Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

Best Modification Award
Vera Farmiga made the right choice at the 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards.

As much as I love gowns on a red carpet, the Spirit Awards isn’t about that. It’s more casual, so I love that Vera shortened her Marchesa Resort 2010 red dress to make it more event appropriate.

I don’t however like her peep-toes as they almost blend into her skin-tone.

Yes it would’ve been too matchy matchy, but I would’ve preferred red heels on this occasion.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards - Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte

6 Responses to Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

1. Hannah March 6, 2010 at 14:59 #

I like her shoe choice. The light color makes it look like her legs are even longer, which helps keep the length of the skirt from being too awkward.

2. Thomas Monks March 6, 2010 at 15:13 #

I don’t get it why must celebs modify pieces that aren’t sheer the style is a classic and could be found basically anywhere but this is the best I’ve seen Vera look

3. Antonio Emanuele March 6, 2010 at 15:24 #

im gonna cry, its a modification of the dress i chose for anna kendrick for the oscars, i guess know she wont weart it.. Lets pray she picks some of the other stunning gowns from the other wishes

• Fashion Critic March 6, 2010 at 15:29 #

Ooh sorry :(

4. Renata March 6, 2010 at 15:50 #

totally agree about the shoes! i do love the dress and the make-up. She looks perfect!

5. whitestroke March 6, 2010 at 21:52 #

Reminds me too much of the shorter Marchesa dress of the same color that Diane Kruger wore before.

Vera is always so awkward on the red carpet. Like she doesn’t know what to do with herself.