Runway To Vera Wang Store Launch – Renee Zellweger In Vera Wang

I’ve often wondered why celebs don’t wear Vera Wang on the red carpet.

She makes wearable stylish pieces, but I guess celebs just needed to be formally introduced to her work. Hence Ms Wang throwing a store launch party in LA last night.

Renee Zellweger put her best Jimmy Choo clad foot forward wearing a burgundy ruched strapless Vera Wang Fall 2010 top paired with a black pencil skirt.

For once I don’t feel a sense of de ja vu when looking at Renee.

I love this look, but did she have to wear so many gold rings.

It’s very BA Baracus from the A Team to wear that many gold rings.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Jeremy Renner In Hugo Boss - 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Mexico Premiere

Jeremy Renner In Hugo Boss – ‘Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters’ Mexico Premiere

Runway To Miscast 2010 - Julianna Margulies In L'Wren Scott

Runway To Miscast 2010 – Julianna Margulies In L’Wren Scott

20 Responses to Runway To Vera Wang Store Launch – Renee Zellweger In Vera Wang

1. LeeAnn March 3, 2010 at 13:57 #

I love Vera Wang and wish she was more accessable in the UK. Think she looks attractive but she doesn’t look like herself anymore-she is starting to morph into everyother over surgeried star. Also is her head that much bigger than her body or is the photo at a very wierd anglle-she is starting to look like an ant.

• Fashion Critic March 3, 2010 at 14:34 #

I think it’s the angle of the photo. It was the only one she was facing forward.

• JoltOfDavid March 3, 2010 at 14:49 #

It’s most certainly the angle. Otherwise, she looks great. And she’s not wearing CH!

2. robbie March 3, 2010 at 14:07 #

i think i might faint, something that is not by carolina herrera wow that is a big step for renee. those choos are am-az-ing!

3. wilwarin March 3, 2010 at 14:23 #

i’m not crazy about this, it’s interesting combination but i don’t feel it on rene… any she really needs to put some meat on her bones, because she’s becoming scary skinny…

4. Heather March 3, 2010 at 14:38 #

I’ve often wondered the same thing about Vera Wang’s clothes and celebs. Maybe we will see more of her dresses on the red carpet now.

Love the A Team reference! That really made me laugh!

5. juli March 3, 2010 at 14:46 #

humm, another strapless look fron Renee, how refreshing, NOT.

6. Helene March 3, 2010 at 15:01 #

OMG she is so skinny!!!!

7. Ksenia March 3, 2010 at 15:34 #

This is a great look for Renee. I am glad she took a breather from her beloved Carolina Herrera and took a step into Vera Wang, who I think, fits her style as well. This look is mature yet sexy and chic, which was what Renee was going for. I liked her incoperation of gold into her look.

8. Lizzie March 3, 2010 at 15:46 #

“Whatchu lookin’ at fool!”

:o)

9. advo88 March 3, 2010 at 15:58 #

I agree that the angle makes her body look weird but I also think here’s another actress that is way too skinny. I like the outfit but I don’t think it looks good on Renee at all.

10. FashionLover March 3, 2010 at 16:15 #

I love this look…for me BDOTW worthy,if only she had balanced out the jewellery

11. Nikki March 3, 2010 at 17:32 #

What happened to her? I almost didn’t recognize her.

Well finally she’s not wearing Carolina Herrera. However, this dress is not flattering on her. I think she has wide shoulders and narrow hips, and her dress emphasizes this. The length of the bodice cuts her off making her look…disproportionate (if this is the right word).

I do love her shoes though.

12. Leti March 3, 2010 at 18:34 #

It’s certainly a nice change for Renee, and I love the shoes hair and makeup. I don’t love the length of the top. I think it might have looked better if it was shorter, or if she had worn a belt.

13. ClinicallyFabulous March 3, 2010 at 23:30 #

I love how she incorporated the runway to real life look! And she can actually rock that color! Here is a link that has this story and a lot like it!

14. Sharon March 3, 2010 at 23:38 #

I really love the top of this outfit. The color, the cut, it’ all looks great to me and I think it really suits Renee. But I don’t like the black skirt with it. I’d much rather see the top lengthened into a dress or a matching skirt with it. And FC, I totally agree about the gold. It’s just a jarring yellow note against all that lush darkness.

15. SHANA March 3, 2010 at 23:39 #

love the outfit-but-Renee is anorexic and its disgusting…her head is too big for such a small body. She looks like a candied apple.

16. Alice March 4, 2010 at 01:20 #

She looks fantastic. Wow. I love the shoes with the dress; the bracelet looks good. I agree about the rings as they draw away from the rest of her outfit.

17. Flutterbang March 4, 2010 at 07:45 #

“It’s very BA Baracus from the A Team to wear that many gold rings.”

Can you please tell my step-mother this also? xD

I think she looks way to long in the torso because of the length of the top, she’s all uneven. I would love to see this on somebody a little taller …

18. whitestroke March 5, 2010 at 01:54 #

I guess the fact she’s not wearing CH was too much of a non-comfort zone so she had to resort to her other comfort zone to make up for it. Pencil skirt. She always wears that type of skirts. I’d love to see her in something different with that top. Maybe pants. Doesn’t have to be those runway pants. ANY pants. Just to move away from the same cut of dress/skirt.

Celebrities are not wearing Vera Wang too much because they’re stuck on the same few designers which they all together repeat again and again.