06.03.10

Thomas’ Academy Awards Wish List

Diane Kruger to wear Atelier Versace Fall 2009

Thomas has a few more Oscar red carpet wishes.

He said, “Diane Kruger has such an amazing sense of style, I know she is not nominated but she will surely stand out on the carpet.”

“I have chosen this Fall 2009 Atelier Versace gown because it is very detailed and she hasn’t worn Atelier since the Inglorious Bastards premiere.”

Gabourey Sidibe to wear Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2010

“I feel bad for Gabourey Sidibe because not many designers do gowns for bigger women but I think that this Monique Lhuillier gown would look stunning on her and do hope she wears it.”

Helen Mirren to wear vintage Balenciaga

“Helen Mirren doesn’t usually wear big designers on the red carpet but I have chosen this Fall 1950 vintage Balenciaga that is in the Costume Institutes archive.”

“This gown needs to be worn by a person with amazing poise and posture, and Helen has all of the requirements.”

Julianne Moore to wear Armani Prive Spring 2010

“Julianne Moore has been wearing lots of Lanvin and Balenciaga on the red carpet, so I wanted to pull something for her that is not either but till in her realm of style”.

“The Armani Prive gown is stunning and i think the white on her skin and hair will look amazing.”

Maggie Gyllenhaal to wear YSL Pre-Fall 2010

“I’m not a huge fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal’s style but I think this Yves St Laurent Pre-Fall 2010 gown will look stunning on her.”

Marion Cotillard to wear Christian Dior Spring 2010 Couture

“Dior is the prefect match for French beauty Marion Cotillard. I have chosen the beige and mustard mermaid gown from the Spring 2010 Couture line and I think there is a big chance Marion will wear this gown at some point.”

Penelope Cruz to wear Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2010

“And Penelope Cruz, she always gives us stunning on the red carpet. I choose this blue & white ball gown from Carolina Herreras Pre-Fall 2010 line.”

“Carolina Herrera is a hard designer to wear on the red carpet because she is very selective of who can wear her pieces that aren’t purchased, so PLEASE Carolina lend Penelope this gown.”

Of all the looks here I favour Diane and Maggie. I think these gowns were made for these women.

What’s your Red Carpet Wish? Let me know via the contacts page.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Perfect Show-Stopping Oscar Style‏

Perfect Show-Stopping Oscar Style‏

11 Responses to Thomas’ Academy Awards Wish List

1. Thomas Monks March 6, 2010 at 18:07 #

Thanks for posting this FC

I think my favorite pick is the Vintage Balenciaga for Helen it is just hand work amazingness and if it were to be lent out Helen would rock the hell out of it

2. wilwarin March 6, 2010 at 19:05 #

i’m aboslutely in love with choice for Diane Kruger amd for Maggie Gyllenhaal… i think both girls would look amazing in them.

3. mm March 6, 2010 at 19:24 #

Thomas, amazing choices. Oh my, i just love the pics for Diane and Helen.

4. mol March 6, 2010 at 23:49 #

Great, wonderful choices – I love them, especially the dresses you have chosen for Diane, Helen and Maggie.

5. whitestroke March 7, 2010 at 00:54 #

My fav pick here is for Maggie. My least fav is for Julianne. I doubt she’d go for Armani, or that style of classic gowns in general. She likes to step out of the box.

Marion is so predictable that we can’t even see her in anything else but Dior. What happened? She used to be so great and versatile in the awards season 2 years ago.

• Thomas Monks March 7, 2010 at 12:48 #

I know it because she is the newest spokespeople for Dior but there are many gowns from the Fall 2010 Marchesa line I’d love to see her in. there was this sheer mini dress/gown lace thing and its like either her or Anne Hathaway are made for that gown

6. Lucas March 7, 2010 at 03:55 #

I love your choice for Diane (this dress would also look great on Charlize Theron or Penelope Cruz). I’m so excited for the Oscars, but I don’t think Marion Cotillard or Jullianne Moore are going to attend because they were snubbed, and Gabourey Sidibe is getting her dress custom made by Marchesa.

• Thomas Monks March 7, 2010 at 12:46 #

Marion is porbably going to attend because she song from NINE is nominated and i think she is going to preform it and Julianne Moores movie the single man is nominated and Thank God Gabourey is not going to be wearing Tadashi Soji

7. Alfredo March 9, 2010 at 03:37 #

I love that vintage Balenciaga!

8. claire March 15, 2010 at 14:51 #

that dress would have been soooo perfect for diane!! it’s such a pity she chose that chanel, and irocically the structure is quite similar to that of the versace gown.

i also really like the choice for penelope cruz. se would look fresh and stunning in this dress.

now that awards season is over, there’s the cannes festival to look forward to :)

9. dee December 7, 2010 at 21:52 #

All of these are great picks.