Runway To 2010 Oscars – Kathryn Bigelow In YSL

Historical Victory Award
Kathryn Bigelow made history at the 2010 Oscars by becoming the first woman to win the “Best Director” Oscar for ‘Hurt Locker’.

She was also a winner on the red carpet wearing a Yves Saint Laurent Edition Soir gown by Stefano Pilati.

The stunning feature of this titanium silk satin gown was the beautiful embroidered bodice.

Kathyrn paired T-strap YSL silver sandals with a YSL titanium satin clutch.

Boucheron jewels completed the look, but the red bracelet was a tad distracting.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Runway To 2010 Oscars & Vanity Fair Party - Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace

Runway To 2010 Oscars & Vanity Fair Party – Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Oscars?

18 Responses to Runway To 2010 Oscars – Kathryn Bigelow In YSL

1. LeeAnn March 8, 2010 at 16:21 #

The woman is 56!! She looks great. Interestingly the dress is I believe from Autumn 2009 which is old in red carpet years

• Raquel March 8, 2010 at 21:29 #

Actually she is 58. … and she really looks great.

• LeeAnn March 9, 2010 at 08:57 #

I thought she was but the DM quoted her age yesterday as 56-she looks fabulous -better than most twenty somethings

2. Joëlle March 8, 2010 at 16:31 #

Just wondering, are you going to post Miley Cyrus? I really loved what she wore for once. She looked gorgeous AND age appropriate in my opinion.

Keep up the good work btw :)

xoxo

• Sara March 8, 2010 at 18:17 #

I was JUST going to comment and ask about Miley – she looked amazing! pls post it fc

• Talita March 8, 2010 at 18:35 #

I loved Miley Cyrus!

3. Watcher March 8, 2010 at 16:57 #

I think that dress is really boring looking. Maybe it’s the color choice or the design but I just don’t like it.
    Maybe me almos sad that Sandra Bullock wore a simply winning dress and won and Kathryn shoved us something as ordinary as that… No thank you.

4. Peach March 8, 2010 at 18:07 #

I think she looks like a mature Elizabeth Hurley (not that LIz is that young anymore ;)). Just beautiful!

And yes, the red bracelet was definitely distracting..

• Jen March 9, 2010 at 09:59 #

I thought exactly the same thing! I think she looks great. Grey is not my first choice when it comes to gowns but I think she looks great. She comes across as a really sharp and sophisticated woman so the last thing I’d expect her to do is parade in a frou-frou dress. Gorgeous woman and I hope I look like that at 58!

5. mol March 8, 2010 at 18:18 #

She looks restrained and beautiful – like someone you would take seriously, which obviously the academy did!

6. Talita March 8, 2010 at 18:35 #

I don’t like Kathryn choice. The dress doesn’t have a nice shape and the color is terrible. Very boring, I would never guess it’s a YSL.

7. Katie March 8, 2010 at 22:21 #

Uh, the “beautiful” embroidery featured on this gown, if you look closer at it, were lots of little gray hearts that looked like they were crudely drawn onto the gown with crayon. Yuck.

8. mari March 9, 2010 at 02:20 #

She looks so pretty, even an understated dress does not hide how youthful and beautiful she looks… seriously, she could be my mom and I am 40!!!!!

9. Meg March 9, 2010 at 02:50 #

agree with Katie

i thought the hearts all over were really kiddish and definitely not elegant

the colour of the dress was beautiful but those hearts were a huge put off

10. Kate Delaney March 9, 2010 at 11:07 #

She does have a sense of fashion. Laid back yet elegant for her age. I think it really suits her because of the cut. Very good choice.

11. Annie March 9, 2010 at 14:32 #

The dress would look great if it was not so tight. She did not look comfortable in it. Notice the model’s dress look to have so looseness in the skirt area. The bodice area looked like it made her difficult to breath. I think she looks great for any age and liked the dress.

12. totta March 10, 2010 at 16:15 #

i don’t like

13. Kate March 10, 2010 at 22:04 #

I think she looks lovely, but the dress looks kind of bridesmaid to me… It’s boring and looks like something you could pick up at J.C. Penny… Sorry, she really does look great (56?!), but the dress is a snooze fest.