Runway To 2010 Oscars – Rachel McAdams In Elie Saab Couture

Best Elie Saab Gown Award
Rachel McAdams was one of the presenters of the night at the 2010 Oscars.

She looked breath-taking wearing a strapless Elie Saab Spring 2010 gown with a sweetheart neckline.

I loved this romantic print with shades of pinks, blues and greens.

We don’t often see prints on at the Oscars, so this was really refreshing look.

The big gown didn’t overwhelm Rachel as I would’ve expected it to.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

2010 Oscars - Penelope Cruz In Donna Karan

2010 Oscars – Penelope Cruz In Donna Karan

2010 Oscars - Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

2010 Oscars – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

21 Responses to Runway To 2010 Oscars – Rachel McAdams In Elie Saab Couture

1. Patience March 8, 2010 at 09:29 #

Oh I LOVE this gown! Firstly, it’s Elie Saab, as you mentioned, red carpet king. Secondly, the floral print is so mesmerizing. I just get lost in the awesome color! Totally in season colors. :D

2. Lora March 8, 2010 at 09:33 #

She looks so beautiful. This is the kind of dress that I would live in if I won the lottery.
    Its between her and (shock of shocks) Miley Cyrus for Best Dressed of the pictures I’ve seen so far :)

3. Fiona March 8, 2010 at 09:56 #

LOVE IT – she looks like a Monet painting floating down the red carpet. Beautiful!

• perfumeorpoison March 8, 2010 at 10:48 #

oh so true. totally what i wanted to say :)

• Annel March 8, 2010 at 16:01 #

Yeah, ditto! It’s sort of artisitc-watercolour-like. Lovely.

4. serapart March 8, 2010 at 10:31 #

finally!!!! I was so hoping to see lots of Eli Saab gowns on that night and was a little disappointed until Rachel came, LOVE it, she looks gorgeous in this dress!!

5. Nikki March 8, 2010 at 10:42 #

I fell in love with Rachel McAdams look as soon as I saw her picture. It’s unusual to see print on the red carpet and I’m glad she decided to wear a printed gown. Love the colors and she looks easy on the eyes.

6. vanessa March 8, 2010 at 10:46 #

oh FC your a legeng i absolutely love it!! this was my favourite dress from the collection :)

7. Catarina March 8, 2010 at 11:26 #

That’s why she is my muse! I really love her and her style! She is absolutelly marvelous in this dress!

8. robbie March 8, 2010 at 11:36 #

love it on the runway, so much in love with it on rachel. it looks elegant on the runway it looks dull on rachel. im sure it looks better on screen.

9. nicky March 8, 2010 at 12:07 #

she looked like a fairytale princess. i agree tht it looks a bit dull on rachel but much better on screen

10. Laveena March 8, 2010 at 12:57 #

You’re right, breadth of fresh air :)

11. Linda March 8, 2010 at 13:43 #

It’s okay.

12. Jen March 8, 2010 at 14:02 #

This was one of my favorite looks of the night, if only because it was my dress from Elie Saab’s collection. She definitely did it justice!

13. Mea March 8, 2010 at 14:13 #

Great choice! A piece of spring on the red carpet… And Iike her hair!

14. mochababe73 March 8, 2010 at 15:23 #

I love this dress, but I thought that it was a little dull for the Oscars.

15. lucas March 8, 2010 at 15:36 #

Rachel looks amazing but i would of loved to have seen Anna Kendrick in this dress.

16. mol March 8, 2010 at 16:18 #

Can’t believe I lost power last night just when they were going announce best actress! Anyway, thank god for you F.C. so that I can update any fab fashion the next morning – you’ve done an awesome job as always, and I bet you’re having a well deserved sleep right now……

I have to say that Rachel was one of my favorites, like Fiona says, she was like a Monet painting floating down the runway. And really, it’s subtle, so more like a Monet watercolor. I know some people probably want more ‘bam for the Oscars, but she hits my sweet spot for sure, and as a presenter only, she can’t really overdo it.

17. wilwarin March 8, 2010 at 19:41 #

for me when i saw Rachel it was at first sight, she looks absolutely divine.

18. Lou March 8, 2010 at 21:49 #

LOOOOVE this gown and Rachel’s look!!! Zoe’s dress has won my heart, but this is a VERY close second!!!

19. whitestroke March 11, 2010 at 01:49 #

One of the best. Finally some print, too. The dress looks so much better than the model. I never liked the way it falls on Karlie in that picture. It looked weird.