Runway To “Good Morning America” – Jessica Simpson In Giambattista Valli

Jessica Simpson appears to be going for a more sophisticated look to promote her new show, ‘The Price of Beauty’.

We’ve seen her wear L’Wren Scott and Dolce & Gabbana, and for her appearance on “Good Morning America” yesterday she wore a Giambattista Valli silk dress.

Giambattista Valli is definitely the way to go to achieve chic sophisticated dressing.

Her striking red Giambattista Valli Resort 2010 dress hugs those curves she’s so very proud of. It has a deep v back and bow details on the sleeves.

The singer paired her dress with burgundy YSL Trib Two’s and a hot red lippie.

She seems to like this calf length – as seen with her L’Wren Scott dress – so we better get used to it.

What do you think of Jessica’s new look?

Is it a step in the right direction, or should she stick to her mom jeans?

[nggallery id=364]

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin, Fame Pictures & Famous

In Jessica Simpson's Closet - Giambattista Valli Red Dress

In Jessica Simpson’s Closet – Giambattista Valli Red Dress

“Chloe” New York Premiere – Julianne Moore In Calvin Klein

“Chloe” New York Premiere – Julianne Moore In Calvin Klein

34 Responses to Runway To “Good Morning America” – Jessica Simpson In Giambattista Valli

1. mm March 16, 2010 at 15:42 #

Stick to the dresses. And she should promote her accessories line also, it’s doing well.

2. shap_half March 16, 2010 at 15:43 #

The length is so unflattering. She just lacks fashion acumen. The combination of the dress and the platforms makes her look so much heavier.

3. Symon March 16, 2010 at 15:52 #

Its not working for me, her body is not made for this kind of dresses. it’s too “madame” for her…

4. Julie March 16, 2010 at 16:00 #

I agree with all the coments above, wrong length and heavy shoes… By the other hand, she’s so curvy that I think perhaps she could try a soft “pin up” style, I’m not saying a copy of Ditta Von Tesse, but something in that direction…

5. Brooke March 16, 2010 at 16:00 #

I think she could do much better than she has been with just a few tweaks – it’s time to find a new stylist. Obviously the dress is not to blame, but that is NOT a good length for her. She needs it hemmed to above the knee and tapered. Otherwise this is a great choice. She is by no means a big girl but the poor attention to detail is doing her no favors.

6. Marvel March 16, 2010 at 16:01 #

I really like the dress but hate her in it. The length is so unflattering as ‘shap_half’ said and I think if she punched it up with a statement necklace and un-trib two’s shoes, I wouldve liked it a lot more

7. ber March 16, 2010 at 16:07 #

Not only is the length unflattering, but so is the neckline. She’s bust, so something v-necked would look better. But I have to give her credit for going for a mature look, just needs to work on the execution!

8. LeeAnn March 16, 2010 at 16:07 #

this is the look that POSH has down pat. But it doesn’t work on curvy figures-it should but it doesn’t

9. Snarky Sharky March 16, 2010 at 16:24 #

I think, the shoes are wrong, but the dress itself looks good on her.

10. Jeremy March 16, 2010 at 16:34 #

Wow, she gone from red carpet so long I didn’t realize how curvy she is. If she’s happy with her body, then I’m happy for her. But let’s cut the “Victoria Beckham style” right now. It does not suit her. I want to see her in a more relaxing and earthly style. Like Stella, Marni or Ralph Lauren, how’s that?

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2010 at 16:38 #

Co-sign on the alternative designers.

She became more curvy only since dating Tony Romo

• Laura March 16, 2010 at 18:38 #

Very good suggestions.

Plus, I don’t think this very buttoned up style suits her personality.

Knee-length, softer necklines, flirty details, lighter shoes…

11. Allie March 16, 2010 at 19:19 #

I think its just the length thats a problem. it would work better on a woman who is bottom heavy rather than top heavy. And I agree, she needs a lower neckline and not a structured shoulder.

12. doc March 16, 2010 at 20:50 #

This dress is all wrong on her. She doesn’t have a well-defined waist and hips anymore, so she looks like a big orange rectangle. And she is diminishing her best asset, her breasts. Just because they are big does not mean they have to be smashed down or even hidden. The length combined with the shoes makes her look stumpy.

13. mari March 16, 2010 at 21:10 #

even some looks of Christina Hendricks are more youthful and flirty than this too mature look. I bet her stylist can do better, this is what a mom would wear to a church party or something. She is not a 15 yr old, but the accessories or the dress could do more for her.

