28.02.10

41st NAACP Image Awards – Amber Riley In Tadashi Shoji

Nice Dress, But Did You Have To Match It To Your Eye Shadow? Award

Amber Riley walked the NAACP’s 41st Annual Image Awards red carpet on Friday night.

The “Glee” actress wore a stunning Tadashi Shoji aztec blue gown.

I love the way the pleated details on her crinkled gown hug her curvaceous figure, plus the gorgeous chiffon skirt which flows elegantly into a beautiful train.

My only problem with this look is Riley’s eye shadow.

Not being a fan of eye shadow myself, I really dislike it when a bold coloured dress is matched with eye make-up.

Yes it works sometimes, but not on this occasion for me.

Amber completes her look with a silver crystal Swarovski clutch.

Credit: Wireimage

Richard Nicoll Spring 2012

Richard Nicoll Spring 2012

Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards - Mo'Nique In Tadashi Shoji

Runway To 41st NAACP Image Awards – Mo’Nique In Tadashi Shoji

9 Responses to 41st NAACP Image Awards – Amber Riley In Tadashi Shoji

1. Linda February 28, 2010 at 14:10 #

That dress is stunning, it fits like a glove and the colour is amazing. Hair and makeup nice are nice too, except of course, for the matching eye shadow.

Otherwise, this is really beautiful.

2. Leti February 28, 2010 at 15:33 #

Too true FC. I saw the full length shot, and thought, “wow.” Then I saw the close up beside it and thought, “ugh.”

3. perfumeorpoison February 28, 2010 at 17:09 #

i dont mind the eyeshadow. i would though, in case it wasn’t applied in such a smokey way…
    btw i’m really glad she picked such a vibrant colour for the dress.

4. mol February 28, 2010 at 18:40 #

Tfhe matchy eyeshadow is not great, but everything else is a resounding success – color and design are perfect on her, she’s my best dressed so far!

5. Beatriz Duarte February 28, 2010 at 19:24 #

The eyeshadow does not bother me, actually. I can’t stop looking at the dress – what a nice colour! Love it!

6. Marvel February 28, 2010 at 23:07 #

The blue eye shadow is horrendous!! She has such an amazing voice though, are you watching GLEE??

7. robbie March 1, 2010 at 15:26 #

there is nothing tackier than matching a bright coloured dress to your eyeshadow. but she is beautiful though and the dress is really nice.

8. Raquel March 2, 2010 at 04:51 #

I give her a pass because she is very young, a newbie on the red carpet and, seems to be having loads of fun. And quite honestly, once in a while it is nice to see someone getting out of the smokey eye/nude lips rut and doing something impretictable, even is it a tad tacky.

9. tb March 4, 2010 at 21:53 #

well i love the makeup and she i simply gorgeous and those are her eyes she can do what she wants
    mom