12.03.10 Best Dressed

Which Was Zoe Saldana’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

With Thandie Newton seemingly retired from the red carpet, I’ve been looking for someone to take her place.

Thandie always gave us nothing but 100% perfection on the red carpet. She was consistent, elegant, sophisticated, chic and not afraid to wear unknown designers.

Zoe Saldana has taken the baton from Thandie and run both hard and fast with it.

She introduced us to Prabal Gurung and has lit up every red carpet she’s graced.

She was our red carpet queen of 2009 and shows no sign of slowing down in 2010.

My favourite look of Awards Season was her Givenchy Couture Oscar dress.

She showed no fear in this gown. I love her for that and making many of our red carpet dreams come true.

The Oscars can often be a bit of an anti-climax as everyone goes safe, but Zoe stepped up and took first prize.

Credit: London Features

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

What Was Carey Mulligan’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

What Was Carey Mulligan’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

25 Responses to Which Was Zoe Saldana’s Best Red Carpet Awards Season Moment?

1. shubby doo March 12, 2010 at 07:48 #

her oscars outfit stands out by a mile…classy woman cos no matter what she wears…she owns it

2. Victoria March 12, 2010 at 07:59 #

The oscars gown!!! :D I really liked the DGA and critic’s choice looks as well but nothing beats the oscar look. :D

3. Jeremy March 12, 2010 at 08:34 #

I have no choice but vote for that Oscar Party dress. It was the most poetic dress I’ve ever seen- absolutely sublime. From the moment I saw it on Style.com, I prayed that Jennifer Connelly will wear it at the Oscar. I am rather happy that Zoe- an equally beautiful goddess wore it. But either that dress or the other one, she’s deserves the best dress title.

4. Tracey March 12, 2010 at 09:46 #

I’m sorry but I still think the Oscar gown looks like a big purple fluffy animal has almost finished eating a big black fluffy animal. Also, does toilet roll holder not come to mind? But, I do love her other dresses – everyone of them!

• Leti March 12, 2010 at 16:33 #

I agree. Zoe looked beautiful, as always, but I just didn’t like this dress. Besides the ruffles, I didn’t like the slit in the front, or her shoes.

5. Lexa March 12, 2010 at 09:47 #

Oscar party dress for me :) close behind: the Oscrars gown and that great Giambattista Valli ensemble :)

6. Erini March 12, 2010 at 11:49 #

Hard to choose, they are all so different, yet she is stunning in all of them. I admire her for taking the risk with her oscar gown- which was an incredible choice. I am sure many of you saw that her choice did get a lot of negative press on various channels !!!

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 11:54 #

I wasn’t surprised about the negative comments. It wasn’t a safe choice. People like safe

7. Alexandra March 12, 2010 at 12:48 #

Zoe is always absolutely outstanding, but at the Oscars she has outdone herself!

8. Davor March 12, 2010 at 13:27 #

I was absolutely surprised when I saw how many web sites put Zoe Saldana Givenchy Couture Oscars look in WORST DRESSED category. I THINK IT WAS THE MOST INTERESTING OSCARS LOOK WE’VE SEEN IN YEARS! It has everything: glamour, color, drama, elegance… I don’t understand why people hate this look. I mean, Sandra Bullock looked good in Marchesa. But there was no that “WOW” factor which Zoe Saldana has in this gown. So, when I saw these “lists” I was asking myself: “What’s wrong with people?”

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 14:29 #

agreed. Best in a long time

• michelle March 12, 2010 at 14:58 #

ditto, but a lot of the fashion bloggers loved it so my faith in sanity is restored

• whitestroke March 12, 2010 at 21:20 #

General public is fashion illiterate. They wouldn’t get a fashion-forward dress even if it bit them in the ass.

9. Ksenia March 12, 2010 at 15:30 #

I am struggling between the stunning Louis Vuitton and Givenchy gowns…

10. Pablo March 12, 2010 at 16:41 #

You know what the toughest poll would be? Diane at the Sag Awards versus Zoe at the Oscars! I think that would tear the internet apart! :)

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 17:08 #

Gonna do a poll of all the winners from each poll at the end.

11. Brooke March 12, 2010 at 16:46 #

I have such a major fashion crush on Zoe it is hard to choose which look of hers was the best since they are all winners for different reasons. I went with the Oscar party Givenchy for the reasons mentioned by Jeremy above, but it breaks my heart not to acknowledge the Giambattista Valli (which I ADORED) and her crazy/beautiful Oscars gown. Other favorites were her grey RM Roland Mouret, her white and silver Versace and her red Prabal Gurung. She is always so impeccable, so PRETTY, that I can’t wait to see more. I also like how she is confident enough to avoid the trap of being unofficial brand ambassador and successfully wearing so many designers.

12. dannyb March 12, 2010 at 21:18 #

have to go for the givenchy couture it was just simply gorgeouse.

13. whitestroke March 12, 2010 at 21:27 #

Givenchy Couture at the Oscar party for me. The close second is Giambattista Valli. I loved that look so much. My least fav one is actually the Golden Globes, but even that one is far from bad. Much more impressive awards season than Diane Kruger, I must say.

14. georgia March 13, 2010 at 04:12 #

I’m absolutely in love with Zoe’s Givenchy Couture gown at the Oscars! I think Zoe is in the lead with the red carpet fashion, she always looks stunning!

15. cindi March 13, 2010 at 04:58 #

recently found your blog; a huge fan!

• Fashion Critic March 13, 2010 at 07:53 #

16. Pez Globo March 15, 2010 at 04:10 #

I go for the givency couture gown she wore at the oscars. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw her at those worst dressed lists. I dont understand it. She was between my favourites and definitely the one that surprised me the most.

17. Sue Jin March 15, 2010 at 08:12 #

that man in the golden globes photo made me LOL.
    She’s so stylish…. it’s so hard to chhooooseeee!

18. Ally March 16, 2010 at 00:01 #

Can I vote for all of them?? I am not crazy about the Golden Globes look, but really she knocked it out of the park every time this season.