11.03.10

Runway To Haze Nightclub – Leighton Meester In Hervé Léger by Max Azria

From my earlier post on Cheryl Cole in Hervé Léger by Max Azria, I sensed that you guys are VERY much over bandage dresses so I’m almost scared to do this post. j/k

Leighton Meester was in concert at Haze nightclub last weekend wearing a Hervé Léger by Max Azria Indigo Batik dress.

I like her in this dress *ducks*.

Yes it nothing we haven’t seen before, but I love the batik marble print and the slashed sleeves.

It looks really fresh and modern on Leighton who pairs her look with Givenchy ‘Fanta’ denim lace-up boots.

I’m just thankful it isn’t one of those neon-coloured pieces, and I’m also thankful that Leighton has toned down that OTT “I Wanna Be Lady GaGa” look she was going for at the end of last year.

Credit: Style.com & Rex Features

In Leighton Meester's Closet - Herve Leger Indigo Batik Print Dress

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Herve Leger Indigo Batik Print Dress

Andrew Gn Fall 2010

Andrew Gn Fall 2010

17 Responses to Runway To Haze Nightclub – Leighton Meester In Hervé Léger by Max Azria

1. Nikki March 11, 2010 at 16:00 #

I love this look. Yes, it’s nothing new but she does look good. I love the print and the shoulder/sleeve detail and she looks fresh in her makeup. I love the boots too. She’s till a pop star without doing it over the top.

2. Emma March 11, 2010 at 16:01 #

I like everything about this look except for the sleeves. Are they slashed open?

3. shubby doo March 11, 2010 at 16:12 #

I think diane kruger looks hot in hers at the people’s choice awards…cheryl’s one – not so much…

I do like the style of this one…love the sleeves…it’s young, fun and sexy…suit Leighton perfectly

4. justme March 11, 2010 at 16:52 #

Those shoes are ugly but Leighton looks great from the ankles up. She looks fresh faced and that’s all I want from her, yes I still remember that Joker make-up.

5. LeeAnn March 11, 2010 at 17:04 #

I must be getting old-I thought that she was going ice skating

• Fashion Critic March 11, 2010 at 17:14 #

ROTFLMAO…you are on fire this week.

Your Tinsley Moritmer Versace comment also had me in stitches.

6. stilettolover91 March 11, 2010 at 17:07 #

I love her and love the dress but those ugly ass boots need to go…..

7. Alexandra March 11, 2010 at 17:14 #

oh my god. i can’t hate bandage dresses when she looks THIS beautiful.

8. michelle March 11, 2010 at 17:34 #

i too am getting tired of the herve leger dresses but this along one along with the one diane kruger wore, do not look like the typical ones a la cheryl cole. i would also like to add that this website has become my new addiction, though i’ve been snooping for awhile. keep up the great work. :)

• Fashion Critic March 11, 2010 at 17:55 #

thanks michelle. my pleasure ;)

9. Victoria March 11, 2010 at 19:16 #

Not a fan of those bandage dresses but I did like this look from Leighton! :D I thought she looked very fresh and young. :)

10. Alfredo March 11, 2010 at 22:58 #

This is how the bandage dresses should be worn, she looks beautiful!

11. Meg March 12, 2010 at 01:38 #

haha those shoes totally reminded me of skates
    glad i wasn’t the only one :D

12. mochababe73 March 12, 2010 at 02:12 #

It’s about time that Leighton wears something that looks like her. All of her other outfits just screamed, “I’m trying hard to be anti-Blair”.
    I just wished that she had worn another pair of shoes.

13. whitestroke March 12, 2010 at 20:18 #

Those denim boots are so cool. But they’re extremely unflattering on her. She doesn’t have a type of legs for anything above the ankle, sorry to say. I’d go as far as to say that it’s her legs that ruin the boots, not the other way around. I also thought they’re bad, like many others on this page, until I saw them on net-a-porter and realized they’re really cute.

14. Anna March 13, 2010 at 03:20 #

I love her in this dress, initially I was gonna vote for her for BDOTW! Unfortunately at that point I hadn’t noticed her shoes. They just look so clunky! I can say: Thank God they’re not black.

15. musthavemoreclothes March 14, 2010 at 23:37 #

I’m over the bandage dress too, but this on Leighton is perfect as others have said it young and fresh, totally her. The shoes I love but I don’t know about with the dress. I do like that she didn’t go for a basic heel with it though as it gives it a new fresh look.