Runway To JCPenney’s Best Of Spring Showcase – Ashley Olsen In Jil Sander

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were in New York to attend the JCPenney’s Best Of Spring Showcase last night.

Mary-Kate wore a black slightly oversized Dries van Noten blazer as a dress, with a leather belt wrapped around her waist.

I like this look on Mary-Kate, mostly because it’s not 10 times too big for her.

Ashley also opted for a dark colour wearing a navy Jil Sander Spring 2010 belted dress.

On the runway this dress was presented with a skirt over a dress, but Ashley opted out of the skirt, but added sheer sleeves.

I’m not sure how you feel about Ashley’s look, but for me her modifications are a major downgrade.

I’m also disappointed with the black tights. Even I own a pair of navy tights.

I don’t get this at all.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

Vera's Academy Awards Wish

Vera’s Academy Awards Wish

16 Responses to Runway To JCPenney’s Best Of Spring Showcase – Ashley Olsen In Jil Sander

1. Jenny March 3, 2010 at 20:56 #

they look great. Usually people say that they wear unflattering outfits, but Ashley actually chose better modifications. She would have flooded in that dress.

2. mm March 3, 2010 at 21:44 #

I am so glad they arent looking like bag ladies. Maybe they will start to wear clothing that actually fits them and has some shape from now on. Even the hair looks great.

3. e March 3, 2010 at 22:45 #

this is the chic-est they’ve looked in a long time. they would do well by doing a 180 and adopting a severely chic, modernist, minimal look like this!

4. Mario March 3, 2010 at 22:53 #

I swear the Olsens look their best nowadays! From the hair to the simplicity in their outfits to the beautiful shoes – they’re simply flawless.
    And I really, really love their hair and makeup. They look so well kept and clean.

5. SHANA March 3, 2010 at 23:33 #

arent they just the ugliest little things????

6. Sharon March 3, 2010 at 23:46 #

I swear these girls must have vines growing on their legs given the way they keep them covered. I am really sick of the too-big-all-black-with-tights look that they’re usually wearing. Get clothes that fit in a color other than black, ditch the tights and stand up straight. Please. The runway dress is lovely and didn’t need to be changed.

7. Taina March 4, 2010 at 04:05 #

I totally agree with you on this! I luv me some MK & Ashley but Ashley’s version of the dress is not working and black tights with navy? Unacceptable behavior!

8. ben March 4, 2010 at 04:51 #

SHANA, that was a particularly rude comment. I actually find them to be beautiful, and i think they look particularly chic here. But I think Ashley’s high neckline is what puts me off the most. Looks like they’re back into looking good these days!

• Flutterbang March 4, 2010 at 07:43 #

You mean you don’t think they look like drowned rats crossed with gnome trolls?

In all fairness, I think they are a very pretty couple of girls who I’d really love to see wear something that doesn’t make them look like a couple of chic bag ladies.

• ~**juDee**~ March 4, 2010 at 14:18 #

hahaha….I couldn’t agree with you more

9. diana March 4, 2010 at 06:36 #

I think they both are dressing much better these days and their outfits are both chic. If I had to choose, I would definitely prefer Mary-Kate’s look. There is something about Ashley’s look that is a little unflattering. Maybe it is the black tights.

10. mol March 4, 2010 at 06:37 #

Perhaps the black tights were meant to relate to the black sheer sleeves? I quite like navy and black together (just me!), and I do think they both look great here.

11. Ishii March 4, 2010 at 09:32 #

I think the tights are too dark, that’s it

12. Lizzie March 4, 2010 at 09:49 #

I just don’t see what their appeal is. At all.

They don’t make the most of themselves. A lot of the time they look like scruffy tramps. With all the money they have they could do a lot better. No excuses!

13. ~**juDee**~ March 4, 2010 at 14:16 #

Gosh, why can’t these Olsens just go away. I know it sounds mean but they get on my nerves! Really I think it’s Mary-Kate that does my head in the most-she’s bringing Ashley down in my ‘personal opinion’ stakes lol.
    Jheez, I’m so over the olsen hype *rolls eyes*

14. whitestroke March 5, 2010 at 02:02 #

I don’t think I ever saw more black in my entire life. I don’t know what’s going on there either.