Runway To 2010 Oscars & Vanity Fair Party – Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace

From Classy To Short & Sassy Award
Elizabeth Banks was one of the many presenters at the 2010 Oscars last night.

Her grey Atelier Versace Spring 2009 gown was simple around the bust, but had dramatic ruffles cascading down the skirt which I really loved.

She wore Fred Leighton jewels, a matching grey clutch and grey suede cage front Sergio Rossi heels which were embellished with crystals.

At the Vanity Fair Party she opted for another Atelier Versace Spring 2009 show-stopper.

The hem line was shorter, but the look was still very dramatic with the fold details in the skirt and that structured bodice.

Of the two looks I much preferred the first one.

Credit: Versace.com & London Features

Perfect Show-Stopping Oscar Style‏

Perfect Show-Stopping Oscar Style‏

Runway To 2010 Oscars - Kathryn Bigelow In YSL

Runway To 2010 Oscars – Kathryn Bigelow In YSL

14 Responses to Runway To 2010 Oscars & Vanity Fair Party – Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace

1. Laveena March 8, 2010 at 13:15 #

Like the grey gown, beautiful cascading ruffles

2. Amelia March 8, 2010 at 13:18 #

the bodice of the first dress looked great on her, but I think the ruffles on the skirt fell a little flat, they looked better on the runway version. besides, I don’t really think it was a great colour for her, so I don’t think this is a great look at all.

3. chrystelle March 8, 2010 at 13:31 #

FC, can u tell me which designer Sandy Powell wore?she won the awards for the best costume designer. i love it and i would like to buy an alternative dress in case the price is out of my range.
    i hope you catch up on your sleep and that the red carpet lives up to ur expectations.
    thanks!

4. robbie March 8, 2010 at 13:34 #

finally someone who manages to make these dresses look classy rather than trashy. love the first dress the most it looks gorgeous on her.

5. Linda March 8, 2010 at 13:37 #

First dress, boring, washes her out.
    Second dress, good.

6. Megan March 8, 2010 at 15:04 #

she looks great but have u seen hilary swank at the vanity fair party? she looks absolutely amazing!

7. zuleyka March 8, 2010 at 15:58 #

FC, have u seen georgina chapman??

8. Helene March 8, 2010 at 16:37 #

I just LOVE that 2nd dress! Amazing! she looks good!!

9. Dorian Gray March 8, 2010 at 17:18 #

FC You know how much I like Versace but I expected a lot more from Oscars girls! More VERSECE please!

10. Barbara March 8, 2010 at 21:41 #

I love love love the grey dress! The colour and fit was fantastic on her. Looked much better than the tan dress Demi wore…were they the same??!!

11. Lou March 8, 2010 at 22:59 #

Great dresses but the grey wins for me – Elizabeth looks gorgeous in it! Always great to read everyone’s comments too

12. Jen March 9, 2010 at 09:52 #

I’m surprised Elizabeth wasn’t nominated for the BD list. I thought she looked amazing! In some photos and under certain lights on screen, her dress turned into this beautiful blue-grey colour that looked so stunning! I thought the ruffles also struck the right balance between drama and whimsical.

13. ImanLover March 12, 2010 at 12:47 #

Gorgeous…isn’t she?
    Hey FC is this the same dress that Eva Longoria wore in the Desperate Housewives promotional in season 6.

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2010 at 14:30 #