Best Of British Award
Carey Mulligan was very much flying the flag for Great Britain last night at the 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards.

Our English Rose wore a Christopher Kane Fall 2010 leather dress fresh off the runway which I think was an amazing choice and perfect for this event.

I love the lace cap sleeves and the lace hem plus those stunning embellishments.

Her Rupert Sanderson Estelle cut-out satin heels were also British made

J’Adore the red lips.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

11 Comments
Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Zoe Kravitz In Chloé

Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Zoe Kravitz In Chloé

Runway To Film Independent Spirit Awards - Olivia Wilde In Ralph Lauren

Runway To Film Independent Spirit Awards – Olivia Wilde In Ralph Lauren

11 Responses to Runway To 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards – Carey Mulligan In Christopher Kane

1. Renata March 6, 2010 at 16:10 #

This is sort of unexpected for me and I love it! She looks super cute. But i have to say, i prefer this haircut on Mia Wasikowaska. I don’t think it’s the exact same haircut but it’s very similar. I’m glad she chose a British designer!

2. mm March 6, 2010 at 16:40 #

Carey wowed me, finally she doesnt look like granny. This is my favorite of the night! She looks fantastic. I get it she not out to be over exposed this is the way to do it whimisical and uber cute!

3. dressaddict March 6, 2010 at 16:59 #

That’s my girl! She never let me down! Can’t wait to see her tomorow!

4. juli March 6, 2010 at 17:35 #

LOVE this look, love the dress and those fabulous shoes. :)

Not crazy about the red lipsctick tho, her face is too delicate for that.

5. toorose March 6, 2010 at 17:53 #

I like the dress on her.

6. Nikki March 6, 2010 at 20:25 #

She’s almost there…this look is neither boring nor exciting for me. I love the dress, but she still fails to wow me. I’m still waiting for that moment when she blows me away on the red carpet with her outfit.

I agree with the person who said her face looks too delicate for bright red lipstick.. She looks like a little girl wearing playing with her mother’s makeup.

7. Terry March 6, 2010 at 20:38 #

Love the dress and the red lipstick, so refined.

8. mochababe73 March 7, 2010 at 02:33 #

I am the exact opposite as usual. I think that, again, Carey Mulligan chooses a dress that ages her. Cut off the bottom piece of lace, and there is a dress for a pretty young woman.

9. Ksenia March 7, 2010 at 16:29 #

Very Carey, what can I say. When watching the runway show, I actually thought ‘If Anna Wintour wanted to try a bit of subtle sexy this could work for her.’

10. whitestroke March 7, 2010 at 21:07 #

Best dressed of the night. Definitely. I’m not totally wowed either, but better than others. I agree about the lipstick, what two people said above. I have a very similar type of face like Carey and I never wear red lipstick. Makes me look ridiculous, like a kid with makeup on.

11. pascha March 9, 2010 at 14:03 #

I adore her quirky choices, she is always full of sartorial surprises!

I would’ve loved to have seen this dress modified to be just that little bit shorter above the leg the way it is in the left picture.

Also I think this and many other Kane pieces would look great on Kristen Stewart.

Kane has a way of creating pieces that are feminine with a strong undercurrent of power and rebellion. Not the typical Hollywood ideal of femininity but it absolutely works here on Carey! :)