Runway To 2010 Oscars – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries von Noten

Fabulous Florals Award
I totally expected Maggie Gyllenhaal to give us something interesting on the red carpet at the 2010 Oscars, and she didn’t disappoint.

The nominated actress wore a Dries van Noten strapless dress which was made from the same print we saw in the recent Fall 2010 presentation.

The draped evening dress with ruffle in the back was hand painted in bright blue brush strokes which fading out to white at the hem.

I love the dress, the pink lips and her swept back into an elegant chignon.

Her look was paired with Fred Leighton jewels.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta - ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta – ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

2010 Oscars - Sigourney Weaver In Lanvin

2010 Oscars – Sigourney Weaver In Lanvin

25 Responses to Runway To 2010 Oscars – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries von Noten

1. lan March 8, 2010 at 10:22 #

i loved maggie too.
    she always sticks to her style & 99% of the time i love it.
    tres’ chic.

2. Kate March 8, 2010 at 10:39 #

Love It! Only thing – is the bodice a bit wonky? Or is that just because of how she’s standing? She looks beautiful and unusual and I love the contrasting lip-colour choice.

3. Fiona March 8, 2010 at 11:13 #

I almost wish she’d worn it with the same neckline as the runway as strapless always looks like it is about to fall down on her. I know that Hollywood has a love affair with the strapless dress, but sometimes it is good to be different, as Maggie usually goes against the grain. LOVE the print, and the hair.

4. robbie March 8, 2010 at 11:46 #

MAGGIE, MAGGIE, MAGGIE! oh yeah me likey this the print is just fantastic and bright and cheerful.

5. nicky March 8, 2010 at 12:02 #

she looked stunning. i love this bright vivid colour and print on her

6. mm March 8, 2010 at 12:14 #

This dress was one of my favorites. I wish a little more of the floral print was visible on tv. The back of her with the hairpiece was awesome. The blue made her eyes pop. Gorgeous

7. LeeAnn March 8, 2010 at 13:07 #

How funny. I just got off another website when I saw Maggie but they didn’t credit the dress . I thought it was from the Dries Autumn 2010 RTW. Should have come here first. I love the dress. Loved the collection.

8. Leo March 8, 2010 at 13:22 #

Amazing, she looks great in prints. One of the best of the night, her earings were lovely too.

9. Linda March 8, 2010 at 13:35 #

My best dressed of the night, or at least the top three. I’m so bored with most of the dresses this year, and Maggie looked great with the fresh print and the lips.

10. mochababe73 March 8, 2010 at 14:12 #

She looks great in this dress. I am glad that she chose to go strapless. The neckline on the runway version is not one of my favorites.
    Maggie never disappoints on the red carpet. She is always different and not cookie cutter.

11. Mea March 8, 2010 at 14:16 #

A pleasant surprise from Maggie!

12. Mariazinha March 8, 2010 at 15:09 #

Probably in my top 3 of the night. Just beautiful!

13. MKG March 8, 2010 at 15:45 #

Best dress of the night! When are the stars going to learn to develop their own confidence and style like Maggie does and take some fashion risks. It looks marvelous!

14. Ksenia March 8, 2010 at 16:21 #

It actually, on closer inspection, doesn’t fit exactly right. When you’re at the Oscars, your dress must fit exactly right.

15. Kate March 8, 2010 at 16:32 #

love it! Especially the lipcolor. perfect choice for the dress!
    I do wish she would wear a bra, though. What does Maggie have against support!?

16. mol March 8, 2010 at 16:54 #

I’m with those who loved this look, the print is amazing and the blue was perfect for her, her hair and makeup are also right on point……..but i’m also with those who think she should add some support to her boobs, at least on these formal kinds of events.

17. Camille March 8, 2010 at 17:37 #

Maggie is always a fashion standout and I loved her in this dress. It was true to her lovely unique sense of style and the earrings were the icing on the cake. Lovely, art nouveau lillies so in keeping with the floral motif of the dress. Subtle but spot on.

18. wilwarin March 8, 2010 at 19:43 #

i’m not maggie’s fan but she looks fantastic…

19. evanthe March 8, 2010 at 21:22 #

I had this thing against Maggie, but the more i see her on the red carpet, I’m really beginning to appreciate the refreshing change she brings!!!! And I loved the lip color, it’s a pop against her skin yet matchy with the dress. Gorgeous!! (thought i’d never say that)

20. Raquel March 8, 2010 at 21:33 #

Oh I like it very much. I usually don’t like prints on the red carpet because they can make a fab dress look too casual for the even, but this look is so polished. LOVE.

21. Jimmy March 8, 2010 at 21:49 #

It has a very cool hip vibe. Very good choice for her.

22. pipsqueak March 9, 2010 at 01:06 #

This is one of my top 5 favorite looks at the Oscars! I’m so happy for Maggie – she’s really becoming the one to watch on the red carpet. She used to look like this English lit nerd who thought she was too smart to care about clothes. But now her transformation is amazing. A girl can be both smart and sexy (think Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett).

23. cb March 9, 2010 at 14:31 #

Loved Maggie’s dress and hair. a breath of fresh air on the red carpet! Really, the hand painted gown was to die for and the crystal hair accessory that was subtlely tucked into her hair was utterly tasteful. love. love. love.

24. DM March 10, 2010 at 13:28 #

At first glance, I thought this dress could be Prabal Gurung or Christian Siriano. It does look better on Maggie than the runway version, which wouldn’t have been formal enough.
    This is one of the better looks of the night, with the print and the flawless make up!

25. whitestroke March 11, 2010 at 02:10 #

I almost wish she wore a runway version and had a bra underneath. LOL Lack of bra is her major issue. But apart from that, this was one of the most interesting looks and I really liked it.