Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards – Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

Least Flattering Award
Sandra Bullock arrived at the 41st NAACP Image Awards on Friday night with her husband Jesse James.

Sandra’s Lee McQueen tribute was admirable, but her Alexander McQueen Resort 2009 dress with an embroidered humming bird and floral detail doesn’t suit her at all.

It looks great on the runway, but the asymmetrical flamenco-style hemline, plus the cold-shoulder detail and that purple clutch don’t work for me at all.

I also think that if you’re going to wear a dress like this, a lighter strappy sandal would work better.

Her Sergio Rossi heels feel too heavy for this look.

Couldn’t find one positive from this look.

[nggallery id=355]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

41st NAACP Image Awards - Anika Noni Rose In Ysa Makino, BCBG Max Azria & Naeem Khan

41st NAACP Image Awards – Anika Noni Rose In Ysa Makino, BCBG Max Azria & Naeem Khan

13 Responses to Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards – Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

1. Linda February 28, 2010 at 14:13 #

This doesn’t blow me away, but I didn’t think it was too bad. A strappy shoe would have done wonders for sure, and lose the purple clutch. I really like the side view in the last small picture at the bottom, which looks sexy and sweet at the same time.

• Leti February 28, 2010 at 15:25 #

I totally agree. I see where she was going with the clutch, but instead up pulling out the colors in the embroidery detail, it just seems to clash. Same goes for the earring. However, the shoes are definitely the worst part. I will say, her waist looks tiny!

2. Flutterbang February 28, 2010 at 16:53 #

I don’t mean to be disagreeable, but I absolutely adore this – and that dress is just goooorgeous, I want it

3. Natasa February 28, 2010 at 18:19 #

I love all clothes with flowers and patterned, It is such beautiful !

4. mol February 28, 2010 at 18:27 #

Like Linda, I love the side view – even her shoes don’t look as bad here, the slingback makes them lighter and more elegant. I think I actually really like this outfit!

5. Ksenia February 28, 2010 at 19:27 #

Sandra is great with chic and sexy elegance- but this is just frumpy. This reminds me of Nicole Kidman at her worst in a turned-frumpy L’Wren Scott getup.

6. Marvel February 28, 2010 at 23:06 #

Im really surprised people dont like this look. Its not flattering but it is so stunning and I appreciate she didnt wear black pumps. I like this look :)

7. Lara March 1, 2010 at 13:34 #

I love this look. I think the shoes were actually a great choice especialyl when you see their detail in side profile.

8. robbie March 1, 2010 at 15:22 #

the main thing i dont like is the length, this would have been better if the hem reached the floor rather than her ankle. the shoes are gtoo heavy strappy sandals would have looked amazing with this.

9. Nada March 1, 2010 at 21:37 #

are you serious? she looks absolutely stunning. the accessories are off, yes, but the dress more than makes up for it.

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2010 at 21:43 #

YES I AM…Geez why are comments becoming so rude.

We all don’t like the same things.

• lulu March 3, 2010 at 06:34 #

woah, chill out! why so serious?

10. Michael March 4, 2010 at 04:56 #

I think she looks lovely. The look is soft and romantic, the proportion is great on her. Sometimes she looks so awkward. I think a different shoe would have been better, but it’s understated, and her hair and make-up are spot on.