Runway To 2010 Oscars – Demi Moore In Atelier Versace

Shoulda Worn The Runway Orange Award
On regular red carpet events Demi Moore has started to become a bit boring for many of you.

But tonight at the 2010 Oscars she looked stunning wearing an Atelier Versace Spring 2008 blush tone gown.

The strapless gown had a dramatic tiered skirt and a rose detail on the hip.

I really loved this gown, but for some reason it made me think of a similar Versace gown Penelope Cruz wore to the 2007 Oscars.

For once Ashton wasn’t hanging off her arm, so I could take in all of this stunning gown.

She would have “Shut it down” in the orange runway version though.

Her look was paired with a Ferragamo clutch and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Runway To 2010 Oscars - Sarah Jessica Parker In Chanel Couture

Runway To 2010 Oscars – Sarah Jessica Parker In Chanel Couture

27 Responses to Runway To 2010 Oscars – Demi Moore In Atelier Versace

1. robbie March 8, 2010 at 01:47 #

i have mixed feelings about this dress. she looks good though.

2. Elle March 8, 2010 at 01:49 #

It’s a beautiful gown, and Demi looks great. But I really wish she had worn the orange. It would have have looked divine against her skin.

• mochababe73 March 8, 2010 at 19:22 #

I don’t like that color on Demi. The orange would have looked much better.
      Either way, I probably still would have considered the whole look a boring woman in a beautiful gown.

3. Godiva March 8, 2010 at 01:49 #

What happened to the colour… why is it so muted? I prefer the colour of the original.

4. sydney March 8, 2010 at 01:55 #

Too reminiscent of a lot of other past Oscar gowns worn by Penelope Cruz, Charlize Theron and the like. Zero for originality.

5. wilwarin March 8, 2010 at 01:58 #

she looks nice but i whis she wore it in orange.

• Fiona March 8, 2010 at 12:12 #

I agree – orange would have been so much braver – I’m so over the nude gowns, pretty as they are, they are getting really boring. She could actually have pulled off orange, not many could.

6. Jennifer March 8, 2010 at 02:09 #

She looks good in the dress. My issue is that Demi has now made herself into a three trick pony- white, black, and nude tone dresses are what she has been wearing of late, and I want color from her gosh darn it all!

7. mm March 8, 2010 at 02:10 #

She needed some color. Most of the ladies that wore a nude or neutral tone colored gown, i wish they would’ve chosen something with some color. These dresses are masterfully crafted but minus the color they can be boring on the red carpet and on TV.

8. Linda March 8, 2010 at 02:23 #

So boring! Feels like we’ve seen this a thousand times on her and others. Thumbs down.

9. gaga March 8, 2010 at 03:26 #

nothing new. but still a pretty gown.

10. Amy March 8, 2010 at 03:28 #

The color completely washes her out. Most unflattering for her skin tone. I agree with the others, she should have gone with the orange.

11. Laura March 8, 2010 at 03:37 #

I wish she wore the orange colour. This colour seems boring…..just another pretty dress. You just can’t go wrong. So nothing WOW!

12. Tropical Breeze March 8, 2010 at 03:45 #

Is it me or this Versace dress a little resembles (the great) Cate’s Armani Prive at Cannes 2 years ago? The color, the ruffles…

• Fashion Critic March 8, 2010 at 04:08 #

it’s a de ja vu dress

• Lexa March 8, 2010 at 12:24 #

exactly – Cate Blanchet’t’s dress came instanstly to my mind when I saw Demi.

• sydneycheapchic March 8, 2010 at 04:25 #

That’s exactly what it reminded me off… and i thought cate blanchett looked better :)

13. gaby March 8, 2010 at 03:54 #

Wish her gown could at least be two tone like the original, I think it’d make it much more striking

14. Sharon March 8, 2010 at 05:14 #

When I saw her on the red carpet, I too wished she had gone with the original color, but when I saw that she had been chosen to introduce the section honoring deceased colleagues, I thought maybe she picked the color because of that reason.

15. Cameron March 8, 2010 at 05:42 #

I couldn’t stop staring at the terrible fit pinching her breasts/armpits. Yikes

16. DM March 8, 2010 at 05:52 #

My feelings are mixed…it’s a great dress, but I think maybe a different color wouldve worked better on her. This blush color is washing her out…

17. Laveena March 8, 2010 at 07:01 #

Demi always dazzles but tonight…..feels like I have seen this gown a 100 times

18. Kristen March 8, 2010 at 22:33 #

This dress strongly reminded me of this dress from the Globes a few years ago:

Not good to wear such a similar look so many times!

19. Barbara March 8, 2010 at 23:00 #

I prefer the grey version on Elizabeth Banks. This colour looked so washed out on Demi. Do stylists not consult with each other?

20. Lauren March 10, 2010 at 22:07 #

I adore the dress, but I wish someone else had worn it. It is the EXACT same colour as Demi’s skin, which I find very offputting.

21. whitestroke March 10, 2010 at 22:24 #

This gown looked like any other gown. The runway version isn’t that interesting either, it’s the COLOR that makes it pop up. And she opted against that color, so BORING. I hated her shoe choice, too. And the hair was iffy as well.