14. Sharon March 16, 2010 at 21:24 #

I like the way Jessica’s body looks these days, but I think she ought to study some photos of Marilyn Monroe for fashion inspiration. They’re built similarly and Jessica would look terrific in the softer, low-cut styles that Marilyn wore.

15. fiona4802 March 16, 2010 at 21:35 #

She needs to shorten the dress a little. She’s naturally a broad-shouldered girl so emphasising that with a wide, puffy sleeve was perhaps not the most flattering thing to do. The whole outfit makes her look short and broad which is a shame ’cause she’s an attractive girl with a lovely figure.

16. Willa March 16, 2010 at 22:48 #

The shoulders on that dress make her look way bigger than she actually is. I’m not really a fan of this prim and proper looks she’s been doing lately.

17. Gaber March 16, 2010 at 23:26 #

It’s so refreshing to see woman who is not afraid to look this awful!

18. DM March 17, 2010 at 00:12 #

i’d hate to say it, but she needs to drop a few pounds! with this “thicker” jessica, her bust gets so big that is makes her look fat, even tho she really isnt! dropping 10 pounds would do her some good in the boob department.

19. mochababe73 March 17, 2010 at 00:19 #

As a fellow curvy/voluptuous woman, I would have NEVER gone out with in that dress. It does nothing to flatter her figure. The dress looks amazing on the model but dowdy on Jessica. Make the dress strapless and a little shorter, that may redeem this look.
    On a lighter note, those shoes are gorgeous.

20. AA March 17, 2010 at 01:15 #

Can I just ask WHY?? OH WHY is she wearing those shoes with that dress. EXTREMELY unflattering for her, which is a shame because she is a beautiful girl. Time for a new stylist perhaps?

21. Beatrice March 17, 2010 at 01:29 #

I don’t think Stella would suit her body type but maybe Ralph Lauren. She needs to wear designers that will play her curve and make her look sexy and youthful. I think l’wren, DVF would be good choices

22. Raquel March 17, 2010 at 02:46 #

Okay…. Jessica doesn’t have the tiniest of tiny waists, so what? Should she stick to shapeless dresses? I don’t think so. I think it works *except* for the length. The calf lenght is unflattering on statuesque Nicole Kidman, never mind Jessica Simpson. She has great legs, she should have modified the dress to knee lenght or three inches over the knee length.

The shoes are wrong too, and I believe that the whole emsemble would have been more elegant with her hair up.

23. Kiwi March 17, 2010 at 05:38 #

The shoes are all wrong and the length has to be shorter

24. Louise March 17, 2010 at 08:39 #

I agree with all those who’ve said it doesn’t suit. Its a gorgeous dress and she’s a beautiful girl, but this doesn’t work at all. She’s got a long body and short legs, so she should be going for a much shorter skirt. And a V neck would avoid the bust as shelf look.
    I think she needs something cinched, otherwise she has no waist.
    Get this girl a new stylist, definitely.

25. Rach March 17, 2010 at 18:34 #

I hope she works out how unflattering this length is sooner rather than later. It killed the L’Wren Scott dress, which I actually really liked (as FC showed us, the length alteration made all the difference on Reese Witherspoon) and it’s killing this look too. Shame.

26. Yu March 17, 2010 at 20:19 #

This is just horrible!!! It is unbelievable how a beautiful dress can be made so horrible on a woman like this!!!

27. whitestroke March 18, 2010 at 01:17 #

Everything works above the knees.

There’s too much red, though. With the lips and the dress and the shoes. She could have ditched one of them for another color.

28. susan March 18, 2010 at 05:00 #

reminds me of a poofy 80’s shoulder on a bad bridesmaid dress. not flatering

29. Maria March 19, 2010 at 01:36 #

Almost love this. The color is gorgeous but she shouldn’t wear a bright solid color like this when the dress is that long.

30. Anna March 19, 2010 at 23:40 #

I love that her style has changed so much! She looks fantastic. That said, this is the second time I’ve seen her wear dresses with this hem length, and it ain’t working for me!

31. sue March 24, 2010 at 02:04 #

She is trying to look classy after jhon mayer mades usch un classsy remarks, she realy should stop telling the cow pee story on every show its getting old and it is just gross that she would ever drink piss

32. Ethne Blist November 18, 2010 at 15:30 #

I think she looks wonderful. I love EVERYTHING about this look. She is trying to reinvent herself, so we all need to give her a second chance. Her burgundy YSL heels are to die for.