Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

Maverick Award
Maggie Gyllenhaal arrived at the 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards wearing Lanvin.

Maggie doesn’t conform to red carpet rules, she makes them up as she goes along.

As much as it’s my pet peeve to wear a dress without support, it would be impossible to wear a bra with this Lanvin Spring 2010 asymmetrical dress.

It would however be possible to wear this dress without tights. I guess with the thigh-high split Maggie didn’t want to feel too exposed, but then why wear the dress?

Despite that Maggie does look great, but I still feel that this Spring 2010 Lanvin collection always looks better on the runway than the red carpet.

It always looks so flat on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Film Independent Spirit Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Film Independent Spirit Awards?

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

10 Responses to Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

1. dressaddict March 6, 2010 at 14:48 #

She shoul have shorten the shoulder strap; it woul have solved the appearance of the breast, it would hav looked firmer like that. Or some silicone adhezive breast cups?

2. dressaddict March 6, 2010 at 14:49 #

Edit: Gee, so many mistakes in my post, should, would, have. Typing problems, sorry!

3. Renata March 6, 2010 at 15:55 #

I don’t like the dress and i hate the thighs! But the breast thing really put me off! Hope I’m not being too hard! I do love Maggie and her style, but this time I don’t like it!

4. Sabina March 6, 2010 at 17:22 #

If it wasn’t for the tights, and if she wore nice nude or black strappy sandals, she would’ve looked wonderful.. or if she wanted tights to feel more comfortable, she could’ve at least wore sheer ones.. that would’ve been sexier..
    I agree with FC, this whole collection works much better on the runway, than on the red carpet.

5. mari March 6, 2010 at 18:04 #

really the tights are too… black… it does not show how nice the dress is.. as for the chest, she really needs a bra. Some dresses, she can pull this no bra look so-so, but here it totally looks bad. One just has to accept when you need one to improve your look, it is not a matter of free thinking. the breasts just go south with age and gravity, and not all looks are made for that.

6. justme March 6, 2010 at 18:22 #

I really dislike lack of support and I actually think she could’ve worn a strapless low cut bra or like someone above said, adhesive cups so no pass from me.
    The tights also ruin the wow factor of the dress.

7. whitestroke March 6, 2010 at 21:45 #

I love Maggie but I do not like this at all. :(

Lanvin always looks deflated off runway. Someone should look into that.

8. doc March 6, 2010 at 23:32 #

Her stylist let her and her boobs down. There are silicone cup supports that don’t require a strap. And if that fails you can head to the dollar store and get some duct tape.

9. Jiji March 7, 2010 at 07:53 #

This dress looked like a huge trash bag on her. Worse, it looked like it was about to fall off all night. A number of commentators even said that as the night wore on, and as Maggie Gyllenhaal got drunker, the dress looked more and more like it was about to slide off. People in the audience were overheard saying, ‘why doesn’t someone just tell her to cover up with a wrap or sweater?’ What was the worst though were the close ups which revealed very saggy boobs with huge stretch marks. This is NOT attractive.

Nor does this pose do her any favors

She looks like a trashy trash lady

10. Ksenia March 7, 2010 at 16:17 #

Too dejavu of her past looks.