!

9. mochababe73 March 18, 2010 at 14:27 #

She looks so cute and age appropriate. Maybe Miley and Taylor Momsen need to take notes. Usually I don’t like nude dresses, but I can’t find anything wrong about her look.

10. sujaya March 18, 2010 at 15:01 #

omg this girl always gets it right doesnt she..n i cant get over how beautiful she is…

11. mol March 18, 2010 at 15:04 #

She does look angelic, very pretty girl – she gave a good interview with Jimmy Fallon, loved her microphone act!

12. Beatriz Duarte March 18, 2010 at 15:35 #

I think she always look age appropriate, you know, cute and still sophisticated. Love it! BDOTW definitely!

13. Ev March 18, 2010 at 15:42 #

I am in love with this look. So delicate, light and natural. Definetely BDOTW worthy.

14. Pablo March 18, 2010 at 18:26 #

What i’m gonna say may not be very popular but I kinda feel couture is a little over-the-top for a sixteen year old.

Don’t missunderstand me: the dress is absolutely gorgeous, and she looks stunning in it, but I think she could wear something equally nice but more in accordance to the life of a sixteen-year-old.

I mean: couture is supposed to be fashion’s maximum expression, couture is all about the most elaborate and sofisticated pieces, and i feel that when teenagers wear them to a premiere, it’s kind of “wasting the piece”.

I insist, it’s just an opinion, and I think she looks beautiful, and that she’s a really nice girl and a promising star!! :)

• stinalotta March 18, 2010 at 20:43 #

thing is, HER 16-year-old life leads to her being a star who makes appearances on the red carpet.

and as a red carpet outift, what is more appropriate for a 16 year old than a glittering short baby doll dress?

• Pristine March 21, 2010 at 00:51 #

I agree with Pablo. As much as I’m in love with Dakota on the red carpet, I wished she sometimes would wear clothes that other teenagers could aspire to. (Kinda like Michelle Obama mixing up her wardrobe.) Stinalotta, I see your point about Dakota being a movie star, but she has always tried to position herself as the normal girl next door, and it’d be nice if a few of her red carpet choices could reflect that. As it is, her fashion strategy seems to be taking beautiful couture and making it more youthful and perhaps accessible. But wouldn’t it be nice to see her also work that strategy backwards: taking a nice high street dress, or shoes, and making it red carpet worthy?

15. shalini March 18, 2010 at 18:31 #

this girl is gettin more n more beautiful by the day

16. justme March 18, 2010 at 19:11 #

I’m kinda impressed by Dakota. For a 16 y-o, her awareness of what people expect from her (via her fashion) is pretty on point: she dresses age appropriate but isn’t boring. I like it.

17. P. March 18, 2010 at 19:16 #

W*O*W !!!

That’s why I love Dakota !! I love her dress, Elie Saab plus Dakota are a flawless combination. He criates divines fairtytale dresses and it’s the kind of dress that looks so cute and gorgeous on Dakota. It’s such a shame that she didn’t put on a little more color on her lips to avoid looking too pale. Still looking outstanding.

P.S. She never disappoint us talking about shoes choice, her Brian Atwood Maniac Pumps with towering heels are TO DIE FOR, I prefer the heels in suede than original patent leather.

No doubts, BDOTW !!!

18. a March 18, 2010 at 19:24 #

she’s very graceful isnt she.. the way she carry herself.

19. Rita March 18, 2010 at 20:02 #

I love the dress but I would’ve wanted to see it on someone else

20. f4fashion March 18, 2010 at 20:20 #

Who knew that this young woman can pull off couture like this? first Valentino then our red carpet king Elie saab…amazing. I would’ve picked another dress from the collection though(the mini with rushed skirt) and yes Pablo, maybe to a bigger event.

21. wilwarin March 18, 2010 at 21:54 #

i love the dress it’s beautiful dress but i need some colour in this look… all this creamy just washes her out…

22. Nana March 18, 2010 at 23:52 #

she needs a new hair style…gorgeous dress, not sure about the pumps

23. pipsqueak March 19, 2010 at 04:46 #

Definitely a strong contender! I couldn’t care less about the Gossip Girl girls or pseudo celebs from reality TV, regardless how fancy their wardrobes are. Of the serious, gifted and young actresses, Fanning and Emma Roberts really stand out as the best dressed.

24. Omi March 19, 2010 at 05:18 #

She looks like a little fairy, so pretty!!!!!
    Definitely a BDOTW contender.

25. pascha March 19, 2010 at 09:59 #

Wow! Would be surprised if she wins BDOTW hands down.

She is just the kind of girl who should be wearing the Christopher Kane dress Freida Pinto ‘tried’ to wear. Or any dress from that particular collection!

And the full runway look of course, not a diluted down dress with the sleeves and frills bloody cut off! Hehe sorry FC… it annoys me when stylists make design changes like that. ;)

26. whitestroke March 20, 2010 at 02:19 #

Look at little Dakota, working Couture for the 2nd time in a row and looking amazing. The dress is lovely on her, the shoes are not black pumps (!!!) and her makeup is flawless, too. It’s very natural and understated, just enhancing her real innocent beauty, thus age appropriate. Watch and learn, Kristen(‘s stylist)! Watch and learn.

27. Sue Jin March 21, 2010 at 23:51 #

I think there hasn’t been a dress or style I haven’t liked on her yet! She’s blooming.