Regular readers will know that I asked the fashion gods to grant me one wish this year.

That wish was to see this stunning Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2010 gown on the red carpet at a major event.

Angie Harmon made my wish come true and I will be eternally grateful.

She totally did justice to this ombre ruby embroidered tulle gown.

I personally wouldn’t have belted it, but the belt doesn’t ruin the look for me.

I’m loving everything about Lea Michele’s look.

She’s so chic, sophisticated and brings such a high level of maturity to red carpet dressing, without looking too old.

In the few months she’s been walking the red carpet, she has taken ownership of everything she’s worn, from her goddess green Malandrino look to her Romona Keveza Grammy’s look, but this…THIS IS WOW.

The Glee actress wore a black silk faille Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2010 gown to Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party with Chopard jewels.

The rosette detail has been pushed back so it wasn’t in her face as girlfriend works this look.

Look at that shape.

I love a S-shaped pose on the red carpet. Victoria Beckham has mastered this pose.

I kinda think this was the pose Kristen Stewart may have been trying to pull off at the main event.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party - Tinsley Mortimer In Versace

Runway To Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party – Tinsley Mortimer In Versace

Runway To 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party - Kate Beckinsale In Kaufman Franco

Runway To 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Kate Beckinsale In Kaufman Franco

24 Responses to Runway To 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Angie Harmon & Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta

1. Alina March 9, 2010 at 14:07 #

I like Angie’s look and pose.

P.S.: Did you see Hilary Swank ? She was WOW .

• Lizzie March 9, 2010 at 15:59 #

Hilary Swank? WOW? Are you kidding me?!

Any more flesh on show and she would have been naked. Made all the worst dressed lists and with good reason.

• Alina March 10, 2010 at 15:22 #

Well … It’s my opinion.

2. Jennifer March 9, 2010 at 14:10 #

Yay for your fashion wish being listened to!!!

Angie looks pretty good in that dress (and it was worn by a brunette!)

My jaw dropped several times when I saw Lea. Talk about a WOW and AMAZING moment. She blows everyone out of the water for me that you’ve posted thus far (and, since I saw a picture of Hilary Swank… she even out does her in my mind.) I love, love, love this look. If you do end up doing a Best of the Parties look, this has my vote, hands down.

Oh, and FC? Thank you so much for all your hard work. I’m sorry you missed a few of your shows at Paris Fashion Week to bring us all of these looks. I for one am in awe of all the amount of work you do, including all the commentary and having the grace to respond to the impatient nay-sayers. You do a phenomenal job, and I hope you know that there are a lot of us who appreciate unequivocally the work of art you do here.

And on that note, I was saddened we didn’t see Anne Hathaway or Camille Bell. Surprising since Camille was at the pre-Oscar events, and Anne had announced the nominees. Ah well. Maybe they are saving up for some big events like the Costume Gala and Film Festivals.

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2010 at 14:48 #

Oh my…I would have missed all of Fashion Week just for the Oscars.

The Oscar is and will always be my priority ;)

I’m also sad not to see Camilla and Anne. I kept typing their name into pictures agencies hoping to see a picture but no :(

3. christine March 9, 2010 at 14:20 #

The belt totally ruins the look! Why?? why a black belt??!!??
    I love the dress too and I was waiting to see that beautiful piece of art on the red carpet but what a shame it hasn’t be worn on the Oscars red carpet!
    Happy to see the dress but shame about how it came out. this is a dream dress for a poor event

• sydneycheapchic March 10, 2010 at 13:20 #

I totally agree… i think it is ab absolutely AMAZING dress but I don’t think the event, the styling, hair, makeup and sadly even the wearer did it justice… I think it would’ve suited someone like Anne Hathaway, Camilla Belle or Olivia Wilde better… they usually have styling perfection.

4. Linda March 9, 2010 at 14:31 #

I’m SO glad you got your wish, FC! Angie looks beautiful in that stunning dress. Lea’s not too shabby either – she looks amazing!

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2010 at 14:45 #

I was so excited to see her in this dress.

5. Lizzie March 9, 2010 at 14:47 #

They both look great but I wish that O d l R ruby gown had been worn to the actual Oscars and not just the VF party. It is absolutely wondeful, one of the best gowns I have seen, and I think it needed an Oscar stage!

I LOVE IT!

Of course, maybe Angie Harmon did get invited to the Oscars and it it did get a viewing on that particular red carpet…..but if only it had been worn by one of the A listers (no offence to Angie).

6. Raquel March 9, 2010 at 14:55 #

They both look stunning!
    Angie is always bery elegant on the red carpet and I agree Leah is mastering the red carpet.

7. mol March 9, 2010 at 15:06 #

Both women look stunning – the gown you picked looks perfect on a sleek brunette like Angie (maybe she wore the belt in an attempt to tone the dress down into a more ‘after party’ look, a mistake, but she still looks gorg) and man, I do love Lea, she most def ‘owns’ this, she’s becoming my newest girl crush with these kinds of appearances!

8. Nikki March 9, 2010 at 15:15 #

I love this dress and I’m glad to have seen it on the Red Carpet. The belt though does nothing for the dress. Neither distracts nor add oomph to the look. Though Angie Harmon looks gorgeous, she didn’t blow me away.

I think this is Lea Michelle’s best look to date. She has been turning into a red carpet princess, following Zoe Saldana and Camilla Belle.

9. Ksenia March 9, 2010 at 15:29 #

I am bored. I wish she wore stunning jewelry.

10. Ksenia March 9, 2010 at 15:29 #

Angie looks stunning. Great gown and color for her.

11. Tania March 9, 2010 at 16:23 #

You got your wish someone with dark hair wore it and she look great too !

12. nicole March 9, 2010 at 16:59 #

love both these looks! lea is just way to gorgeous. cant wait to see more from her

13. Marvel March 9, 2010 at 18:08 #

OH MY GOD!!! Lea looked AMAZING. Surely BDOTW. I love her!!!

14. wilwarin March 9, 2010 at 19:24 #

i love that dress and i love it on angie but i really think dress looks more beautiful without belt… and that dress is beyond amazing it’s fairytale come true.

15. fashion addict March 9, 2010 at 22:51 #

Looks like the bubble gum fairy threw up on her. Not saying the dress is ugly, but I definately think it’s suited for someone young. Really young, like Miley Cyrus or Dakota Fanning young or maybe even that cute little chica from Harry Potter. But not for any WOMAN over 25

• mochababe73 March 10, 2010 at 01:29 #

I agree that this dress should have been on her in a different color.
      Lea Michele’s dress is ill-fitting at the shoulders. If you look at the model then on her, you will see that her dress looks too big on top. However, it doesn’t negate the fact that she looks very pretty.

• fashion addict March 10, 2010 at 15:05 #

I agree Lea Michele looks beautiful (even with the top of her dress being to loose) my original comment was about Angie Harmon. Guess I should’ve specified that.

16. J March 9, 2010 at 23:19 #

Lea looks amazing again. She mixes it up and can do short and playful or long and elegant with ease. She is the it girl right now.

17. DM March 10, 2010 at 04:24 #

I’m sorry, she looks ok and loving the dress itself, but the gown is eating Lea up! That dress is wearing her – she is NOT wearing the dress! She simply can’t pull it off…