2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein

Sorry but Diane Kruger gets nil points on Oscar night from me.

Both for her Oscar red carpet look and her Vanity Fair party dress.

Diane opted for this red Calvin Klein Resort 2010 dress for the Vanity Fair party.

Why red?

She would’ve looked so much better in the pale white runway version, but I guess she didn’t go for that since she’d already worn the same colour to the main event.

I really dislike the white bra under this dress.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party - Amy Adams In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti & Marisa Tomei In Vintage Halston

2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Amy Adams In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti & Marisa Tomei In Vintage Halston

15 Responses to 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein

1. Sydne March 10, 2010 at 01:22 #

Agreed, white would have been so much prettier. I loved when Ashley Olsen wore a similar style on the cover of Elle I think it was.

2. mm March 10, 2010 at 01:33 #

hmm i hope we will not see a total downward trend for Diane.Maybe she just wanted to get all the so so dresses out of her closet.

3. Henrique March 10, 2010 at 01:42 #

What’s happening to you, Diane?

4. mol March 10, 2010 at 02:59 #

I love this outfit and I like Diane in the red, but the white bra really doesn’t fit with such a sheer and minimalist design – hummmm, what’s going on….Diane usually gets every detail right….

• whitestroke March 11, 2010 at 03:09 #

The bra is actually the part of the dress/outfit. So if there is someone to blame, that’s Francisco Costa. lol

5. Willa March 10, 2010 at 04:55 #

Diane just isn’t a Calvin Klein girl.

6. lan March 10, 2010 at 06:37 #

i actually quite like this one, but definitely wasnt a huge fan of her actual oscars gown.
    knowing diane though next time she steps on the ground she’ll most likely be the picture of perfection & we’ll fall straight back in love with her.
    thanks for all your oscars work FC! its carried the oscars beyond just one day which is fabulous :)

• Fashion Critic March 10, 2010 at 08:44 #

you’re welcome Ian x

7. Laura March 10, 2010 at 07:25 #

Again, like her Oscar dress, she looks great to me!

8. nicky March 10, 2010 at 09:19 #

i really loved the oscar gown. this i wasnt too fond of…it isnt really diane’s style and white bra really bothers me. anyhow, im hoping diane will be back to her best very soon! agree with ian that she is the picture of perfection

9. Bego March 10, 2010 at 09:53 #

In my opinion usually blonds look fantastic in red if they are not too pale and Diane is no exception to me, I prefer this look to the one she wore to the Oscars, I think she looks quite nice.

10. Lizzie March 10, 2010 at 10:03 #

LOL! I was waiting for you to post this pic FC!

I saw it in one of the newspapers and thought it was a definate “Could do better job” but wanted to see what you thought, as you are a big fan of Diane’s style (on most occasions!)

After the Oscar “mistake” I was hoping she would pull it back for the parties but obviously not.

However we are all allowed to have bad dress days -it’s just a pity hers was on the biggest night of the year!

• christine March 10, 2010 at 13:28 #

LOL @we are all allowed to have bad dress days -it’s just a pity hers was on the biggest night of the year!

11. perfumeorpoison March 10, 2010 at 10:45 #

I don’t dislike this look though I think it’s too low-key for Oscar’s after party.

12. whitestroke March 11, 2010 at 03:14 #

Well, it’s better than her Oscars gown at least. *sigh* I do feel weird about this dress in red. It doesn’t really fit. And I don’t get why they didn’t make the bra part a bit reddish as well to go with the color, but left it like for the runway version. The bra is (un)fortunately the part of the dress so she couldn’t do anything better. But it’s really strange as it is with the red.

Carey Mulligan actually wore this dress before. In grey, I think. Who Wore It Better, perhaps? Does is still count if it’s a different color?