Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards – Selena Gomez In Georges Hobeika

Simple Yet Stunning Award
On Friday night, stars took to the red carpet for the 41st NAACP Image Awards in LA.

Selena Gomez was one of the many stars who looked gorgeous on the night.

The teen actress looked beautiful wearing a Georges Hobeika Signature Spring 2010 gown.

I normally moan about Selena dressing too old for her age, but on this occasion I love the simplicity of this look.

When teen queen Taylor Swift is dazzling us with embellishments each time she hits the red carpet, Selena opts for a simple ivory strapless gown which has is gathered on the bodice and waist.

She could’ve then opted to over accessorize to make a big statement, but just dark navy earrings and silver clutch complete the look.

I think she looks so good that she even outshines the model.

[nggallery id=353]

Credit: Georges Hobeika.com, London Features & Wireimage

Emporio Armani Fall 2010

Emporio Armani Fall 2010

41st NAACP Image Awards – Amber Riley In Tadashi Shoji

41st NAACP Image Awards – Amber Riley In Tadashi Shoji

17 Responses to Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards – Selena Gomez In Georges Hobeika

1. mandy February 28, 2010 at 11:53 #

*clap* *clap*. This dress is just divine! And that clutch is just amazing.

2. najla February 28, 2010 at 12:32 #

amazing
    miley cyrus take notes

3. Linda February 28, 2010 at 14:15 #

That clutch is great. Very nice look.

4. perfumeorpoison February 28, 2010 at 17:13 #

hmmmmm. i like the dress. i like the colour of the dress. i like the fact that she didn’t over-accessorize. i like the lack of sparkles, paillettes etc. but something’s wrong here for me and i can’t put my finger on it!! maybe it’s the fact that the dress washes her out a bit?

• mochababe73 March 1, 2010 at 14:31 #

I was thinking the same thing. Can you imagine what Selena would have looked like if she wore this dress in a jeweled color with her skin tone. Stunning.

5. Ksenia February 28, 2010 at 17:34 #

For once I ‘m not rolling my eyes at Selena Gomez. Bit I wish she had a better cuff. Her silver cuff looks like it is suffocating her arm.

6. mol February 28, 2010 at 18:44 #

Overall, a beautiful look (I agree with Ksenia on the silver cuff), mostly I am in awe of her skin – very pretty young girl who I haven’t really bothered to pay attention to previously….

7. Chloe February 28, 2010 at 21:54 #

Something seems off to me too, maybe it’s the fitting of the bodice?

• Ally March 1, 2010 at 11:51 #

I think it is something with the bodice. Something is off in that area.

8. dressaddict March 1, 2010 at 08:46 #

Hobeika is one underrated designer this days, he has literally stunning dresses and gowns, check it out on Google and you will see. I think he is even better than Marchesa, as they aim at the same target. But that’s how marketing works, unfortunately…

9. FF March 1, 2010 at 10:28 #

Does this kind of remind anyone of the green dress Keira Knightley wore in Atonement? I think it’s the detail at the hip.

I love Selena’s red carpet style though, I keep a special eye out for her and what she’s wearing, and so far she’s yet to disappoint.

This look is understated but beautiful.

10. robbie March 1, 2010 at 15:27 #

boring as usual. is she frickin 30 for crying out loud she needs to dress a little more youthful.

11. JJ March 2, 2010 at 16:23 #

The clutch is gorgeous. Whose design?
    Georges Hobeika is an underrated designer – would love to see more of his designs on the red carpet.
    Not keen on the bodice/navel area. I like that she’s not matchy matchy

12. Ashley March 2, 2010 at 18:13 #

I agree with some of the other comments. Something is off on this.

She’s such a beautiful young girl and this just isn’t working for me. It’s ill fitting in the bodice, making her seem almost a bit droopy. And I do not like the way it fits in the naval, as well. You can see her belly button and it just kind of irks me.

This whole thing almost seems sort of drab and depressing. The color washes her out and the cuff is cutting off her circulation. You can see in the close up that it’s seriously cutting into her skin.

She’s so thin and statuesque and this just makes her look skeletal. Not my favorite. But, to each their own.

13. si March 4, 2010 at 18:52 #

definitely does NOT outshine the model…what makes the dress is the model and the earrinys and stuff cuz the dress itself is sooo simple….she shoulda added some better more eyecatching accessory…preferable mimmicking the model…dont she knowthe Designer Knows Best?