02.03.10 Style Spotlight

Style Spotlight – Miroslava Duma

Miroslava Duma is the daughter of senator Vasily Duma but has made her own name by taking massive strides into the world of fashion. She is the darling of the Russian fashion scene, an It Girl with a wardrobe to die for.

Best known for coveted collection of Hermes bags and Louis Vuitton scarves, Miroslava never puts a fashion foot wrong. She can be seen at all the fashion shows and has a loyal (and some might say obsessive) online following.

Miroslava started at Harper’s Bazaar, Russia and now contributes to L’Officiel Russia, Glamour Russia, the style section at Russian OK Magazine, and Russian Tatler.

Miroslava favourites used to be Missoni and Miu Miu, but she now admits to favouring designers such as Prada, Bottega Veneta, YSL, Lanvin, Alexander Wang and Russian designer Vika Gazinskaya.

As if she didn’t make us green with envy enough already she is also a young humanitarian and founder of the charity, “Mira’s Planet”.

Her style has just the right amount of edge to it and she does dressed down chic so well. She styles herself immaculately without looking too “put together”.

Take a look at some of her best ensembles below.

I love the grown up glamour of this Bottega Veneta suit with it’s vivid colour.

I also like that she has teamed it with a chic black shoes, which are a really nice contrast against the red.

This cute leopard print skirt comes from Lanvin’s Spring 2009 collection.

I just love how she’s styled this skirt with a knotted belt and a loose fitting white tee.

The cut out ankle boots inject some edginess to this look.

This Christopher Kane for Topshop dress is elegance with a quirky edge, which I think really summarises Miroslava’s style.

I love that she lets the dress do the talking, without her hair and make up being too fussy.

I really love this Miu Miu Fall 2009 runway look, which we have seen versions of on Chloe Sevigny and Zoe Saldana.

Miroslava has opted for a more conservative take on this look by covering her bra.

Again I just love this red on her.

Her Prada Fall 2009  jacket is so sleek and elegant.

She also knots a belt with this look, which may just be her signature look.

The leopard print shoes add an interesting touch.

Miroslava knows how to transform conservative looks into something fresh and modern.

I love this Mary Katrantzou Fall 2009 on Miroslava which is considerably shorter than the runway version.

Worn with Wayfarer’s and a leather jacket, this look radiates chic.

Credit: Style.com, Miroslavastyle.blogspot.com & Citizencouture.com

Runway To Red Carpet Fashion Celebrating Oscar Week - Camilla Belle In Marchesa

Runway To Red Carpet Fashion Celebrating Oscar Week – Camilla Belle In Marchesa

Runway To The Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards - Jenni Falconer In Alberta Ferretti

Runway To The Prince’s Trust Celebrate Success Awards – Jenni Falconer In Alberta Ferretti

23 Responses to Style Spotlight – Miroslava Duma

1. Stuti March 2, 2010 at 09:06 #

You like ankle boots and plain black pumps? :P
    Agree with you though, she IS stunning. And I love her choices. The Prada, and the Miu Miu are my favourites!

• mm March 2, 2010 at 11:41 #

The Prada and Miu Miu looks were my favorite also!

• FU March 3, 2010 at 12:37 #

That’s what I thought too.
      It’s amazing how quickly Catherine’s tone has changed…
      She likes black pumps and ankle boots now???
      hmmm. interesting.

• Fashion Critic March 3, 2010 at 12:49 #

You are TOTALLY misunderstanding me.

I don’t like ankle boots, black pumps nor tights ON THE RED CARPET.

I own ankle boots, black pumps and tights.

Miroslava is going about her everyday life, she’s not at an awards do nor a premiere.

Red carpet looks and everyday looks can’t really be compared.

I would have thought that was self explanatory, but since so many of you are questioning this I guess it’s not.

2. Jasmine March 2, 2010 at 09:45 #

Love the Lanvin look, esp the boots

3. ioana March 2, 2010 at 11:35 #

I do not find her style special.She looks like any usual woman caught but with a bit of style…And I believe that she shouldn’t wear ankle boots because they make her legs appear even shorter

• Kristen July 23, 2010 at 03:32 #

I totally agree. Her look is a dime a dozen. My friend is obsessed with her so we were looking at pictures on other websites. In most she looks like she is trying to do a nicole richie thing. She’s adorable, but i dont get the big deal.

