“The Runaways” LA Premiere Red Carpet – Kristen Stewart In Doo.Ri

Regulars readers know that if I like something, I like something and if I don’t I don’t, no matter who the celebrity is.

I was delighted to see Kristen Stewart looking very happy on the red carpet at the LA “The Runaways” premiere last night.

She surprised me by wearing this Doo.Ri Spring 2010 dress, because this dress appears to be everything I think Kristen would hate: cute, bubblegum pink and girlie.

I’m equally surprised that I liked her in this dress, because for the first time in a long time she looked happy on the red carpet and comfortable in her own skin.

Confidence is half the attraction, and Kristen had that last night despite not being in her comfort zone wearing this dress.

I still think she would look great in menswear-inspired looks like Evan Rachel Wood, but this look gets a thumbs up from me.

The only downside is that her stylist let her down with the boring black peep-toes. AGAIN.

[nggallery id=360]

Credit: Style.com, Getty, Fame Pictures & London Features

Marie Claire's Inspire & Mentor Campaign Party - Naomie Harris In Victoria Beckham Collection

Marie Claire’s Inspire & Mentor Campaign Party – Naomie Harris In Victoria Beckham Collection

“The Runaways” LA Premiere Red Carpet – Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture

“The Runaways” LA Premiere Red Carpet – Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture

41 Responses to “The Runaways” LA Premiere Red Carpet – Kristen Stewart In Doo.Ri

1. Teresa March 12, 2010 at 11:55 #

Normally I would hate seeing her in something like this because she would look moody and sad but she looks confident and happy so she owns the look! I love her/her stylist for going in a new direction. Hope to see more looks like this in the future

2. shubby doo March 12, 2010 at 12:10 #

i saw a change in her at the oscars…a positive one…now this…i had written her off but hope exists

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 12:17 #

“i had written her off but hope exists”

Indeed. I feel the same way.

• Flutterbang March 13, 2010 at 12:17 #

Absolutely agree. At the Oscars it’s like she got some kind of confidence boost, there was something different. I hope she keeps it up because she could look amazing

• bailey March 14, 2010 at 18:42 #

Yeah i think the oscars was a turning point for little Ms Stewart. She seems almost like shes accepted the fact that she has to be doing her job lol. Whatever that means. Anywho, i loved the dress and i actually loved the shoes too. The thing i hated was her hair. Her face is quite long so a hairstyle that goes straight up like that makes her face even more longer…but overall she looked beautiful. Keep it up Ms Stewart, you rocked that dress along with that new found confidence

3. chloe March 12, 2010 at 12:21 #

I’m so happy you featured this!
    I think she reads your blog, ’cause she got a mani-pedi;p
    The shoes are boring i’ll admit, but besides that i think she looks great and it’s very unexpected!
    Dakota looked great too!

4. Anna March 12, 2010 at 12:21 #

I just wish she did something different with her hair!! She looked really good on Jay Leno – I love when it’s a bit softer. Definitely thumbs up for the dress, really brightens her.

5. Lina March 12, 2010 at 12:30 #

Wow I love this dress! It’s good seeing her confident and smiling =)

• Sue Jin March 15, 2010 at 08:20 #

couldn’t agreee more

6. Eliana March 12, 2010 at 12:32 #

I just think Kristen is so much better than before.. She’s so happy, this movie it’s totally her, we can’t deny, perhaps is the reason of her huge smile!!! :D i just love her when she’s happy and confident like that :D Go Kristen!!

7. shaun March 12, 2010 at 12:52 #

i love the color on her, i would love any color on her besides black every once in a while. However, I love the top half of this DOO.RI dress, but i hate where the waist of this dress hits her, it is too high and it gives her weird proportions

8. Emily March 12, 2010 at 14:08 #

You should post piccys her on Jay Leno – she looked amazing – killer legs with killer heels.

Ok not so fussed about the shoes here but I can live with them. Its the hair which I just don’t like! Her makeup is lovely but I think she should get a new hairstylist….maybe she should employ the person who styled the Harpers shoot with RPatz as she looked amazing in that…..just a thought for her if she does read this blog!!

9. Nikki March 12, 2010 at 14:20 #

I agree with everything.

I was surprised to see her in bubblegum pink, a color I would never thought Kristen Stewart would wear but she totally rocked this outfit. She looks sexy, confident, and happy. She added dark nail polish to make her look not too girly.

10. Noora Al-thani March 12, 2010 at 14:32 #

i just can’t get over the hair >.>
    *sigh*

11. aimé March 12, 2010 at 14:37 #

she even outshines the model! imo.

12. Leslie March 12, 2010 at 14:50 #

She’s trying to grow her hair out from the Runaways and that takes time. It’s in that “in-between” funky stage but it’s looking better every day. A lot of her chestnut, reddish brown hair is coming in too which looks SO much better against her skin. She is such a beautiful girl but she can’t make her hair grow any faster and is styling it the best she can for hair that’s in the process of growing out. A lot of actresses would have worn a wig for The Runaways but Kristen is a pro so cut her some slack.

13. Erin March 12, 2010 at 14:58 #

She looks great and happy. Love the color for this dress! I do think that the black peep-toes look better than the silver ones on the model though.

14. bettybrandenburg March 12, 2010 at 15:14 #

She should have worn nude tights. Her legs look so … cold!

15. Guilianna Vaughn March 12, 2010 at 15:20 #

I agree, it’s a great look for her.

What i really love is the contrast of the color of the dress to her skin and dark hair. It just pops and looks gorgeous! Hope she starts wearing color more often because she it looks stunning against her paler skin and darker hair.

