Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte

Wash Out Award
Mia Wasikowska arrived on the red carpet at the 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards wearing quite an edgy look.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.

You may think I going to groan about the tights, but on this occasion I’m more disappointed with the colour of her Rodarte Fall 2009 dress.

The grey totally washes her out. Had she worn slightly more visible make-up this wouldn’t have been the case.

This is a shame because she’s one of the few I think could pull off Rodarte.

I also think she should’ve followed Carey Mulligan’s lead by freshening up her pixie haircut.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Zoe Kravitz In Chloé

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Zoe Kravitz In Chloé

9 Responses to Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte

1. Linda March 6, 2010 at 15:26 #

I think this is really cute. I like it.

2. Naomi March 6, 2010 at 15:39 #

Agreed – a teensy-weensy bit of color would have added so much to the look.

3. Renata March 6, 2010 at 16:02 #

This dress reminds me of a Rodarte dress Kirsten Dunst wore some time ago. I do love her hair! It totaly works for her!

4. toorose March 6, 2010 at 17:54 #

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. wilwarin March 6, 2010 at 18:57 #

why tighsh, why?!

6. WendyB March 6, 2010 at 22:21 #

Generally, any color that can be described as “putty” or “greige” is not to my taste!

7. Ksenia March 7, 2010 at 16:17 #

Da-n the tights and black pumps to he-l! That is a bit adamant, but I really hate the tights route.

8. whitestroke March 7, 2010 at 20:52 #

Whose grand idea was to wear thick black tights with THIS dress? Her stylist should be shot. The problem here ARE the tights. What black tights and black shoes do is that they create visually a trick of neutralizing the entire lower part of the body so that the focus is only on the dress above. For some outfits that works, but this is definitely not one of them, because when focused on the dress alone it’s apparent how the color washes her out. She wouldn’t look as washed out without the tights. It’d look more normal.

9. Andreea V. March 17, 2010 at 10:09 #

This is not quite a dress, it is part of a modern fashion composition. Nowadays fashion is very modular; if one picks out only one part, one may ruin the whole. They didn’t understand Rodarte tricks.
    Anyway, Mia is so beautiful, she would look great even in a pillow case.