Runway To Red Carpet – Carey Mulligan In Bottega Veneta & Gianfranco Ferre

Diamond Information Center Luncheon Honoring Carey Mulligan’s Academy Award Nomination

It’s been a very busy weekend for so many stars.

British actress Carey Mulligan attended the “Diamond Information Center Luncheon” which was held in her honour as Academy Award Nominee.

The star looked the most uncomfortable I’ve ever seen her on the red carpet wearing a yellow striped Bottega Veneta Spring 2010 dress.

I don’t like this on Carey. It dress feel more appropriate for a summer fete, plus it’s feel really inconsistent with looks we’ve previously seen from Carey.

This was definitely a stylish choice. I don’t believe Carey would choose this look as it’s way too girlie.

I can picture this on Paris Hilton. She loves a sunshine yellow.

Parmigiani And Raffone Luggage Host Sony Classics Dinner Party

This LBD by Gianfranco Ferre is more like it for Carey.

I’m also liking the smokey eye which I don’t think she’s sported before.

A Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton black suede clutch and strappy heels complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Allison Williams In Chloé - The Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy Party

Allison Williams In Chloé – The Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy Party

Runway To Montblanc Charity Cocktail – Malin Akerman In Loewe

Runway To Montblanc Charity Cocktail – Malin Akerman In Loewe

10 Responses to Runway To Red Carpet – Carey Mulligan In Bottega Veneta & Gianfranco Ferre

1. Leo March 7, 2010 at 22:30 #

#2 look: Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton suede clutch ♥

• Fashion Critic March 7, 2010 at 22:32 #

merci x

2. Julia March 7, 2010 at 22:42 #

The first dress is cute, although I don’t like the shoes. I much prefer the second look, Carey looks so good in chic, understated dresses…can’t wait to see what she wears at the Oscars though!

3. wilwarin March 7, 2010 at 22:46 #

i think yellow is not her colour but she looks great in the black.

4. robbie March 7, 2010 at 22:49 #

love both looks. but i especially love the bottega venetta dress, it is gorgeous on her.

i still find it hard to believe she played sally sparrow in doctor who a few years ago and now she is an oscar nominated actress.

5. Linda March 7, 2010 at 23:01 #

I love the second look, esp. with the smoky eye and messy ‘do. The first is a nice dress, but she looks so uncomfortable that it falls flat.

6. Becky March 8, 2010 at 00:48 #

It seems as if all the dresses that she wears are this length so it would be interesting to see her change it up a bit.

7. mochababe73 March 8, 2010 at 20:34 #

The dress would look much younger if the hem were above the knee. This length ages her to me. The other dress is a not so interesting LBD.

8. ahot March 8, 2010 at 21:25 #

me likey the yellow one, it was refreshning. Girlfriend needs to ditch anything black: ain’t Morticia. So much black is unhealthy for such a young lovely lady

9. whitestroke March 10, 2010 at 02:16 #

I actually love the first look. (The 2nd one is kinda boring, although I like the makeup there.) The shoes are a bit of a bad choice, but I like the dress on her. She’s been wearing Bottega Veneta before and I think it fits her style very nicely, like her other favorites, such as Prada, Vionnet, Marni and the like.