16. Joëlle March 12, 2010 at 15:27 #

I think the reason she felt more at ease is because this premiere is not all about her in twilight, so there are not as much photographers. She looked great here, hoping it will continue

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 15:45 #

i think you are right.

The whole twilight phenomenon overwhelms her

17. Dave March 12, 2010 at 15:28 #

Kristen looks GORGEOUS!!!
    OK’ magazine says: Kristen Stewart looks INCREDIBLE!!!
    Wow…

18. Ksenia March 12, 2010 at 15:29 #

K-Stew gives us color! Bravo. The blackwas starting to kill me. But the shoes…nooo.

19. hache March 12, 2010 at 15:57 #

I really like it
    so young , so fress
    GORGEOUS

20. sharon hobbs March 12, 2010 at 16:23 #

It looks to me like she is fianlly taking more than the aloted five minutes before the event to decide what to wear, and it is paying off. She is stunning in this dress! I like the shoes too.
    I had that hair do when it was in fashion in the early seventies. You can do much more with it than her hair stylist is doing. She needs an older hair sylist that know how to work with the growing out mullet.
    It really can be pretty. All in all- I think she looks Great!

21. mochababe73 March 12, 2010 at 16:24 #

She looks good in this dress. I don’t like it personally because it’s just not my style. She looks better now than she did at the Oscars.

I hate the hair.

22. wilwarin March 12, 2010 at 16:27 #

wow… she looks amazing :)

23. Marvel March 12, 2010 at 16:42 #

I do like the dress and surprisingly her hair but the shoes!!!

I feel like someone should do a ‘Bush’ and throw a shoe at her, preferably not in black!

24. Anne March 12, 2010 at 17:08 #

I love the combination of the bubbly-bright-coloured dress, her brownish makeup and her dark hair. So glad she didn’t over do the makeup and her hair gets better and better! But the shoes are blah.

25. Grace March 12, 2010 at 17:13 #

She looks fine but you’re right …The shoes choice is boring.

26. Omi March 12, 2010 at 17:35 #

Finally, K steps on a right track. The whole look is very cute and relaxed elegant. Maybe it’s not a big WOW look, but for Kristen, it’s a huge progress.
    Keep on good work, girl!

27. Barbara March 12, 2010 at 17:45 #

omg,she looks amazing like she never did before.i know,you are really strickt about black pumps but i think the dress and just the way she looks in them its amazing in spite of that!
    what about BDOWT,FC…..? ;)

28. M March 12, 2010 at 23:47 #

Kristen looks absolutely beautiful and the dress is gorgeous! I would actually wear one myself, too.

• M March 12, 2010 at 23:48 #

(i think she always looks great though…)

29. lan March 13, 2010 at 00:56 #

i thought the same thing when i was looking at photos of her, she just looked so happy! very nice to see.

30. pascha March 13, 2010 at 03:23 #

I’m not a fan of the dress but she actually makes the dress look great! Also to me she looks even prettier than the runway model!

So glad her stylist and hairstylist finally got it right. She’s a gorgeous girl especially when she smiles. I hope we get to see more of this new Kristen because she is really shining here, although it’s a shame about the heels. Would love to see her in some spiky Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte heels one of these days instead of the same peep-toe heels.

I’m not sure about her wearing menswear-inspired looks but if she were to wear a suit I think a McQueen suit could look great on her. I’d love to see her in the McQueen black and white cage/Eiffel printed dress with the sides cut out from his SS/09 collection.

She reminds me a little of the quiet character Ally Sheedy played in The Breakfast Club. A little strange at first but once you get used to her tics and shyness she is utterly charming and sweet. :)

I think she will become more confident when she starts doing more ‘serious’ films after the PR whirlwind that is Twilight.

• Fashion Critic March 13, 2010 at 07:55 #

Kirkwood heels would look amazing on her. Lets hope her stylist reads this :D

• pascha March 15, 2010 at 04:45 #

Oh I hope so FC! :D

I think the spiky heels that Louboutin did for Rodarte a few seasons back would suit her too!

Although part of me thinks she might not be ready for such lethal heels yet. The fact that her stylist has been giving her the same peep-toes leads me to think she might be a little bit of a tomboy and perhaps isn’t used to or not ready to walk in heavier/complicated heels just yet?

31. Elise March 13, 2010 at 14:48 #

I don’t like the dress on Kristen or on the runway, but I have to admit she didn’t look bad, her posture was better.
    I also don’t like the hair.

32. FF March 15, 2010 at 15:22 #

Positive improvement – and good to see.

I’ve felt that she isn’t comfortable in short dresses unless the look appeals to her personally but I seriously had to wonder why someone would wear what they dislike SO OFTEN. My guess is that she was on the fence at some point but has finally decided to work it or not wear it.

Whoever had a little chat with her (even if it was her with herself) gets my vote. Amazing what a change in demeanour can do. I feel the urge to choke her less.

33. whitestroke March 16, 2010 at 17:13 #

Aaaand her stylist fails again. Shoes can make or break the outfit. Every dress can have a different vibe with a different pair of shoes. These type of black peep-toes she keeps wearing with everything DO NOT go with her personality. An edgier shoe would turn this dress into something short and sexy with attitude, instead it just looks like a cutsie dress for a bubblegum teen which does NOT suit Kristen AT ALL. Even Dakota’s shoes have more attitude and she doesn’t even have a BAMF image like Kristen. The way her stylist dresses her seriously reminds me what it would be like if JLo walked the red carpet in sweat pants. It’s THAT absurd and out of character. I really think Kristen would style herself way better. She’d just wear stuff she’s into and it’d be a much better fit.

I also don’t like the way her looks are always with focus on her legs. I don’t like her legs at all, and the way she’s standing doesn’t help either.