Jessica Simpson arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City to appear on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ to promote her new show, ‘The Price of Beauty’.

The singer wore the same L’Wren Scott Spring 2010 fuschia lace dress which Reese Witherspoon wore last year.

Reese had the good sense to shorten the dress as she’s not as tall as the model to carry off this length, but Jessica didn’t.

As a result the dress sits at a very awkward length.

Taking the dress up a few inches would’ve made a whole lot of difference.

She added a black sash to nip her in at the waist separating the top half of the dress from the bottom, which I thought was a great touch as she’s a busty girl.

The black pumps did work for me on this occasion.

In the interview Letterman of course asks her about John Mayer Playboy interview to which she replies, “Normally you’d think someone you care about would keep those intimate details to himself,” she said. “It was definitely a compliment, in a way. I don’t really want people to know that about me. I’m like the good girl, then that happened.”

Credit: Style.com & INFDaily

"The Miracle Worker" Broadway Opening Night Red Carpet - Jennifer Morrison In Bottega Veneta

“The Miracle Worker” Broadway Opening Night Red Carpet – Jennifer Morrison In Bottega Veneta

Runway To "Everything to Me" Music Video - Monica In Alexander McQueen

Runway To “Everything to Me” Music Video – Monica In Alexander McQueen

14 Responses to Runway To “The Late Show with David Letterman” – Jessica Simpson In L’Wren Scott

1. mochababe73 March 12, 2010 at 15:59 #

She looks dowdy and old in this dress. I agree that Jessica should have had it shortened.

But I guess that if you are going to be sitting on national television that you don’t want everyone to see up your dress.

2. shubby doo March 12, 2010 at 16:02 #

i really dont like this… waistband or not this lenght does nothing for her fab figure…it’s like she put on a couple of pounds for nowhere…sorry jess not a good look

p.s
    john mayer is an idiot!

3. WendyB March 12, 2010 at 16:58 #

I like it…belting it helps. I don’t think the length is terrible.

4. Godiva March 12, 2010 at 18:00 #

This dress makes her look old and suburban… she could do a LOT better.

5. evanthe March 12, 2010 at 20:53 #

i like that she belted it to give her a more defined figure but the length isn’t just great. and the heels, boringggg.

she’s a pretty girl but i really don’t like her make up. i haven’t liked her make up for years now ..

6. pascha March 13, 2010 at 03:57 #

I agree with what people have said about the length, far too long for someone with a curvy figure.

I think the bottom part of the dress could have hugged a little closer to the body/legs so proportions are a little more dramatic instead of the bottom half looking very rectangular.

If her hair was a little bit more blonde and a little less ‘flat’ on top I think it would’ve improved the look.

Also would’ve loved to have seen a bejeweled fuschia brooch/buckle on the belt to make the outfit pop a little more. And it’s a shame the jewels/detailing on the shoulders of the runway look wasn’t on Jessica’s dress.

Perhaps she was going for the whole Christina Hendricks Mad Men look, a shame she couldn’t pull it off b/c her figure is lovely.

• Fashion Critic March 13, 2010 at 07:54 #

I think you nailed it. She was going for a Christina Hendricks Mad Men look

7. Cybill March 13, 2010 at 06:09 #

This girl is outrageously beautiful and yet no-one, not even herself, seems to know how to dress her!! Seriously Ms Simpson, at least read “what not to wear” and learn how to work that body – please.

• Fashion Critic March 13, 2010 at 07:53 #

co-sign.

8. mandy March 13, 2010 at 06:30 #

She looks terrible. From the lengh to the sleeves to that bad bad lip color. And it also seem llke she had removed those stunning embellishments on the chest area. Where’s Zoe when you need her!!!!!

9. GGG March 13, 2010 at 16:33 #

She is absolutely gorgeous. But why doesn’t she have a proper stylist? After all she’s been through with tabloids and criticism of her weight, having a stylist I would think would have been action #1… I do think the color of this dress is stunning and I like the pink lipstick… Very spring.

10. Erin March 14, 2010 at 15:17 #

The thing that bothers me here is that the neckline (and maybe her undergarments have something to do with this too) gives her uniboob. I think that’s what’s making her look heavier. The placement of the neckline throws off her proportions and makes her look short-waisted, even though the sash does help that somewhat. Something slightly lower (not showing cleavage necessarily, but more of the upper chest) would be more flattering.

11. whitestroke March 17, 2010 at 17:19 #

I’m like the good girl, then that happened.

Who says being good in bed is a bad thing? ;)

John is an asshole for talking about that, though.

12. shayna March 27, 2010 at 15:44 #

she looks bad in the dress, Reese wore it better.