4. FF March 2, 2010 at 13:03 #

What I like most about what she wears is how it all incorporates a little bit of her own personal style. That’s really all I ask for in the fashion set and it often seems like very thing constantly left out.

I like people who put a little of their own personality or style into their look, it keeps it interesting and inspiring.

5. Weber from Brazil March 2, 2010 at 13:53 #

Love Miroslava +_+

I first saw her in this Brazilian site fashionismo

Check it out

She always looks breath-takingly amazing +_+

6. Sabina March 2, 2010 at 15:54 #

for the first time I’m proud of someone from Russia, cause usually Russian girls have a lot of money and terrible taste, lol.. it’s only Miroslava, Dasha Zhukova, and another girl Aizel Trudel, who know fashion very well and have good style

7. rosie March 2, 2010 at 16:23 #

This girl!! Sweet and yet so sophisticated! I agree with you FC that her style is effortless and she also seems to truly be a chamelion of styles, pulling off each look even though there’s quite a range. AND I love her in tights :) AND I had to scroll back to see the models pics because I was so enraptured by her…and now i’m rambling :)

8. Shannon March 2, 2010 at 17:46 #

The Lanvin look is my fav! this girl has awesome style make every look her own

9. Sabina March 2, 2010 at 20:00 #

here are some more interesting pictures

10. justme March 2, 2010 at 20:47 #

I love the first two looks. I really like her in that Lanvin skirt, it’s simple yet fun.
    I have to agree with the person who said she has a bit of style but nothing out of this world.

11. Sue Jin March 2, 2010 at 23:03 #

Wow I’m really liking her style
    MY favorite is the Bottega Venetta but i really liked all the outfits you’ve posted

12. Flutterbang March 2, 2010 at 23:54 #

I’m in love with that Mary Katrantzou dress – and I’ve just discovered it looks just like her perfume bottle. Awesome!

13. Marjorie March 3, 2010 at 01:10 #

I like this new type of chronicles! It is very inspiring! Continue this way, and thank you for sharing your blog :-)

14. tazzha March 3, 2010 at 03:25 #

omigawd! omigawd! omigawd!
    FINALLY!!!
    i’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting (and even considered to email you about her, so you can put her on the web.)
    and voila!
    that day has come! :)

miroslava duma is my girl-crush.

her style is effortless chic. (not to mention her hermes collection. i think she can beat VB on this.)
    plus, her pretty face! i never thought she’s already married. the first time i saw her, i thought she’s a 16 year old girl. lol!

she never gone wrong in anything she wears.
    i hope to see more of her on this website. :)

15. MEME March 3, 2010 at 18:46 #

A real fashionista???…. It’s about time… I’m tired of hearin’ about celebrities and their so-called Fashion sense…. But I’ve been hip to this girl for a minute…. I love her style…. and I love how she puts pieces together…. she is a fearless one….

• StylistLiz March 4, 2010 at 02:32 #

OMG I totally agree, please can someone comment on this!
      I’m a stylist (soon to-be designer) and business owner. And to hear that celebs get praised when you clearly know its their personal stylist choosing clothes for them. **KimK as a style icon,whatever** and whats up with Alexa Chung, can someone tell me why she is partnering up with Madewell? She as an style icon, no f-way!

16. whitestroke March 3, 2010 at 19:53 #

Hm. Not too impressed. Maybe I expected TOO MUCH, judging by what you wrote and the pic before the cut. That’s a cool sweater. I’ve seen some more pics of her, too. She has a great choice of designers, I give her THAT. But overall, she hits from time to time, but misses more often. The only look I really really liked here is the one with the Prada jacket.

17. Alice March 4, 2010 at 01:53 #

I heard about Ms. Duma on another blog this week! Haha, she is absolutely exquisite.

18. StylistLiz March 4, 2010 at 02:38 #

I love reading and following women who have a career and do right with their personal lives. Especially to see them as passionate fashionistas. Hollywood makes it hard b/c of pappazzari, and brand sponsoring. Reality shows and ‘why am i famous’ celebs get own for the labels they get paid to endorse.