“The Today Show” – Catherine Zeta Jones In Oscar de la Renta

Catherine Zeta-Jones recently appeared on NBC’s “Today” show to celebrate Elizabeth Arden’s 100 anniversary.

The Broadway star appears to be channeling Dita von Teese here, with the black wavy hair, pale complexion and red lips.

Catherine wore a black and white Oscar de la Renta Resort 2010 dress with a red belt to match her red lips.

The 40 year old actress looks to have lost those famous curves she promised us she’d never lose, but I’m sure that’s down to dancing every night in her Broadway musical “A Little Night Music”.

Black pumps completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Rex

In Sandra Bullock's Closet - Alberta Ferretti Striped Chiffon Gown

In Sandra Bullock’s Closet – Alberta Ferretti Striped Chiffon Gown

In Michelle Monaghan's Closet - Calvin Klein Washed Silk-Blend Dress

In Michelle Monaghan’s Closet – Calvin Klein Washed Silk-Blend Dress

23 Responses to “The Today Show” – Catherine Zeta Jones In Oscar de la Renta

1. Brooke March 17, 2010 at 15:10 #

The outfit is fine but doesn’t wow me. This comment is mostly about how I thought it was commonly accepted that she is 10 years older than her official age – she sure looks it here.

2. Chloe March 17, 2010 at 15:12 #

I much prefer the runway belt to the belt Catherine chose to wear.
    And I kind of think this outfit, or maybe the styling or picture, makes her look quite old.
    So I don’t really like it

3. chrystelle March 17, 2010 at 15:32 #

WTH happened to her? she looks lost in the outfit.please get your curves back.she looks skinnier than the model and that is saying something.

• Alena March 17, 2010 at 18:17 #

I absolutely agree! I want curvy and beautiful Catherine back!!!

4. ImanLover March 17, 2010 at 15:34 #

I was browsing something else when I opened this page and accidentally scrolled down…I didn’t see her face and I thought it was Dita!!!
    Not only the dress, but her carriage, and the HAIR=Dita.
    She does look gorgeous though

• ber March 17, 2010 at 15:41 #

I thought it was Dita, as well. Catherine was one of my red carpet favorites, but somewhere along the past 10 years, she’s lost the magic.

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2010 at 15:48 #

She was mine to.

The magic has surely gone

5. Julie March 17, 2010 at 15:48 #

The outfit is just ok, not brilliant not bad either…It’s her hair and the make up, defenitely she did something to her face, a friend sent me a picture take closer and I still in shock: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/gentes/fotos_gente/2010/03/17/

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2010 at 15:53 #

OMG

• Linda March 18, 2010 at 01:32 #

What the? There’s something seriously wrong here. LOL.

6. Grace March 17, 2010 at 16:00 #

she’s soo skinny. she used to be so hot

7. LeeAnn March 17, 2010 at 16:24 #

I think Michael made a pact with the Devil where he stays the same and she ages instead. She looks a good 10 years older. That is what happens if you smoke.

• bettybrandenburg March 17, 2010 at 16:41 #

He didn’t make a pact with a devil: he had a face lift (remember the beard? it was hiding the new face so that we were all duped into thinking that’s what he looked like pre-beard…). As to CZJ, she looks stressed and thin, but it could just be a bad photograph, people!

• LeeAnn March 17, 2010 at 16:47 #

I have recently seen a lot of bad photsos of her -she is getting very unlucky

8. Ksenia March 17, 2010 at 16:47 #

She looks ten years older than she is!

9. Laura March 17, 2010 at 18:45 #

There’s only one Dita, and I don’t feel Catherine does the look near as well as Dita. If only she’d have done her hair differently, I would’ve liked the look more.

10. Laura March 17, 2010 at 19:00 #

The weight loss, combined with makeup that’s too harsh for her, has definitely aged her a great deal. She usually has a tan and dewy skin. The strong black liner and powdered face are poor choices… and the pattern in the dress hides her still ample curves up top, tho she does seem to have lost her hips – from the dancing, I’m sure.

11. Ally March 17, 2010 at 22:12 #

It is an okay look, but I have to agree with the other posters that want her to gain back some of her weight. She looks amazing with a few more curves.

12. Sharon March 17, 2010 at 23:12 #

Oh my! Off the stage and back to California for her. She is not looking good.

13. Ev March 18, 2010 at 01:09 #

Maybe it’s just her hair, but her head looks too big for her too thin body. So disproportional…
    The dress is beautiful, although I wish she’d lost that unnecessary belt.

14. mochababe73 March 18, 2010 at 01:55 #

I love the dress, but everything else looks horrid. That make-up and hair ages her something terrible.

15. whitestroke March 18, 2010 at 21:50 #

Everyone’s got a different biological clock. She always looked way older than she is. I don’t think this hair ages her. Even younger girls could wear hair like this for a retro look. And she doesn’t look that bad in her face from this distance either. It’s just the attitude. She’s got an old soul. She carries herself like an old woman. I wanted to say she seems like the generation of Helen Mirren or something, but then I bit my tongue. Because Helen acts much younger than she is. It wouldn’t be fair to use HER as an example for Catherine’s real mental age.

16. Raquel March 18, 2010 at 23:35 #

I don’t even think she was channeling Dita, but trying to challenge “casual” Hollywood glamour… but it ages her soooo much.

And someone give girlfrind a sandwich, she looks unhealthy.